How many fucking times do we need to say, "NO!"

No matter how cynical you become after years of watching them at work, the sense of entitlement that the OF has can still be staggering - this pish should be laughed out of town once and for all.

My main interest in this is a genuine bafflement as to why they want this so much - even theories about keeping their vast squads employed  on a Saturday or keeping a foothold in Scotland when they play in some vague "superleague" doesn't seem to warrant the amount of manoeuvring that's been going on. 

Unfortunately, the door has been opened, since the £10 whores in the Lowland league, dropped their knickers.  This won't go away now. The arsecheeks spell the scent like Dr. Hannibal Lecter. 

Something not mentioned in the piece is the threshold needed for this to pass, does it need to be unanimous or is it just a simple majority. Now, to be fair, I don't think they'd get a majority but who knows.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

They’ll be more confident because the lowland league clubs were thick as f**k and accepted it without thinking twice.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Unfortunately, the door has been opened, since the £10 whores in the Lowland league, dropped their knickers.

I see from the story that the B teams in the Lowland League are only there for a single season, I thought it was permanent rather than a trial.

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

No matter how cynical you become after years of watching them at work, the sense of entitlement that the OF has can still be staggering - this pish should be laughed out of town once and for all.

My main interest in this is a genuine bafflement as to why they want this so much - even theories about keeping their vast squads employed  on a Saturday or keeping a foothold in Scotland when they play in some vague "superleague" doesn't seem to warrant the amount of manoeuvring that's been going on. 

It’ll be so they can hoard literally every promising youngster in Scotland and don’t release them too early, a la Aaron Hickey or Andy Robertson.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’ll be so they can hoard literally every promising youngster in Scotland and don’t release them too early, a la Aaron Hickey or Andy Robertson.

Surely it's more so the big teams can piss off to a Euro League or an English League and still retain teams in the Scottish League.

Can't get promoted, then it's can't get promoted beyond League 1, then it'll be the Championship....etc, etc.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

I see from the story that the B teams in the Lowland League are only there for a single season, I thought it was permanent rather than a trial.

Yes, just a trial. :rolleyes:

Since it will be flagged as such a success, however, better they were playing at a higher level, for the good of Scottish fitba and the national team, we will proceed to League 2. For a trial.

You know what I'd love, the meeting to take place and for the clubs to say, "sure we'll agree to it with one minor change, we swap out the B teams for other Lowland/Highland ones" and watch as those proposing this shit sandwich dance on a pin trying to convince people why the B clubs must be included.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

League 2 reverting to no relegation for a few seasons is absolutely shite and just thinly veiled bribery 

Oh, it absolutely fucking is!

We saw the massive stooshy regarding the pyramid system during the pandemic, to now turn around and actively stop pyramid progression is just shitty and as you say, as transparent a bribe as you could get barring some dodgy bloke turning up at midnight with a suitcase full of cash.

7 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, just a trial. :rolleyes:

Since it will be flagged as such a success, however, better they were playing at a higher level, for the good of Scottish fitba and the national team, we will proceed to League 2. For a trial.

As I say, I thought it was permanent (or at least longer than one season). The fact it isn't and reconstruction has raised it's head (again) would lead the cynic to think that this is all one big orchestrated plan.

I think you are spot on, btw, regarding it being considered it a success - even if there was numerous issues.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

We saw the massive stooshy regarding the pyramid system during the pandemic, to now turn around and actively stop pyramid progression is just shitty and as you say, as transparent a bribe as you could get barring some dodgy bloke turning up at midnight with a suitcase full of cash.

I'm completely against this idea, but in no way does it "stop pyramid progression" - if anything there is more pyramid progression given that two clubs would be getting promoted each year for the next three, rather than the 0.5 promotion places that currently exist.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Surely it's more so the big teams can piss off to a Euro League or an English League and still retain teams in the Scottish League.

Can't get promoted, then it's can't get promoted beyond League 1, then it'll be the Championship....etc, etc.

I don’t think there’s any prospect of that actually happening any time soon though. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I'm completely against this idea, but in no way does it "stop pyramid progression" - if anything there is more pyramid progression given that two clubs would be getting promoted each year for the next three, rather than the 0.5 promotion places that currently exist.

No promotion or relegation for 3 years is, imo, stopping the pyramid progression. Sure, when leagues previously have expanded they may have stopped relegation for that season but never for 3 seasons and never stopped promotion.

Now to be fair, you'll probably know better than I regarding a lot of this, but has there ever been a case where promotion/relegation was stopped for 3 seasons?

If the sole aim of this is to increase the opportunities for development for the best young players in Scotland, then the SFA should enter representative teams on behalf of all clubs. We could have a 'District' model for instance with an East of Scotland, West of Scotland, South and Highland team. If you don't go for district teams there could be a draft system to add a bit of excitement too.

If it really is about development, the OF can loan their players to those teams. As can everyone else.