Jump to content

The Conference A Team 2021-22


Recommended Posts

Saturday 9th October 2021
Coldstream v Ormiston
Dalkeith Thistle v Rosyth
Dunipace v Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic v Tweedmouth Rangers
Leith Athletic v Edinburgh United (2pm)
St Andrews United v Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Thornton Hibs v Kennoway Star Hearts


Pair of Fife derbies punctuate an interesting weekend's action in prospect. Leith v Edinburgh United is 2pm allowing the bushy-tailed to make their own hostelries in time for Scotland v Israel.

Looking at the broader situation after 12 weeks battle we find Leith and Haddington both unbeaten and both tied at the top. It could be some time until these pair duel, as their meeting in East Lothian is without a date (being cancelled by a Scottish Cup replay a fortnight ago), and the return at Meadowbank is the last day of the season. Kennoway are tucked in behind, and right down to Dunipace clubs will consider themself within striking distance of possible promotion. There is an obvious 'bottom 5' some of whom may be getting twitchy about their chances of survival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Saturday 9th October 2021
Coldstream 3-0 Ormiston
Dalkeith Thistle 0-4 Rosyth
Dunipace (ten) 10-0 Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic 5-0 Tweedmouth Rangers
Leith Athletic 1-2 Edinburgh United
St Andrews United 1-5 Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Thornton Hibs 0-2 Kennoway Star Hearts


1638634644_E1AJul17.JPG.2deb63e9e2c4414065d0a378fbf6c56a.JPG

Leith's unbeaten run came to an end in shock circumstances - at home in the Edinburgh derby. In consequence they drop 3pts behind Haddington, are tied with Kennoway while Edinburgh Utd and Kirkcaldy & Dysart close to within 4pts. Dunipace hit double-figures as Craigroyston chanelled their inner Vale of Leithen.

Coldstream were the only victor outside top 7 and this keeps them in touch with the vital plimsol line. Below them the likes of Dalkeith or Thornton really need to ignite their seasons sharpish, else gap becomes unbridgeable.

Edited by HibeeJibee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 9th October 2021
Coldstream 3-0 Ormiston
Dalkeith Thistle 0-4 Rosyth
Dunipace (ten) 10-0 Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic 5-0 Tweedmouth Rangers
Leith Athletic 1-2 Edinburgh United
St Andrews United 1-5 Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Thornton Hibs 0-2 Kennoway Star Hearts


390709149_E1AJul17.JPG.c331830e6b67375f12ba3d69e44dd501.JPG

Leith's unbeaten run came to an end in shock circumstances - at home in the Edinburgh derby.

United drop to 5th following their ‘shock’ 😉 win Hibee. K&D also winning and boosting their goal difference move above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PRICEY said:

Could anyone confirm that theres a play-off between the two conference runners up?

Only if the EOS Premier is one short - i.e. if the winners go up but no one comes down from the LL - then there will be a play-off for the final place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Could anyone confirm that theres a play-off between the two conference runners up?

 

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Only if the EOS Premier is one short - i.e. if the winners go up but no one comes down from the LL - then there will be a play-off for the final place.


this-guy-gif-4.gif

If ends-up a net loss of 1 club to LL on completion of SPFL2/HL/LL playoff (Sat 14th May) and EOSL/SOSL/WOSL playoff (Sat 28th May): then runners-up in First Division A&B (which also finish 28th) playoff over 2-legs for promotion (Tue 31st May & Fri 3rd Jun).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If ends-up a net loss of 1 club to LL on completion of SPFL2/HL/LL playoff (Sat 14th May) and EOSL/SOSL/WOSL playoff (Sat 28th May): then runners-up in First Division A&B (which also finish 28th) playoff over 2-legs for promotion (Tue 31st May & Fri 3rd Jun).

Good chance we'll know well before the end of the EOS league season if this play-off is needed, as it's basically the "no relegation from the LL" scenario - which can only happen if Elgin/Forfar get relegated by the LL champions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Have Tweedmouth ever managed four goals in an away game before? 

Thrice:

Sat 22 Oct 2016      Burntisland 1-5 Tweedmouth        (EOS League)
Sat 11 Mar 2017     Eyemouth 4-4 Tweedmouth            (EOS League)
Sat 25 Jan 2020       Craigroyston 0-4 Tweedmouth     (EOS League First Division inter-conference fixture)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturday 30th October 2021
Arniston Rangers v Ormiston
Coldstream v Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic v Thornton Hibs
Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Dalkeith Thistle
Leith Athletic v Kennoway Star Hearts (3pm)
St Andrews United v Rosyth
Tweedmouth Rangers v Dunipace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturday 30th October 2021
Arniston Rangers P-P Ormiston
Coldstream P-P Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic 2-1 Thornton Hibs
Kirkcaldy & Dysart P-P Dalkeith Thistle
Leith Athletic 3-2 Kennoway Star Hearts
St Andrews United 2-5 Rosyth
Tweedmouth Rangers 0-3 Dunipace


Dramatic afternoon as both Haddington and Leith scored late goals to win games in which they previously trailed. Defeat slips Kennoway somewhat off pace, while Dunipace bear down.

Rosyth boost their survival hopes.

2102216975_E1AJul17.JPG.98ce905365f6827188c9aad102835044.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 30th October 2021
Arniston Rangers P-P Ormiston
Coldstream P-P Craigroyston
Haddington Athletic 2-1 Thornton Hibs
Kirkcaldy & Dysart P-P Dalkeith Thistle
Leith Athletic 3-2 Kennoway Star Hearts
St Andrews United 2-5 Rosyth
Tweedmouth Rangers 0-3 Dunipace


Dramatic afternoon as both Haddington and Leith scored late goals to win games in which they previously trailed. Defeat slips Kennoway somewhat off pace, while Dunipace bear down.



Rosyth boost their survival hopes.

2102216975_E1AJul17.JPG.98ce905365f6827188c9aad102835044.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leith never trailed in their game & in fact led 2 nil before the visitors pulled it back to 2-2 with Leith snatching a late winner.  Having said that I can understand if there might have been some confusion with the scoring as shown on the EoSL website as when the late winner went in I inadvertently texted the score through to the EoSL as "2-3" rather than "3-2" which I only realised when I went to text in fulltime score a few minutes later. For which I apologised - error all mine. Combination of excitement & fat thumbs!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturday 6th November 2021
Dalkeith Thistle v Leith Athletic
Edinburgh United v Coldstream (2pm)
Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Craigroyston (2pm)
Ormiston v Arniston Rangers (2pm)
Rosyth v St Andrews United
Thornton Hibs v Haddington Athletic (2pm)
Tweedmouth Rangers v Kennoway Star Hearts (2pm)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/11/2021 at 19:28, Anychance said:

Points taken off Kirkcaldy for playing a boy who wasn’t registered against Coldstream 

That would be a 'Trialist', so must be more serious for a points deduction as playing someone not on teamsheet is apparently classed as an 'administration error'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...