Rangers B 2021/22

edinabear

23 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Crowd just shy of a thousand is a big pull. And some folk are going out there way to downplay they numbers to suit the narrative of “we hate the colts and everything about them.”

It's the blue pound that's getting downplayed. Bonnyrigg in a battle of title contenders getting around a 1,000 isn't unheard of and it's not like 4 figure crowds are being replicated elsewhere.

It's the blue pound that's getting downplayed. Bonnyrigg in a battle of title contenders getting around a 1,000 isn't unheard of and it's not like 4 figure crowds are being replicated elsewhere.

Its not the blue pound though is it. I would bet the majority of fans there would have been home fans. That if they were playing spartans or ek, wouldnt have been there. The colts aren’t bringing large crowds. But they are drawing out slightly larger home crowds when they play away.

Its not the blue pound though is it. I would bet the majority of fans there would have been home fans. That if they were playing spartans or ek, wouldnt have been there. The colts aren’t bringing large crowds. But they are drawing out slightly larger home crowds when they play away.
Whilst there were certainly Rangers fans there on Saturday there weren't that many, probably less than Berwick brought the week before.

The vast majority were home fans or neutrals, the latter being something that we are seeing more of this season.

8 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I've no idea what there would have been if there were a title contending Spartans/EK turning up last Saturday. I doubt many would have thought the 700+ would turn up for a middling Berwick side the week before.

It was a must win game for a club in the title hunt on a largely Cup weekend. Pinning it on the attraction of the kit of the opposition, which many have been, is a bit of a stretch.

I'm sure when mid table Celtic B turn up and get a lower crowd, the excuse from the same people will be that Bonnyrigg is more of a Rangers town.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm sure when mid table Celtic B turn up and get a lower crowd, the excuse from the same people will be that Bonnyrigg is more of a Rangers town.

Bonnyrigg has already played (and beaten) Celtic B at home, with a crowd limited to 250 because of the Covid restrictions at the time.

On 13/09/2021 at 19:48, johnmc80 said:

Very true. But they’re here now. So i can only try take any slight positive that is there. Cant change it now. Only hope is it is for the one season.

Even if the Colts aren't only there for one season the crowd increase will be. The Challenge Cup shows that there is no increase to part time SPFL team's attendances. It isn't often but Montrose, Stranraer, etc do get drawn against the Old Firm in the cups (or play in pre-season friendlies) so don't see the draw of a B team. For former EoS/Junior clubs there's still a novelty to the Old Firm visiting. That will probably be a one season thing. 

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

On 09/09/2021 at 08:45, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's common in Spain for a club to have absolutely no "official" ties to a big club but the big club will "loan" coaching staff, share scouting and training systems and have  a curious habit of signing a lot of players from each other. Athletic Club and Basconia are an example. I think Oriental and Benfica do the same in Portugal. I could easily see Celtic/Sevco linking up in a similar way to... St. Ants or Benburb or create a whole new club to come in at the bottom tier. "Milngavie Rangers" or "Lennoxtown Celtic" or the like.

But the "B team" route is not gonna happen.

B team's will happen on mass in the next few years. In England its beginning to turn the screw

Who shall l believe in the B Team debate

Pep or Some idiots on this forum

Its a tough one 

Unlike this post laddies 

4 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

B team's will happen on mass in the next few years. In England its beginning to turn the screw

Its a tough one 

Unlike this post laddies 

But you're one of the idiots on this forum 🤔

3 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Its a tough one 

Unlike this post laddies 

The idiots on this forum have far more knowledge of Scottish football than Pep. Scottish clubs don't want B Teams. It's a member led organisation. 

I anticipate edinabear's next post with enthusiasm.
Good effort from the boys, they'll learn from this and be far better for the experience of playing such a streetwise team. Stands them in good stead for the national team in the future!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk