How many fucking times do we need to say, "NO!"

Richey Edwards People like you are dangerous. It is people like you who hold Scottish football back. You want to kill people because they want Scottish football to succeed. I hope people read your posts to see what your side is about. 

You need help. Get it before you hurt someone. YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE. 

You are more concerned with part time teams finishing 5 places higher in League Tw0, than Scotland producing top players.  You are dangerous. 

My priorities are 

1) Scotland producing to players. [
2. Scottish clubs doing well in Europe. 

Rangers and Celtic don't give two hoots about 'the national team'. This is about ensuring they -

• A) don't release youth players at 18/19 who go on to do well at other clubs in Scotland after playing first team football;
  • B)  A selling tool over other clubs (only we have a B team, Hibs/Aberdeen/Hamilton/St Mirren don't);
  • C) Addressing many parents concerns in letting kids go to Rangers/Celtic as only a small number of players make it out the youth squads

If Rangers and Celtic were serious about youth development, they would stop buying in average players from abroad and look to the expensive academies for players. I'm not sure youth teams playing in L1/L2 is going to do much. I'd rather have my players playing in real teams where the football results matter and with older players who can pass on experience on matters such as positional sense etc.

4 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Richey Edwards People like you are dangerous. It is people like you who hold Scottish football back. You want to kill people because they want Scottish football to succeed. I hope people read your posts to see what your side is about. 

You need help. Get it before you hurt someone. YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE. 

You are more concerned with part time teams finishing 5 places higher in League Tw0, than Scotland producing top players.  You are dangerous. 

My priorities are 

1) Scotland producing to players. [
2. Scottish clubs doing well in Europe. 

Shut the f**k up you moron.

Edited by Richey Edwards

ANSWER ME THIS

Why is it if Celtic or Rangers or a big English side sent a youth team to play your first team in a friendly or testimonial you would not be worked up but when a big side sends a colt team in a competitive game it suddenly becomes a great sin of evil? 

It is utter nonsense to claim playing a colt team, is showing disrespect to the part time sides. 

It is a sign of respect, it is about saying we rate your part time team so highly we want our young players to develop against them. We think it would help our players. 

How is that showing disrespect? 

I support colt sides in the lower leagues. It is about helping the national side. 

7 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ANSWER ME THIS

Why is it if Celtic or Rangers or a big English side sent a youth team to play your first team in a friendly or testimonial you would not be worked up but when a big side sends a colt team in a competitive game it suddenly becomes a great sin of evil? 

It is utter nonsense to claim playing a colt team, is showing disrespect to the part time sides. 

It is a sign of respect, it is about saying we rate your part time team so highly we want our young players to develop against them. We think it would help our players. 

I support colt sides in the lower leagues. It is about helping the national side. 

You keep banging on about Croatia but a look at their squad for the EUROs shows a total of, erm, four players who "gained experience" playing for Colt / B teams.

Dominik Livaković who played a whopping, erm, once for Dinamo Zagreb II, Josip Brekalo who racked up, um, nine appearances for the same reserve side, Joško Gvardiol who played an almight four times also for Zagreb II. Domagoj Bradarić has played 35 times for Hadjuk Split II. Four players with 49 Colt / B team appearances between them. Wow(!)

So, as can clearly be seen, Croatia's good players are down to ability, good coaching and facilities and nothing at all to do with Colt sides so you can get straight into the sea with your absolute pish on this subject :)

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ANSWER ME THIS

It seems you prefer to continue your rhetoric rather than provide some evidence to back up your previous bout of speculative correlation.

33 minutes ago, Ric said:

Aside from your obvious trolling, care to provide a single statistic that backs up this claim?

As it seems a key tenet of the plan for the OF to have B teams, I am sure there is no end of evidence to support such suggestions.

14 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ANSWER ME THIS

If you don't see the difference between a league game and friendly that has no impact on league standings and is mutually agreed by both sides, there is no hope...

I'd be more than happy for us to play Dundee or United "Colts" in a friendly. Actually, we'll play Dundee "colts" in just 2 weeks time and I will go along. I wouldn't want to play either of them in a league fixture.

Regardless of it being a stupid idea that we throw into the sea monthly, the point people make about it being for the greater good of the Scottish national team to me is shite. 

I care about Livi x10 more than I do about the Scottish NT, I genuinely couldn't care less if the Scottish squad was cracking at the expense of Livi suffering. All of these ideas are placeholders to supplement Old Firm greed.

They're raging they missed out of McGinn as they didn't want to pay 1/10th of his value now, they're raging they had to pay a few million for David Turnbull when they could've had him in one of their hoarded youth squads amongst 50 other boys that wont see the light of day beyond 3 games against Gala Fairydean Rovers, Stirling University and Caledonian Braves. 

They should use the loan system like every other club has to. Livi has done it with Jack Hamilton, a boy who needed experience to step up and take a place in the first team. Rangers/Celtic have every option to do this and they'd get the exact same experience as they 'need' in the leagues in men's football. That way there's a barrier on entry, if they're good enough they'll play.

We had to loan Jack Hamilton out to Penicuik (2017), Berwick Rangers (2018), Alloa (2019), Queen of the South (2019/20), East Fife (2020) and Arbroath (2021). He's played through every pro league in Scotland and racked up 76 appearances and 28 goals over 4 seasons. There's your player development, but the Old Firm should get a free pass to bypass having to loan players out for whatever reason? 

1 hour ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

WE NEED B TEAMS IN THE SPFL. END OF STORY. 

They do in Croatia. Look what they have done.

Why can't Scottish people try to produce a team like Croatia have in reaching World Cup Finals. 

They also do it in the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal,, Germany, and France,

Why are those countries so patriotic that they allow it, but we are having clowns and divisive traitors telling us not to do it, because they are more concerned with their part time team ending 3 or 4 places higher in the lower divisions?.

THE PRIORITY OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SHOULD BE TO DEVELOP TOP SCOTTISH PLAYERS. 

Allowing Celtic and Rangers to have colt sides in the lower leagues will allow a huge number of young Scottish players to develop. THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO. 

Why do some clowns and traitors see it as more important for their part time team to finish 3 or 4 places higher in the league than the Scotland national team doing well. No wonder Scotland fails with this divisive tribalism and lack of patriotism. NO WONDER! 

My question is why do you care more about part time football teams that the national side? 

My priority for Scottish football is

1)  We have a strong national team., 

2) We have teams that do well in Europe,. 

This idea allows the big sides to keep playing experienced players and signing in their first team in Europe, while still developing top Scottish players, 

It is a perfect idea. 

And I bet most of these fans do not mind their part time side playing a youth team from Man Utd or Liverpool. But suddenly we do something for Scotland and they start babbling on about how unfair it is that their part time team having to play colt teams of Rangers and Celtic, 

I SUPPORT HAVING COLT TEAMS IN THE LOWER LEAGUES. 

I SUPPORT SCOTLAND. 

Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell and Dundee United should have colt teams in lower leagues also. 

It is morally wrong and the act of traitor to want Scotland to fail to produce top players. 

Traitors and Divisive tribalism? You are actually Priti Patel in real life, aren’t you? 

Edited by Jambomo

14 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ANSWER ME THIS

Friendlies are friendlies, play whoever the f**k you want. Colts in leagues they don't belong, with no promotion or relegation, utterly devalues said competition. 

16 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

How about 'We rate your part time team so highly we will continue to send our promising youngsters on loan to you"? No?

15 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

It fucking isn't and you know it.

Clark

Rooney Kerr Gordon McCart Booth

McCann Bryson

Wotherspoon Kane Middleton

5 of the Scottish Cup winning XI learned the game whilst out on loan from St Johnstone. McCart had previously been on loan from Celtic, Booth was loaned out several times from Hibs to gain experience. Middleton was on loan. 

Why the f**k do we need colt teams in the league when we have a system that works well if you use it?

8 minutes ago, deej said:

Clark

Rooney Kerr Gordon McCart Booth

McCann Bryson

Wotherspoon Kane Middleton

5 of the Scottish Cup winning XI learned the game whilst out on loan from St Johnstone. McCart had previously been on loan from Celtic, Booth was loaned out several times from Hibs to gain experience. Middleton was on loan. 

Why the f**k do we need colt teams in the league when we have a system that works well if you use it?

Because parents are starting to take their sons elsewhere to break into the professional game. They are now seeing that chances are increased going to a Hamilton or Motherwell etc rather  than battle it out with bloated squads to even make the match day squad at Celtic for Rangers. This is a massive carrot to dangle in front of parents for their development, something other clubs wont be able to provide. If this is accepted Celtic and Rangers will go after all the best talents before they sign their first pro contract at 16/17 and promise them game time for the colts and "better" development. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

We need 1 other team to ask to have a colt team put in, as this would give an odd number of teams to enter into the league, plus the OF would have to win a case of why it should be them.

Get it to f**k.

I've often wondered why a club with an equally good youth side, like Accies, haven't asked to get in on this. The OF generally have successful youth sides but they're absolutely not dominant. 

2 hours ago, albagubrath said:

If the sole aim of this is to increase the opportunities for development for the best young players in Scotland, then the SFA should enter representative teams on behalf of all clubs. We could have a 'District' model for instance with an East of Scotland, West of Scotland, South and Highland team. If you don't go for district teams there could be a draft system to add a bit of excitement too.

If it really is about development, the OF can loan their players to those teams. As can everyone else.

This is a great idea. It's how Scottish rugby do it, and we punch waaaay above our weight in that sport. France has 14 regional football academies and it looks to me like they're doing alright.

It'll never happen in Scotland though, because the clubs won't give up control and because wee boys and their das would rather they were at a famous club than at an SFA academy.

See even if there was a tangible benefit for the National Team (there's not), I'd still say get it to f**k.

Whoever cares more about the National Team than their club team is absolutely OFTW.