Rangers B 2021/22

edinabear

On 07/09/2021 at 09:07, mrman2011 said:

Oh mate. I don't go on here much, But have fun when i do. This forum is your life and B teams are going to happen, so abuse as much as you like its getting under your skin and its wonderful 

The voting rules in the SPFL and the number of fan owned clubs means it's extremely unlikely they will get any further up the pyramid. The backlash at Lowland league as well makes it quite unlikely this will continue in that league. Even if it did, the results show the players aren't getting the experience they would need so don't see why Celtic & Rangers would be happy to stay there indefinitely. 

Celtic & Rangers have failed to get near identical proposals over the line around a dozen times in two decades, don't see why that will change. The only way B teams could be palatable to other clubs is if there is big changes in how they are presented. For example: 

- Remove the capability to sign foreign talent at short notice & rules that mean club developed homegrown players make up the vast majority of the squad. For example, 10 of every starting 11 and 16 of the 18 man squad MUST be developed at the parent club for three years before they turn 16 (Scotland eligible) 

- Limits on all squad sizes throughout youth levels to protect other clubs from further losing their best young talent to colts at short notice. Rangers had around 50 pro youths last season, I think that's went up with Colts. Far too many. 

- Rule based pathways to senior squads meaning clubs are accountable to their youth development. For example, after a five year grace period, senior clubs with colts MUST play 3-5 homegrown colt developed players in senior starting 11s. This way there is consequences if they don't develop Scottish talent. 

Celtic & Rangers have had practically zero give in Colt proposals over the years, they want all the benefits and none of the responsibilities. That needs to change otherwise, I can only see them continuing to fail to get 11 votes out of 12 at Scottish Premier level. If what they say is true about it benefiting Scotland youth development, make it rules based. 

52 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Big test for the B boys tonight. Bonnyrigg are a proper outfit and will have decent backing crowd wise. My moneys on the Rose! 

Tonight ?

You mean saturday..

It will be a hard game for sevco but the rose will win

Edited by ian44wood

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Will you be there? Do you know where the game is being played? Naw you’ll be hiding behind your keyboard trolling as usual.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

He’ll turn up at Bonnybridge more than likely.

21 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Celtic & Rangers have failed to get near identical proposals over the line around a dozen times in two decades, don't see why that will change. The only way B teams could be palatable to other clubs is if there is big changes in how they are presented. 

It's common in Spain for a club to have absolutely no "official" ties to a big club but the big club will "loan" coaching staff, share scouting and training systems and have  a curious habit of signing a lot of players from each other. Athletic Club and Basconia are an example. I think Oriental and Benfica do the same in Portugal. I could easily see Celtic/Sevco linking up in a similar way to... St. Ants or Benburb or create a whole new club to come in at the bottom tier. "Milngavie Rangers" or "Lennoxtown Celtic" or the like.

But the "B team" route is not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's common in Spain for a club to have absolutely no "official" ties to a big club but the big club will "loan" coaching staff, share scouting and training systems and have  a curious habit of signing a lot of players from each other. Athletic Club and Basconia are an example. I think Oriental and Benfica do the same in Portugal. I could easily see Celtic/Sevco linking up in a similar way to... St. Ants or Benburb or create a whole new club to come in at the bottom tier. "Milngavie Rangers" or "Lennoxtown Celtic" or the like.

But the "B team" route is not gonna happen.

That could be how it goes yeah. Would be a bit more palatable than B teams though given club rules demand they remain separate entities and I believe there are rules on the numbers of loans that can be sent between clubs. 

For me there are other more pressing issues in Scottish football on player development. For example the capability of a team to field 11 players of different nationalities other than Scottish and zero players they have personally developed through their youth academies. Sevco have done this on occasion, in fact many of their starting 11s only only have one homegrown player from the old club and that's a near 40 year old goalkeeper. For me, it is long overdue for the SPFL/ SFA to get together and introduce homegrown, club developed rules. Even if it's quite small, say three of every starting 11 must have been developed at the parent club for three years before their 18th birthday. It would soon see a big swing back to focusing on youth academies. 

16 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

A real success story for 'the league'? You are having a laugh. Not content with ruining the top level of Scottish fitba, the OF are now sucking the life out of the LL.

A crowd of almost 1000 at Bonnyrigg yesterday. That's amazing 

18 minutes ago, edinabear said:

A crowd of almost 1000 at Bonnyrigg yesterday. That's amazing 

It is.

The problem comes from people with no understanding of non-league football that fail to understand those type of crowds can be achieved by proper football clubs.

Kelty Hearts v. Bonnyrigg in 2019-20 is looking to still hold the record LL attendance of 1,510. Unless the OF bods are going to try and pack out Airdrie in the B Firm derby game.

This season saw Pollok v. Darvel get 902 in the WoS Premier.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It is.

The problem comes from people with no understanding of non-league football that fail to understand those type of crowds can be achieved by proper football clubs.

Kelty Hearts v. Bonnyrigg in 2019-20 is looking to still hold the record LL attendance of 1,510. Unless the OF bods are going to try and pack out Airdrie in the B Firm derby game.

This season saw Pollok v. Darvel get 902 in the WoS Premier.

And there were 1250 at Cumnock v Auchinleck last week.

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

It may not suit everyones agenda or viewpoint. But pulling a crowd of 1000+ at this level is good going.

942 to be exact, Hibs and Hearts playing a day later would've helped but Bonnyrigg always been a big supported footballing toon and i can easily see them getting up to that as an average with or without playing Colts teams. 

Leaving aside the debate about whether the B teams should be in the league in the first place.

I thought the Rangers B team had some very inexperienced but extremely talented young players on Saturday. 

McClelland at the back was a really good organiser and coped well with McGachie I thought, composed and kep things simple.

Hogarth had two or three decent saves in the first half as well. 

All over they are technically a very good team, with a good mix of pace thrown in throughout the side as well. Even having a penalty well saved late on against a Bonnyrigg team who never gave up but were beaten by the better team on the day. 

Edited by BukyOHare

942 to be exact, Hibs and Hearts playing a day later would've helped but Bonnyrigg always been a big supported footballing toon and i can easily see them getting up to that as an average with or without playing Colts teams. 

I agree newky. They are a very well backed team. Great for the league. The point i was making was there are loads of things to dislike about the colts being shoehorned into our league. I was just playing devils advocate. Crowd just shy of a thousand is a big pull. And some folk are going out there way to downplay they numbers to suit the narrative of “we hate the colts and everything about them.”
Im in no way a fan of the colts being in our league. As i’ve always stated right from the start. But if we are slagging them, do it for the bad things they bring. Not the good.
And the only good points ive seen is, they can help with numbers through the gates. And they both have very decent squads of young scottish players who are so far are showing the rest of us up.

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I agree newky. They are a very well backed team. Great for the league. The point i was making was there are loads of things to dislike about the colts being shoehorned into our league. I was just playing devils advocate. Crowd just shy of a thousand is a big pull. And some folk are going out there way to downplay they numbers to suit the narrative of “we hate the colts and everything about them.”
Im in no way a fan of the colts being in our league. As i’ve always stated right from the start. But if we are slagging them, do it for the bad things they bring. Not the good.
And the only good points ive seen is, they can help with numbers through the gates. And they both have very decent squads of young scottish players who are so far are showing the rest of us up.

They could bring 10000 it's still not worth selling the integrity of the league.