Saturday 31st July 2021
Easthouses Lily 3-0 Luncarty
Edinburgh South 0-2 Burntisland Shipyard
Glenrothes 0-3 Oakley United
Kinnoull 4-2 Lochore Welfare
Newburgh 0-1 Hawick RAU
Peebles Rovers 0-3 Heriot-Watt University
Stirling University EOS 1-2 Lochgelly Albert

Cracking win for Hawick. Bad loss for Glenrothes.

264124379_E1BJul17.JPG.ce19e6533d1445b62822ce1da656a7e3.JPG

South, West, Midland and North Juniors are playing 5 or 6 straight; but the East takes a break this midweek, giving squads a couple of training sessions and general recharge of batteries.

With cup-ties dominating next weekend and the following midweek - also a good point to take stock. Luncarty leads the way but massively congested thereafter with only 4 points separating 2nd and 11th 😃. Peebles - alone without a win - are bottom, everyone else within 4pts of staying-up.

Was at the Hawick game. They fully deserved the win and if the truth was known it could have been by a couple of more goals.

I had seen they had took a couple of heavy beatings in their first couple of games but they looked well organised enough today and carried a threat up front.

I did see a tweet from Newburgh after the game that they had been hit with a number of COVID call off’s must have been late on Saturday morning and if that was the case well done to them for getting the game played.

it was decent enough game. I enjoyed it as a neutral.

20 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 31st July 2021
Newburgh 0-1 Hawick RAU

South, West, Midland and North Juniors are playing 5 or 6 straight; but the East takes a break this midweek, giving squads a couple of training sessions and general recharge of batteries.

With cup-ties dominating next weekend and the following midweek - also a good point to take stock. Luncarty leads the way but massively congested thereafter with only 4 points separating 2nd and 11th 😃. Peebles - alone without a win - are bottom, everyone else ts 

Good to see Luncarty not get a player sent off today. 😂  Good all round performance against a stuffy Easthouses team but luncarty just had to much fire power. 

Edited by Welly boy

Saturday 31st July 2021
Newburgh 0-1 Hawick RAU

With cup-ties dominating next weekend and the following midweek - also a good point to take stock. Luncarty leads the way but massively congested thereafter with only 4 points separating 2nd and 11th [emoji2]. Peebles - alone without a win - are bottom, everyone else within 4pts of staying-up.

Glens pumped at home

20 hours ago, Mr_Chablis said:

Was at the Hawick game. They fully deserved the win and if the truth was known it could have been by a couple of more goals.

I had seen they had took a couple of heavy beatings in their first couple of games but they looked well organised enough today and carried a threat up front.

I did see a tweet from Newburgh after the game that they had been hit with a number of COVID call off’s must have been late on Saturday morning and if that was the case well done to them for getting the game played.

it was decent enough game. I enjoyed it as a neutral.

A change in fortune I seen them at Burntisland on Wednesday and they never had a shot on goal. A reward for two long trips to Fife in 4 days.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

A change in fortune I seen them at Burntisland on Wednesday and they never had a shot on goal. A reward for two long trips to Fife in 4 days.

Hawick seem unpredictable. They were leading Edinburgh South previous midweek but conceded 2 late-ish goals and lost 2-1.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Hawick seem unpredictable. They were leading Edinburgh South previous midweek but conceded 2 late-ish goals and lost 2-1.

Shippy should have had more that night Ben Anthony scored 4 but could have easily doubled that.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

V1O8z.gif

Not sure what you mean? If it's my spelling of Easthouses didn't have my glasses on and if it's the word stuffy was going to put not very good but thought stuffy was kinder. so no joke here.😁

1 minute ago, Welly boy said:

Not sure what you mean? If it's my spelling of Easthouses didn't have my glasses on and if it's the word stuffy was going to put not very good but thought stuffy was kinder. so no joke here.😁

People periodically say Whitehall instead of Whitehill (even SFA did in cup draw a few seasons ago) sparking jovial repostes; but I hadn't seen Easthouses called Easterhouse for a while.

Tbh unless that Glasgow estate has gone up in the world recently they probably come out of the comparison much the better!

17 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Must admit at having seen they were on the end of two heavy defeats so far this season I was thinking this game might be a bit one-sided. However, Hawick didn’t look anything like a side that had taken a couple of real beatings. Like I said earlier they could have won have by a couple of goals if they had been able to finish.

Having said that Newburgh hit the bar twice during the first half. The first one was at 0-0 and you wonder if it might have been a different outcome had that or the other effort gone in.

Easthouses Lily 2-2 Peebles Rovers

Game of 2 halves at the Newbattle Complex in Mayfield where Easthouses played Peebles.

Hosts had more possession and most chances 1st half but took a while to land the opener. Both goals came from neat balls through the middle leading to an attacker beating the 'keeper 1-on-1. They also peppered the chainlink netting with several other good chances and should really have been out of sight.

Visitors came out more positively 2nd half and deservedly got themself back into the game with a neat turn and shot. They twice hit the woodwork - then blazed another great opportunity over. Equaliser came nevertheless from a penalty. They potentially finished disappointed not to have won.

Friday night football proved a decent if not resounding success with about 90-100 present. Heavy showers pre-game maybe put some off. They might struggle to live with the leaders, but on their 1st half performance Lily are more than capable of preserving their First Division status. On their 2nd half performance Peebles needn't stay bottom for long.

Saturday 14th August 2021
Burntisland Shipyard v Easthouses Lily
Heriot-Watt University v Glenrothes (3pm)
Lochgelly Albert v Edinburgh South
Lochore Welfare v Hawick RAU
Newburgh v Peebles Rovers
Oakley United v Preston Athletic
Stirling University EOS v Kinnoull

Bread 'n butter league action returns and there are some cracking encounters - as Oakley (2nd) host Preston (5th) and Stirling Uni EOS (4th) host Kinnoull (6th). Luncarty the leaders are the 'odd team' so those chasers or Heriot-Watt could overtake.

Saturday 14th August 2021
Burntisland Shipyard 3-0 Easthouses Lily
Heriot-Watt University 0-1 Glenrothes
Lochgelly Albert 4-2 Edinburgh South
Lochore Welfare 4-1 Hawick RAU
Newburgh 1-3 Peebles Rovers
Oakley United 0-2 Preston Athletic
Stirling University EOS 1-2 Kinnoull

818161456_E1BJul17.JPG.429170be0ceea16a078b227ea68d83da.JPG

This is shaping up to be a fantastic contest... massive table movements today... 4pts separate 1st to 9th... Preston now top after a strong win at Oakley, while Burntisland rocket upto 3rd.

Peebles secured their first victory of the season away to Newburgh.