The Premiere Division 2021-22

film-premiere.png

P.JPG.0f35cdc06d6ba828e8f75233529d57b4.JPG

As you were in Premier although a couple of clubs are off to new homes. Tranent, Jeanfield and Linlithgow were early pace setters before last season got stopped but far more clubs will have ambitions of challenging - maybe half the division? Bottom looks likely to be competitive too.

Clubs play 2 times for 34 games. With league games being front-loaded in case of future public health difficulties halfway should be reached by Bonfire Night and 2/3rd by Christmas. Champion go up automatically, into playoff with West or South champion or into round-robin with both depending on how many are licensed. (It looks like all bar a couple of EOS Premier clubs will be licensed before season even starts, nevermind come next spring; with West and South both having a handful, albeit most of the contenders). Clubs finishing in bottom 4 relegated to First Division; whilst 14th would also go down if there is a net gain of 1 club from LL.

Action gets underway on Friday 16th July, with LTHV hosting Musselburgh in some Friday night football, then concludes on Saturday 14th May.

Opening week:
753149850_P1.JPG.e602bc7a20a07ea68be26128a081257b.JPG
2115164199_P2.JPG.7bbabe1c5a399634438bab43f05ae6c8.JPG

September international weekend:
P3.JPG.b97d2392e102f22dfbce1eb934887425.JPG

Festive period/Premiership winter break:
P4.JPG.56df352a0bb4abc7e563b2986375423c.JPG
P5.JPG.820430bce4af568d9fd1753394cdae24.JPG

Closing week:
P6.JPG.a02db000e6e5fec3f2f0deaa8004cb00.JPG

LTHV groundshare with Spartans... Tynecastle groundshare with Boroughmuir RFC.

Everyone except Crossgates will have floodlights.

PM1.JPG.4ad8d36a7143bfeb665787b06344850e.JPG

Edited by HibeeJibee

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Dunbar sack their manager 10 days before the season starts...

http://www.facebook.com/186915844773328/posts/2273325912798967/

Ridiculous decision on timing alone. This new board have moved the club forward on some things but how they have handled this, stinks. If they were thinking of replacing Geoff  anyway ,why have they allowed him to sign several players.  I heard tonight the manager is on holiday and for me that is not right if true but I am led to believe he wasn't aware of his dismissal

If true it stinks more. I think if changes were on the minds of this new board,then they are responsible if we go down, they should have made the change weeks ago if they were not happy and allow a new manager time to recruit his own players. The timing sucks, Geoff has done a great job with no money and this new board need to get real and instead of dreaming of a new stand, appoint a manager who can attract the type of player that they think will move us forward with money that can take us forward , personally it's not going to happen unless there is some sugar daddy  to fund what is required and I don't think that will happen . I have supported Dunbar for many years and I just wish Geoff had resigned when he won us promotion instead of what has now happened. I hope what I'm hearing isn't true,that he hasn't been told as he is on holiday,which is not what what  should be happening. We need someone with wide contacts and a budget to match the dream. However I personally want to thank Geoff for all he has given to Dunbar as player and manager and feel that this is not how he deserves to be treated and if the club appoint who is being rumoured to take over, I won't be back.

5 hours ago, imho said:

Ridiculous decision on timing alone. This new board have moved the club forward on some things but how they have handled this, stinks. If they were thinking of replacing Geoff  anyway ,why have they allowed him to sign several players.  I heard tonight the manager is on holiday and for me that is not right if true but I am led to believe he wasn't aware of his dismissal

If true it stinks more. I think if changes were on the minds of this new board,then they are responsible if we go down, they should have made the change weeks ago if they were not happy and allow a new manager time to recruit his own players. The timing sucks, Geoff has done a great job with no money and this new board need to get real and instead of dreaming of a new stand, appoint a manager who can attract the type of player that they think will move us forward with money that can take us forward , personally it's not going to happen unless there is some sugar daddy  to fund what is required and I don't think that will happen . I have supported Dunbar for many years and I just wish Geoff had resigned when he won us promotion instead of what has now happened. I hope what I'm hearing isn't true,that he hasn't been told as he is on holiday,which is not what what  should be happening. We need someone with wide contacts and a budget to match the dream. However I personally want to thank Geoff for all he has given to Dunbar as player and manager and feel that this is not how he deserves to be treated and if the club appoint who is being rumoured to take over, I won't be back.

👏👏 10 days before the start of season is really poor timing. Geoff took time off during the season. Surely before he came back, if there were any doubts the committee had, they should have spoken to Geoff at that time before allowing him back as manager.

I think by looking at social media the overwhelming majority of Dunbar fans, like yourself, were against this decision, as well as those outwith the club.

Poor show.

The team were on a collision course with relegation last season, and their manager won one game and the club stood by him … the also stood by him to take a leave of absence for a few months.  So sacking him 10 days before a new season does seem unusual.  Albeit I’ve not seen their games they seem short of players with only one or two on the bench.

The team have, like others, struggled in pre-season but I agree perhaps the focus from the Board should be on finding money to back the manager with players.

I had heard that the assistant walked out on the manager last week, before they were beaten by Rosyth. So I think there could be a little more to this story… 

2 hours ago, Scuzz said:

Kevin Haynes in as the new Dunbar gaffer, never saw that coming. Good luck to him, great guy.

Agree never seen that coming and obviously not something that just happened but doesn't matter now the board have appointed someone to work with the players signed by Geoff who they have openly said they don't think they are good enough.  I wish him good luck ,he will need it and how long will he get given the reasons for Geoff,s dismissal. I don't like how things have panned out but it's the boards decision and I don't think a change is necessarily wrong but it stinks. Time will tell . My thanks once again to Geoff .

5 minutes ago, RedLichty said:

Massive turn around for the club today, social media has gone wild for Big Kev.  A really positive and engaging guy and a bold appointment.  Interested to see who he brings in, any word?

No,nothing. This as you say has come completely out the blue. But if he resigned from Dalkeith cos players weren't committed,then he could be in for a shock.  The board need to back him up with money to sign the type of player's they think can take us forward and stop asking supporters to dig deep. Despite being unhappy at how Geoff,s tenure has ended, this could be a good appointment but I still think we will struggle. 

IMO the title this year will be between Linlithgow, Tranent and Jeanfield.  Plenty others could mount a challenge but sooner or later Lithgae will get it right and the other two were the best last season (or what was played of it). If I was to pick one I’d go for Tranent.

Going down will be 4 from Inverkeithing, Blackburn, Dunbar, Sauchie and Whitehill.  Think LTHV and Tynecastle may also struggle this year and be in the mix for relegation after they had decent seasons last year.  Camelon appear to have a lot of changes if the Transfers in/out is correct so their season could go either way.

21 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

IMO the title this year will be between Linlithgow, Tranent and Jeanfield.  Plenty others could mount a challenge but sooner or later Lithgae will get it right and the other two were the best last season (or what was played of it). If I was to pick one I’d go for Tranent.

Going down will be 4 from Inverkeithing, Blackburn, Dunbar, Sauchie and Whitehill.  Think LTHV and Tynecastle may also struggle this year and be in the mix for relegation after they had decent seasons last year.  Camelon appear to have a lot of changes if the Transfers in/out is correct so their season could go either way.

Dunbar will definitely be in the relegation fight and I hope Tranent win it although Jeanfield were the best outfit last season. 

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Tranent seem to have strengthened considerably, also Linlithgow, not seen so much about Jeanfield but they don't tend to get the same press coverage. Penicuik and Musselburgh will also be tipped by some IMO. Penicuik only actually had 2 losses + 1 draw last season, they were tucked into mid-table due to games-in-hand after a red hot start plus had held Tranent. Then again when play ceased 8 clubs had 3 losses or fewer!

With a long season and an intense first half getting plentiful points onboard early could be key, plus of course the vital head-to-heads. Of those you cite Jeanfield v Tranent first meet on Saturday 14th August; then Tranent v Linlithgow on Tuesday 31st; with Linlithgow v Jeanfield not till Saturday 30th October.

PT1a.JPG.f8fe40c8ce487b29ea4d53d9c8edc5f3.JPG

Another one bites the dust, Kevin Milne out as Musselburgh manager.

On 08/07/2021 at 05:46, Casey Jones said:

👏👏 10 days before the start of season is really poor timing. Geoff took time off during the season. Surely before he came back, if there were any doubts the committee had, they should have spoken to Geoff at that time before allowing him back as manager.

I think by looking at social media the overwhelming majority of Dunbar fans, like yourself, were against this decision, as well as those outwith the club.

Poor show.

26 minutes ago, drs said:

Another one bites the dust, Kevin Milne out as Musselburgh manager.

Wow..........

What's the usual price that clubs are charging for individual player/shirt sponsorship this season? 

Wondering how it compares between the WoS, EoS, Highland and Lowland leagues.

brace-yourselves-its-nef8h6.jpg

Football at this level ended on Saturday 14th March 2020 with the cancellation of Blackburn v Jeanfield, Camelon v Newtongrange, Dunbar v Sauchie, Linlithgow v Crossgates, Penicuik v Broxburn, Tranent v Hill of Beath, Whitehill v Dundonald, plus Tynecastle v Inverkeithing (in First Division B)... restarted abortively on Saturday 10th October 2020 with the equivalent games, and Musselburgh v LTHV on Friday 9th... and restarts again this Saturday 17th July - hopefully for good this time - with the reverse equivalents, and LTHV v Musselburgh on Friday 16th.

Most importantly fans are also back at competitive action for the first time in 16 months.

Friday 16th July
Lothian Thistle HV v Musselburgh Athletic (7:30pm)

Saturday 17th July
Broxburn Athletic v Penicuik Athletic
Camelon v Newtongrange Star
Crossgates Primrose v Linlithgow Rose
Dundonald Bluebell v Whitehill Welfare
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Tranent
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Tynecastle (2pm)
Jeanfield Swifts v Blackburn United
Sauchie v Dunbar United

Attractive match for "Friday night football" as 2 top-end contenders last season clash.

MotD on Saturday probably Hill of Beath v Tranent although Broxburn v Penicuik and Sauchie v Dunbar also look particularly interesting.

On 09/07/2021 at 00:15, imho said:

No,nothing. This as you say has come completely out the blue. But if he resigned from Dalkeith cos players weren't committed,then he could be in for a shock.  The board need to back him up with money to sign the type of player's they think can take us forward and stop asking supporters to dig deep. Despite being unhappy at how Geoff,s tenure has ended, this could be a good appointment but I still think we will struggle. 

Agreed the board need to back him,  but where does the money come from without supporters digging deep?  Is it reasonable to expect the couple of guys on their committee who seem to be driving to keep digging on their own?

I hope Kevin Haynes has the work ethic of Mr Jones.  It’s a tough battle getting players to go to Dunbar even with the draw of the Premier League and the Scottish Cup.