Bill Cosby freed

BBC correspondent opened the piece saying that Bill Clinton had called a Pennsylvania jail his home for the last two years.

Huw Edwards with an absolutely mortified correction statement at the end of the segment.

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

BBC correspondent opened the piece saying that Bill Clinton had called a Pennsylvania jail his home for the last two years.

Huw Edwards with an absolutely mortified correction statement at the end of the segment.

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Probably should be.

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Wasn't there around 60 or so women who made statements against him?

The joy of the American "statute of limitations" laws. Stops any historic sex abuse cases having consequences. 

It could be a consequence of “cancel culture” where a mob mentality on someone’s guilt forced a guilty verdict that is never going to hold up on appeal. 

the outlook of that is, the judge and the justice system looks the good guys for convicting him and the Lawyers look the bad guys for finding the technically.

Cosbie at the height of the me too movement along with Harvey Weinstein were the biggest names in the frame and both were always going to have a guilty conviction based on the mood and anger at the time.

For the record, I think they are both guilty and should be buried in prison. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It could be a consequence of “cancel culture” where a mob mentality on someone’s guilt forced a guilty verdict that is never going to hold up on appeal. 

the outlook of that is, the judge and the justice system looks the good guys for convicting him and the Lawyers look the bad guys for finding the technically.

Cosbie at the height of the me too movement along with Harvey Weinstein were the biggest names in the frame and both were always going to have a guilty conviction based on the mood and anger at the time.

For the record, I think they are both guilty and should be buried in prison. 

That, and the overwhelming evidence against them. 

13 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Fox News used to make a similar ‘mistake’ semi regularly. 

“The President, Saddam Hussein Obama…excuse me, Barack Hussein Obama”

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

That, and the overwhelming evidence against them. 

They need the evidence to be bulletproof, in Cosbys case, he was found guilty on one count despite over 60 women saying he had assaulted them. Some are time barred and some are “too remote” to prosecute. 

Weinstein was charged with one sexual assault and one rape despite dozens of complaints against him. He has grounds for appeal. 

Not really overwhelming. I’m sure if you asked most folk, they would think both had been charged with much more. Both are regarded as unrepentant sex offenders. 

Post me too, women are hopefully more likely to come forward at the time and are more likely to be believed so there should be no abuse of power situations where they think getting felt up by a celebrity or powerful figure will ruin their career should they come forward.