The Premiere Division 2021-22

Lothian Thistle HV 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic

Glorious evening in deepest Pilton.

Both sides deserved to leave with a share of the spoils IMO - but in their own way each will think they should have taken all 3pts. Goals have been posted above so no need to describe them.

LTHV were better early-on, then 'Burgh took control (aided by their opponents fragility defending corners), but went down to 10-men around 30mins and then 9-men with perhaps 15-mins left.

'Man of the Match' for me was #14 for Musselburgh. He almost physically beat and dragged his defence through to that 1pt.

Extremely erratic performance from the referee and standside linesman. That said the penalty was correct and if any yellows were for dissent no argument.

Visitors will regret going down to 9-men to begin with. Hosts will regret being unable to break 9-men down. For us neutrals no regret at decent entertainment.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 14/07/2021 at 19:28, RedLichty said:

Agreed the board need to back him,  but where does the money come from without supporters digging deep?  Is it reasonable to expect the couple of guys on their committee who seem to be driving to keep digging on their own?

I hope Kevin Haynes has the work ethic of Mr Jones.  It’s a tough battle getting players to go to Dunbar even with the draw of the Premier League and the Scottish 

No won is putting money in to the club. Interesting to note that the chair thinks by building a new stand,it will attract players to the club. Don't quite get that cos despite having excellent facilities,it is what you give players in the wee brown envelope that gets them on board,anyway the board are doing some good things and some not so good things,but they at least trying and maybe a bit naive in some areas. As I say we might not be entirely happy at how this has been handled, but,time to get behind the manager and the team and hope they get a good start as we don't want a similar start as last season.

Blackburn result of the day.

Camelon, Penicuik + Dunbar honourable mentions.

Friday 16th July

Saturday 17th July
Broxburn Athletic 1-4 Penicuik Athletic
Camelon 4-1 Newtongrange Star
Crossgates Primrose 1-1 Linlithgow Rose
Dundonald Bluebell 4-1 Whitehill Welfare
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2-3 Tranent
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-1 Tynecastle
Jeanfield Swifts 0-4 Blackburn United
Sauchie 1-3 Dunbar United

2079069304_EPJul17.JPG.09262ad85e6a2eb90908559bedd1eac4.JPG

Despite the scoreline not much between Broxburn and Penicuik today.  Two very late goals put the shine on it for Cuikie.  

First half not much in it, a good save from a free kick by the Penicuik keeper and a goal bound shot headed over were Broxburn’s best effort’s and a smart breakaway goal had Cuikie leading 1-0 and halftime.

Second half Broxburn probably the better side early on missed a couple of really good chances and scored a freak goal (sure it was meant as a cross) to level.

Penicuik then scored against the run of play with about 15-20 to play.  They cruised it from there and added two late goals to seal an excellent opening day win.

Tuesday 20th July 2021
Dunbar United v Broxburn Athletic
Linlithgow Rose v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Musselburgh Athletic v Sauchie
Newtongrange Star v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic v Crossgates Primrose
Tranent v Lothian Thistle HV
Tynecastle v Jeanfield Swifts
Whitehill Welfare v Camelon

Wednesday 21st July 2021
Blackburn United v Dundonald Bluebell

9 hours ago, imho said:

No won is putting money in to the club. Interesting to note that the chair thinks by building a new stand,it will attract players to the club. Don't quite get that cos despite having excellent facilities,it is what you give players in the wee brown envelope that gets them on board,anyway the board are doing some good things and some not so good things,but they at least trying and maybe a bit naive in some areas. As I say we might not be entirely happy at how this has been handled, but,time to get behind the manager and the team and hope they get a good start as we don't want a similar start as last season.

Agreed.  I think a few things a little naive. Everyone seems to be behind Kevin Haynes.  The chair , as I understand, is only there as nobody else wanted to take it on.  Not really a football man, clearly a smart guy who has made a lot of money but as you say sometimes a little naive on what will attract good players to the club.

They have done well do bring in Kevin Haynes who has been successful everywhere he has been.  The challenge will be bringing good players to the club, they have a good base to build from … 

Edited by RedLichty

On 16/07/2021 at 23:52, HibeeJibee said:

Glorious evening in deepest Pilton.

Both sides deserved to leave with a share of the spoils IMO - but in their own way each will think they should have taken all 3pts. Goals have been posted above so no need to describe them.

LTHV were better early-on, then 'Burgh took control (aided by their opponents fragility defending corners), but went down to 10-men around 30mins and then 9-men with perhaps 15-mins left.

'Man of the Match' for me was #14 for Musselburgh. He almost physically beat and dragged his defence through to that 1pt.

Extremely erratic performance from the referee and standside linesman. That said the penalty was correct and if any yellows were for dissent no argument.

Visitors will regret going down to 9-men to begin with. Hosts will regret being unable to break 9-men down. For us neutrals no regret at decent entertainment.

Fair analysis on a beautiful night for football. Referee had a poor game. As for the stand-side linesman, he shouldn't have bothered turning up. Young and learning granted, but I never saw him make a decision all night! 

4 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Not sure how it was muted they were over at the linesman and the goalie stopped

I think if it had been further into the season there would be a lot more dissent - given how glaring that was, the complaints seemed little more than going through the motions and they actually stayed a fair distance from the man in blue, such that the ref didn’t have to g et involved

Edited by Ann Dan Otherthing
Clarity

4 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Not sure how it was muted they were over at the linesman and the goalie stopped

4 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:

Shocker of a decision by the linesman but you do have to question what the keeper is doing.

Personally Ifind the offside rule changes a bit frustrating - - - waiting until the ball is out of action. Why?? If its clearly offside, stop the play. I'm struggling to find any benefits, but lots of issues associated to this rule change.

Edited by YoungSouthcroft