How many fucking times do we need to say, "NO!"

7 minutes ago, BrendanGalloway said:

Because parents are starting to take their sons elsewhere to break into the professional game. They are now seeing that chances are increased going to a Hamilton or Motherwell etc rather  than battle it out with bloated squads to even make the match day squad at Celtic for Rangers. This is a massive carrot to dangle in front of parents for their development, something other clubs wont be able to provide. If this is accepted Celtic and Rangers will go after all the best talents before they sign their first pro contract at 16/17 and promise them game time for the colts and "better" development. 

It's not just within Scotland they're trying that. It's across the rest of the UK & Ireland and I suppose the rest of the world. This makes it an easier sell moving to Scotland: European football at youth level and adult age in whatever league they're in.

48 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ANSWER ME THIS

Why is it if Celtic or Rangers or a big English side sent a youth team to play your first team in a friendly or testimonial you would not be worked up but when a big side sends a colt team in a competitive game it suddenly becomes a great sin of evil? 

It is utter nonsense to claim playing a colt team, is showing disrespect to the part time sides. 

It is a sign of respect, it is about saying we rate your part time team so highly we want our young players to develop against them. We think it would help our players. 

How is that showing disrespect? 

I'll tell you why.

Because the first priority of a youth team is not to win the game, or the competition. It's to develop players for the big team. So if it's 0-0 with half an hour to go and they want to give a sub some game time, they'll do it even if they think it materially educes their chances of winning the game.

That's absolutely fine in a friendly, but not in a competitive match. Then it becomes disrespectful.

And FWIW if Hearts had sent a team of boys to Linlithgow Rose on Saturday I would have been fairly pissed off. Of course they didn't, and they started with a guy with 28 caps for Northern Ireland. HIbs were the same when they came, John McGinn started in what would be his final pre-season in Scotland. Don't make the mistake of assuming the friendlies between big clubs and non-league sides are run-outs for the youths.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

See even if there was a tangible benefit for the National Team (there's not), I'd still say get it to f**k.

Whoever cares more about the National Team than their club team is absolutely OFTW.

Fair enough to prefer club over national side, but I don't understand the judgement there.

3 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

I have no idea if this is possible but can a motion be put forward saying that if defeated the topic cannot be discussed again for a period of time?

A generation, for example? :)

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Oh, it absolutely fucking is!

We saw the massive stooshy regarding the pyramid system during the pandemic, to now turn around and actively stop pyramid progression is just shitty and as you say, as transparent a bribe as you could get barring some dodgy bloke turning up at midnight with a suitcase full of cash.

They're not stopping progression as 4 Highland & Lowland teams will be coming in.

Aye, well I suppose it's being stopped for one season right enough.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

They're not stopping progression as 4 Highland & Lowland teams will be coming in.

Aye, well I suppose it's being stopped for one season right enough.

Depends on if you consider pyramid progression refers to teams finding their level. Which means clubs coming up and going down. If the "pyramid" started in the mid00s and those East Stirlingshire teams were allowed to hang around collecting prize money, i'm not sure people would be happy with that.

It's also been suggested that other 'B' teams can plug the holes created by the HL/LL Champions getting promoted with no SPFL sides getting relegated.

I’m completely in favour of a 48 team set up.

Invite eight new clubs in and kick out the ugly sisters.

(I apologise if someone has already posted this I have not read all 5 pages).

I watched the "Scotland's Game" documentary on BBC last month. More than one person on there (Jim McLean, Anne Budge and others) said that "the problem" was Scottish football was that there were too many teams, ands money was spread too thin.

Adding more teams isn't going to help.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I don't think I have ever read so much garbage on this site in my life.

Have you not read his previous posts?

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

4 hours ago, Ric said:

sK3oEO2.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57651255

It's effectively the same thing the clubs rejected before.

How many times does this idea need to be comprehensively rejected for the OF to finally realise nobody wants their cunting B teams.

Surely for Rangers it would be their C team competing as we have the B team in the top flight? 

1 hour ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Richey Edwards People like you are dangerous. It is people like you who hold Scottish football back. You want to kill people because they want Scottish football to succeed. I hope people read your posts to see what your side is about. 

You need help. Get it before you hurt someone. YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE. 

You are more concerned with part time teams finishing 5 places higher in League Tw0, than Scotland producing top players.  You are dangerous. 

My priorities are 

1) Scotland producing to players. [
2. Scottish clubs doing well in Europe. 

Why would they finish 5 places higher if the Celgers B teams weren't in the league?

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This was inevitable once Scotland got knocked out the Euros.

It’s the same as the Atlantic league chat after the OF get beaten by some farmers in Europe.

"fishermen", Shirley?

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Why isn’t he called Scotland-Thistle-Europe?

Because he's an Old Firm fan and they're not generally blessed with intelligence.

42 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I watched the "Scotland's Game" documentary on BBC last month. More than one person on there (Jim McLean, Anne Budge and others) said that "the problem" was Scottish football was that there were too many teams, ands money was spread too thin.

Adding more teams isn't going to help.

Only took 5 pages. Sponsors money spread more thinly.

The issue with the success of the national team is quality of coaching/new ideas/thinking linked to an unhealthy outlook in life for 15-19 year olds in this country. How many really good players at that age have failed  because they could not hack the discipline required? 

The SFA has performance schools already, do they not?  Put them in if it such a good idea - Holyrood, Braidhurst etc. How many players have they discovered, developed in recent years compared to the OF?

Hungary, Switzerland, Croatia , Sweden, Ukraine have all performed well. We have had 23 years to spot what is wrong, and still can't see it.

WE NEED B TEAMS IN THE SPFL. END OF STORY. 
They do in Croatia. Look what they have done.
Why can't Scottish people try to produce a team like Croatia have in reaching World Cup Finals. 
They also do it in the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal,, Germany, and France,
Why are those countries so patriotic that they allow it, but we are having clowns and divisive traitors telling us not to do it, because they are more concerned with their part time team ending 3 or 4 places higher in the lower divisions?.
THE PRIORITY OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SHOULD BE TO DEVELOP TOP SCOTTISH PLAYERS. 
Allowing Celtic and Rangers to have colt sides in the lower leagues will allow a huge number of young Scottish players to develop. THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO. 
Why do some clowns and traitors see it as more important for their part time team to finish 3 or 4 places higher in the league than the Scotland national team doing well. No wonder Scotland fails with this divisive tribalism and lack of patriotism. NO WONDER! 
My question is why do you care more about part time football teams that the national side? 
My priority for Scottish football is
1)  We have a strong national team., 
2) We have teams that do well in Europe,. 

This idea allows the big sides to keep playing experienced players and signing in their first team in Europe, while still developing top Scottish players, 
It is a perfect idea. 
And I bet most of these fans do not mind their part time side playing a youth team from Man Utd or Liverpool. But suddenly we do something for Scotland and they start babbling on about how unfair it is that their part time team having to play colt teams of Rangers and Celtic, 
I SUPPORT HAVING COLT TEAMS IN THE LOWER LEAGUES. 
I SUPPORT SCOTLAND. 
Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell and Dundee United should have colt teams in lower leagues also. 
It is morally wrong and the act of traitor to want Scotland to fail to produce top players. 
Sit down you fucking idiot.

3 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

WE NEED B TEAMS IN THE SPFL. END OF STORY. 

They do in Croatia. Look what they have done.

Why can't Scottish people try to produce a team like Croatia have in reaching World Cup Finals. 

They also do it in the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal,, Germany, and France,

Why are those countries so patriotic that they allow it, but we are having clowns and divisive traitors telling us not to do it, because they are more concerned with their part time team ending 3 or 4 places higher in the lower divisions?.

THE PRIORITY OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SHOULD BE TO DEVELOP TOP SCOTTISH PLAYERS. 

Allowing Celtic and Rangers to have colt sides in the lower leagues will allow a huge number of young Scottish players to develop. THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO. 

Why do some clowns and traitors see it as more important for their part time team to finish 3 or 4 places higher in the league than the Scotland national team doing well. No wonder Scotland fails with this divisive tribalism and lack of patriotism. NO WONDER! 

My question is why do you care more about part time football teams that the national side? 

My priority for Scottish football is

1)  We have a strong national team., 

2) We have teams that do well in Europe,. 

This idea allows the big sides to keep playing experienced players and signing in their first team in Europe, while still developing top Scottish players, 

It is a perfect idea. 

And I bet most of these fans do not mind their part time side playing a youth team from Man Utd or Liverpool. But suddenly we do something for Scotland and they start babbling on about how unfair it is that their part time team having to play colt teams of Rangers and Celtic, 

I SUPPORT HAVING COLT TEAMS IN THE LOWER LEAGUES. 

I SUPPORT SCOTLAND. 

Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell and Dundee United should have colt teams in lower leagues also. 

It is morally wrong and the act of traitor to want Scotland to fail to produce top players. 

Fort William fan? fucking bollocks