Rangers B 2021/22

edinabear

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm grand. I have no issue with Rangers and Celtic exercising self interest. Its their right to do so.

It's the collaborators I'm after 

Pffft.  It's the football I'm after - and a team with Lowry and Hogarth showed a bit of artistry tonight.

43 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Any idea why the attendances have now become a state secret?

I have it on decent authority that it was "just over 200".

I'm assuming there's a zero missing from the message I was sent though...

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I have it on decent authority that it was "just over 200".

I'm assuming there's a zero missing from the message I was sent though...

"If they play on the streets, we'll watch them from the pavements" - just over 200 people

Teams Ages 

Jay Hogarth (18)

Leon King (17)

Robbie Fraser (18)

Lewis MacKinnon (18)

Cole McKinnon (18)

Murray Miller (19)

Alex Lowry (18)

Charlie McCann (19)

Kane Ritchie-Hosler (18)

Christopher McKee (19)

Charlie Lindsay (17)

Subs

Jacob Pazikas (16)

Kelsey Ewen (16)

Jack Harkness (17)

MacKenzie Strachan (17)

Ross McCausland (18)

Arron Lyall (17)

Robbie Ure (17)

An Under 19 team who are learning on the job, Getting physically better and gaining confidence by getting big wins. 

31 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Teams Ages 

Jay Hogarth (18)

Leon King (17)

Robbie Fraser (18)

Lewis MacKinnon (18)

Cole McKinnon (18)

Murray Miller (19)

Alex Lowry (18)

Charlie McCann (19)

Kane Ritchie-Hosler (18)

Christopher McKee (19)

Charlie Lindsay (17)

Subs

Jacob Pazikas (16)

Kelsey Ewen (16)

Jack Harkness (17)

MacKenzie Strachan (17)

Ross McCausland (18)

Arron Lyall (17)

Robbie Ure (17)

An Under 19 team who are learning on the job, Getting physically better and gaining confidence by getting big wins. 

Big wins? They're pumping hobby teams for fucks sake. :lol:

The only sensible endpoint for this is a Premiership of Celtic A, B, C, D, E and F, and "Rangers" A, B, C, D, E and F.

Broadcasters and newspapers would be glistening at the tip just reading that proposal.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

15 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

@Marshmallo Why dislike the fact that an Under 19 team (And with 4-5 missing) can rip apart an established Lowland League side? 

Just because they're an established League league club, doesn't mean they're an experienced side.

https://stirlingunifc.stir.ac.uk/squad/

Average age of the Uni line up the other day might have been about a year or two older at most. They're also pro-youth cast offs that couldn't make the grade and now part-timers. Rangers B are flat track bullies basically.

The same sort of thing can be said of the great Gretna win. Tranfermarkt doesn't have all the players for Gretna 2008 but you'll notice most of them would amount to an u21 side with trialists thrown in.

Thrash someone decent then someone might notice.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

On 17/08/2021 at 23:31, The_Kincardine said:

Pffft.  It's the football I'm after - and a team with Lowry and Hogarth showed a bit of artistry tonight.

It's the football I care about, I care about the lower leagues & non-league. There is absolutely no doubt that the presence of Rangers & Celtic B massively devalues the Lowland League, regardless of the skills they have or their results. There is zero advantage to Scottish football in general in this plan. If these teams end up long-term in the pyramid it will devastate Scottish lower league football. That's why so many people (myself included) are so strongly against.

55 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's the football I care about, I care about the lower leagues & non-league. There is absolutely no doubt that the presence of Rangers & Celtic B massively devalues the Lowland League, regardless of the skills they have or their results. There is zero advantage to Scottish football in general in this plan. If these teams end up long-term in the pyramid it will devastate Scottish lower league football. That's why so many people (myself included) are so strongly against.

You can add me to that list and a side issue what is happening to the bribe money they gave to be allowed to enter asking for a friend 

On 19/08/2021 at 19:19, Slabs said:

You can add me to that list and a side issue what is happening to the bribe money they gave to be allowed to enter asking for a friend 

League pocketed it all, not a penny to the clubs duped into signing away their leagues integrity, not that it shouldnt have been obvious that was happning from the get go

League pocketed it all, not a penny to the clubs duped into signing away their leagues integrity, not that it shouldnt have been obvious that was happning from the get go
Surely not?? What did the league spend it on??

1 minute ago, Shannon said:
5 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Surely not?? What did the league spend it on??

Publicly nothing has been said on what would happen with the money specifically. The initial reaction to the money from those commenting on it was that "£50k split 16 ways isn't very much" etc.

Which led to the George Fraser and maybe some others saying that it wasn't going to be split 16 ways. It was going to be invested in the infrastructure of the LL. With mention of how the league doesn't have someone that deals in marketing as an example.

Now I don't imagine a one off fee of £50k would go very far in the marketing world, and the LL is still without a title sponsor. So no one has a clue on where the money has gone. It may well still be sitting in a bank account waiting to be spent.