What do managers/coaches etc get paid?

49 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

With Ayr’s season ticket sales, I would imagine Hopkins on about two and thruppence.....

You are making such a song and dance about Ayr's season ticket sales that you must be shitting yourself from them!

54 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

With Ayr’s season ticket sales, I would imagine Hopkins on about two and thruppence.....

We have sold more than last season and had a healthy budget last year , you worry about your club who are millions in debt and we will worry about our club who have showed a profit for last few seasons , I know being in the same league as Ayr must be breaking your hearts but you better get used to it , 

Edited by Finlay21

I have composed a short poem which I hope answers all questions about what managers get paid.

David Hopkin gets paid in hair-dye.

Tommy Wright gets paid in pies.

Ian McCall gets paid in trackies

Peter Grant gets paid in baccy

Gus McPherson gets paid in rollerblades

Dick Campbell gets paid in hand grenades

Billy Dodds gets paid in North Sea cod

John McGlynn gets paid in fishing rods

Alan Johnston gets paid by being called a Queen of the South

Brian Rice gets paid by being told to shut his mouth!

On 01/07/2021 at 21:52, Sortmeout said:

I was wondering what kind of wages you would all guesstimate the various managers and coaches make in this division.

I would guess that Tommy Wright is amongst the highest paid, if not the highest, but I’ve got no idea of what that wage would be. I’m only basing it on his prior reputation and obviously the fact he came in as a Premiership manager.  

I heard last week that as DoF at Falkirk Gary Holt is getting £2K a week and I was then considering what their new manager makes. I would guess maybe half of that? So with Holt, the manager and the coaching staff at Falkirk you could be looking at at least £200k a year if not more and that’s a league further down. It’s probably the piece of a clubs budget that personally I hadn’t really considered before.

They all get paid hunners

17 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

We have sold more than last season and had a healthy budget last year , you worry about your club who are millions in debt and we will worry about our club who have showed a profit for last few seasons , I know being in the same league as Ayr must be breaking your hearts but you better get used to it , 

Much as I regard him as an irritant who is trying & failing to wind up other teams fans at a point where we really should be winding our necks in., our debt has pretty much been wiped out. The only liabilities we now have are soft loans from the board  & they are in no hurry to see that repaid, but even so an English team taking a speculative punt on Gilmour jr would wipe them out.

20 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

If that’s true - and I can’t believe it is - I hope Falkirk enjoy the extinction event that’s surely coming their way.

Really not advisable for you to be piss-taking about any clubs hitting the wall, considering Morton can't even afford to pay their players. I wonder how long Morton players can expect to be paid before Gus has to start paying them himself. I hope the SFA take action once that happens again. 

That might be a good post if we were millions in debt. Billy just writes a cheque.

20 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Not as bad I’ve heard.

He gets free hair cuts, but only to a maximum of 12 per year. If he goes above 12 he has to pay back that thruppence. 

21 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Pity people can’t make a sensible contribution to these threads. I would guess Tommy Wright will be between 100-150k. There may be bonuses involved.

You can always get the banks to write it off.

3 hours ago, MS RR said:

Really not advisable for you to be piss-taking about any clubs hitting the wall, considering Morton can't even afford to pay their players. I wonder how long Morton players can expect to be paid before Gus has to start paying them himself. I hope the SFA take action once that happens again. 

Thanks for the advice.

You keep flailing away now, won’t you?

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kilmarnock fans have something interesting to look forward to now and some seem to be wanking themselves in to a frenzy already. 
they will be exhausted by the end of July

With all this high-earning management, Falkirk-level season ticket sales, and historic trophy count, we should feel honoured they've deigned to join our division.

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kilmarnock fans have something interesting to look forward to now and some seem to be wanking themselves in to a frenzy already. 
they will be exhausted by the end of July

We really don't to the 2nd part, we honestly do to the 1st part. I am honestly looking forward to this season with a sense of humility & expectation in equal doses. I have zero appetite for indulging in Falkirkesque Crowdwanking, like most of the o0's and early noughties SPL teams we overinvested & were punished for it, some individuals lost heavily as a result & some clubs suffered. We were no worse, yet, no better than the rest who were chasing rainbows at the time.

TL;DR no idea who this Rugbypark clown is but he does not speak for us all.