The Conference A Team 2021-22

Money is back at St Andrews Utd.   Another former player with lots of local business interest is certainly involved in the background.  How much dosh gets thrown about who knows, but it will certainly be more than at other local sides.  Hope it goes well this time.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Money is back at St Andrews Utd.   Another former player with lots of local business interest is certainly involved in the background.  How much dosh gets thrown about who knows, but it will certainly be more than at other local sides.  Hope it goes well this time.

Scottish Cup / SFA money will probably help as well, assuming they are about to be licensed? @patriot1

Second Division next season will be interesting, three promotion places and presumably the top two from Conference X will be right up there again.

Positive as ever about the Saints Al.

A prominent local businessman has become our new chairman. He’s not in the background as his arrival at the club was well publicised. He’s putting his contacts to use to do some much needed work on the park and our facilities.

We’ve appointed a new manager this week. He won’t be throwing dosh around but we will have a good budget for next season.

No doubt if we are successful next season(and it’s going to be a very competitive division) you’ll be saying we’ve bought success.

11 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Scottish Cup / SFA money will probably help as well, assuming they are about to be licensed? @patriot1

Second Division next season will be interesting, three promotion places and presumably the top two from Conference X will be right up there again.

We appear to have everything in place for our licence Ginaro but I’m not getting excited until the SFA AGM on 21st June.

I would agree, the promoted teams from conference X will be among the favourites for division two. We’re still waiting to hear his many teams will be promoted. Three would make sense.

10 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

We appear to have everything in place for our licence Ginaro but I’m not getting excited until the SFA AGM on 21st June.

I would agree, the promoted teams from conference X will be among the favourites for division two. We’re still waiting to hear his many teams will be promoted. Three would make sense.

If it's three up/down from the Premier Division so surely that'll continue through the league.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Now the conferences are over is it just a straight promotion/relegation or will there be any play offs next year?

The exact numbers probably won’t be announced until the EOS AGM but it will be straight up and down.

39 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

If Darvel beats Tranent/Penicuik then there will be only one Conference X team coming up to Div 2 this summer by my maths!

Positive as ever about the Saints Al.
A prominent local businessman has become our new chairman. He’s not in the background as his arrival at the club was well publicised. He’s putting his contacts to use to do some much needed work on the park and our facilities.
We’ve appointed a new manager this week. He won’t be throwing dosh around but we will have a good budget for next season.
No doubt if we are successful next season(and it’s going to be a very competitive division) you’ll be saying we’ve bought success.
Certainly good to see Gillie back at the club as well. 
Not sure why you think I would bother about buying success.  
Escaping from the bottom of the EOS should be a given for a club of Utd's size.
Correct me if wrong but I assume you needed Coaching staff with Uefa Licenses for Licensing.

Edited by superbigal

Certainly good to see Gillie back at the club as well. 
Not sure why you think I would bother about buying success.  
Escaping from the bottom of the EOS should be a given for a club of Utd's size.
Correct me if wrong but I assume you needed Coaching staff with Uefa Licenses for Licensing.

I won’t go into specifics but as far as I know everything is in place for our licence.

As I said earlier I won’t relax until it’s officially confirmed.

15 hours ago, stulch said:

Two are coming up.

My mistake - maths never my strong point!!  Looks like it will actually be three up when Darvel beats Tranent to make First and Second Divisions of 18 teams.  With Whitburn, Bo'ness Athletic and Syngenta coming up that will be a very competitive League.    

My mistake - maths never my strong point!!  Looks like it will actually be three up when Darvel beats Tranent to make First and Second Divisions of 18 teams.  With Whitburn, Bo'ness Athletic and Syngenta coming up that will be a very competitive League.    
Would still be two is my understanding. Three if they'd been a net loss to the LL but that won't be the case now.

1 minute ago, stulch said:
6 minutes ago, Saints1921 said:

Would still be two is my understanding. Three if they'd been a net loss to the LL but that won't be the case now.

"In the event of a net gain of 1 club from the Lowland League (Vale of Leithen down, nobody up), the club finishing 14th in the Premier Division will also be relegated to the First Division; and the 8th-placed club with the better record in Conferences A & B will remain in the First Division; and the 3rd-placed club in Conference X will be among the clubs forming a new Second Division."

"In the event of a net gain of 1 club from the Lowland League (Vale of Leithen down, nobody up), the club finishing 14th in the Premier Division will also be relegated to the First Division; and the 8th-placed club with the better record in Conferences A & B will remain in the First Division; and the 3rd-placed club in Conference X will be among the clubs forming a new Second Division."
Interesting, could I ask where that is from?

27 minutes ago, stulch said:
43 minutes ago, Saints1921 said:

Interesting, could I ask where that is from?

It is part of the official document that was published last summer.  There were paragraphs under the coloured charts and this is one of them.  Had to do some digging to find the relevant part but this is kosher!   

It is part of the official document that was published last summer.  There were paragraphs under the coloured charts and this is one of them.  Had to do some digging to find the relevant part but this is kosher!   
Oh I see, I only saw the coloured chart, if its chart I'm thinking of. Thanks.

On 11/05/2022 at 14:52, Ginaro said:

St Andrews are reportedly well supported by Clayton park their main sponsor. How else are clubs supposed to finance things at this level if not through local sponsorship. And getting their act together it seems in the boardroom also. Good luck to them. 

• 2 weeks later...