How many fucking times do we need to say, "NO!"

So... after 9 pages, has anyone come up with actual evidence that colt teams in the league(s) would improve the development of youth players, as so far all I've seen is multiple posts highlighting the evidence against such a claim.

Increase the size of the leagues? Sure, got no problem with that. Shoehorn in a couple of B team that will only benefit 2 out of the 42 clubs being asked to decide on the issue? Nah.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

So... after 9 pages, has anyone come up with actual evidence that colt teams in the league(s) would improve the development of youth players, as so far all I've seen is multiple posts highlighting the evidence against such a claim.

Increase the size of the leagues? Sure, got no problem with that. Shoehorn in a couple of B team that will only benefit 2 out of the 42 clubs being asked to decide on the issue? Nah.

Do we know yet who is actually making the proposal and what the marketed benefits are?

I don't particularly like the idea of Colt or B teams - it just seems to be very vague on who is pushing the proposal and how they are selling it.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Do we know yet who is actually making the proposal and what the marketed benefits are?

I don't particularly like the idea of Colt or B teams - it just seems to be very vague on who is pushing the proposal and how they are selling it.

I should say I've got no axe to grind with the OF fans on this, it's an action being taken by their respective clubs not them. You're right about not knowing who is pursuing this, but considering the only two teams that would supply the B teams are Rangers and Celtic it rules out those clubs having no input.

If there was evidence this would improve the game as a whole, I wouldn't necessarily be against it - although it's fair to say I really don't like the idea, but coupled with the massive advantage these clubs already have over the rest of the league it seems almost insulting to extend that advantage.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I should say I've got no axe to grind with the OF fans on this, it's an action being taken by their respective clubs not them. You're right about not knowing who is pursuing this, but considering the only two teams that would supply the B teams are Rangers and Celtic it rules out those clubs having no input.

If there was evidence this would improve the game as a whole, I wouldn't necessarily be against it - although it's fair to say I really don't like the idea, but coupled with the massive advantage these clubs already have over the rest of the league it seems almost insulting to extend that advantage.

Oh aye, I don't think there's really been any ill feeling against us as fans here, no issue with that. I don't think it's any secret that Rangers and Celtic have been pushing for Colt/B teams for a while now (which will be based on purely selfish reasons), I just find it odd that this proposal has come about so soon after the last one was mooted which makes me wonder what the driving force is.

I'm not saying it isn't Rangers and Celtic, just that the article doesn't seem to make it clear who is putting the proposal to the clubs and for what benefit. I'd probably respect Rangers more if they are pushing the idea on the basis that they'll chuck some money at clubs for their own benefit rather than hide behind the "It'll improve player development and therefore improve the national team" spiel.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well OK then but you  should still apologise

just in case Paulo Maldini reads P&B

Sorry Paolo

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

5ba69e6352426_imageproxy(12).gif.af87ccb2fa95597e782ea8373b020644.gif.46feb6c68acae1829562b9d5830c55dd.gif

Selective whataboutery. I clarified what was meant in previous response to you which you’ve opted to ignore. Bored now.

On 30/06/2021 at 14:06, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"no financial support" ? 

This clot teams thing  is a shit idea but it's hardly a hill worth dying on, especially after we've spent much of the last decade saving the club

:lol:

40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The dominance of the Glasgow clubs hasn't changed over the last century but it's always good to see the kicking and screaming from the Diddies.

Must be great, beating teams to a league title with in some cases 22 times their financial power. The SPFL is the least competitive league in Europe yet you think winning it is an achievement.

It would be like all the other premier league diddie teams winning the lowland league then boasting about it.