Bluetooth speakers

Depends what you're after really, does having a waterproof one matter to you? If not then Bose SoundLink minis are fantastic, I picked one up last year, but they RRP at £170 and only about twice a year do they drop into the ~£100 bracket. If it's an urgent need then that's probably not your best bet, mind. Ultimate Ears are also a good brand and some of the mid-range Sony ones are good pick-ups. Ultimately, I would recommend just identifying a few in your range and watching a couple of YouTube reviews for each, which will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of each in terms of sound, build and features.

12 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Depends what you're after really, does having a waterproof one matter to you? If not then Bose SoundLink minis are fantastic, I picked one up last year, but they RRP at £170 and only about twice a year do they drop into the ~£100 bracket. If it's an urgent need then that's probably not your best bet, mind. Ultimate Ears are also a good brand and some of the mid-range Sony ones are good pick-ups. Ultimately, I would recommend just identifying a few in your range and watching a couple of YouTube reviews for each, which will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of each in terms of sound, build and features.

This.  If you can find a Bose sale, any of the Soundlink range will be decent.

44 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

I'd get something from Anker, at the high end of that budget it'll be as good as something a lot more expensive.

If not, this.    Everything I have used with Anker has been decent.  

Forgot to post in here again. I got an Anker Soundcore 3 for £50. I've had it on properly for the first time today and it's a bit... rattle-y when it's turned up really loud (actually sort of loud (actually any kind of volume over the equivalent of a low murmur)), but I don't really want or need it up too high so that's not much of a problem. There's also an app to download to manage the settings (of course there is) but you can't get this for Windows, so if you have it connected to a PC you'll also need to have it connected to a phone to use that as well. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone hear have a Sonos Bluetooth speaker? I got a Sonos Roam SL speaker today but I can't fully get it setup through the app. When I try I get the message "the connection to your sonos roam sl was lost because an app permission was disabled", but it doesn't tell me what permission needs to be enabled and they all appear to be enabled anyway. After that it tells me to use another mobile device as it can't connect through the one I'm on. 

The app does initially recognise the speaker as it appears on the settings page but after that I'm getting nowhere. Any advice?