Rangers B 2021/22

edinabear

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I hope they have a miserable season, just like their green & white mates...

You know that you will watch it out of morbid curiosity secretly admiring the might of the Queens chosen few, and the Popes Eleven.

2 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

You know that you will watch it out of morbid curiosity secretly admiring the might of the Queens chosen few, and the Popes Eleven.

Lol, no thanks... I'd rather watch proper teams.

14 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

It seems that a side effect of hating the Old Firm is that people develop a sense of humour bypass. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I support Rangers and Celtic having colt sides in the lower leagues,ย 

This is about Scotland developing more top players.ย 

I do not understand the anger towardsย colt sides.ย 

If Celtic, Rangers or a big English sideย sent a youth team to play a part time side in Scotland in aย ย friendly no one would mind. But suddenly it happens in a competitive game and you get the nonsense of ant divisive tribalists complaining about it.ย 

ย 

My priorities in Scottish football are
1) The international side does well. And for that we need good Scottish players.ย 

2). The Scottish clubs do well in Europe. This idea will allow the big sides to develop more top players.ย 

And before some clown says that Rangers and Celtic should fill their entire first team with under 21 players, well what part time team does that?ย 

I am fed up with clowns putting their part time teams finishing 3 or 4 places higher in the league above the needs ofย the Scottish national team.ย 

I SUPPORT SCOTLAND - END OF STORY.ย ย 

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United,. Dundee, and Motherwell should also have colt teams in the SPFL and non league system.ย 

For years Hibernian had a team in the non league system.

1 minute ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ย 

ย 

You honestly think this is being done for the benefit of the national team?ย 

This is being done so the old firm can hoover up even more youth talent than they do currently. Talent of all kinds of nationalities no doubt.ย 

Of all the countries that have B teams in their setups theres very little evidence of any benefit to the countries national side from this.

11 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

If Celtic, Rangers or a big English sideย sent a youth team to play a part time side in Scotland in aย ย friendly no one would mind. But suddenly it happens in a competitive game and you get the nonsense of ant divisive tribalists complaining about it.ย 

ย 

1) The international side does well. And for that we need good Scottish players.ย 

2). The Scottish clubs do well in Europe. This idea will allow the big sides to develop more top players.ย 

And before some clown says that Rangers and Celtic should fill their entire first team with under 21 players, well what part time team does that?ย 

I am fed up with clowns putting their part time teams finishing 3 or 4 places higher in the league above the needs ofย the Scottish national team.ย 

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United,. Dundee, and Motherwell should also have colt teams in the SPFL and non league system.ย 

"My team: Fort William"

So why haven't you made a single post about Fort William yet and instead keep repeating this shite?

2 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

ย 

Yes Hibs did have a team in the non league system, and guess what, they started at the bottom tier available to them.

OF Colts should be no different.

The irony being that if they had just started at the bottom atย the beginning of this process, theyโ€™d have likely already made their way to SPFL level by now.

Bit of fairness goes a long way!ย 

Looking forward to this season. Will be interesting to see how the young lads go against senior pros. Some good friendlies lined up as well.ย 
https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/pre-season-fixtures-confirmed-for-b-team-and-under-18s/2rRz1cB4E31dj3rymcuemL
What difference does it make how they get on, you want to get promoted a league in 2022 no matter where you finish, over the top of whoever wins the league. Take your B team and shove them up your hoop.

There is already a thread for the hatefest on this subject, the guy started a a constructive thread, if you donโ€™t agree fair enough, but surely their should be room for all opinions?

22 hours ago, Rodhull said:

You honestly think this is being done for the benefit of the national team?ย 

This is being done so the old firm can hoover up even more youth talent than they do currently. Talent of all kinds of nationalities no doubt.ย 

Of all the countries that have B teams in their setups theres very little evidence of any benefit to the countries national side from this.

Ukraineย hadย 6 players in their squad last night with B team experience including Zinchenko the 1st goalscorer (Jong PSV).ย 

Yarmolenko - Kiev 2 (35apps)

Stepanenko - Metalurh 2 (16)

Sydorchuk - Metalurh 2 (17)

Malinovskiy - Shaktar 3rds (39)ย 

Makarenko - Kiev 2 (30)

and Switzerland has:

Benito - Benfica B (5);ย 

Elvedi - Zurich B (24)

Ajetti - Augsburg B (6)

Widmer - Aarau B (9)

Xhaka - Concordia Basel (feeder team)

Zuber - Hoffenheim B (3)

Sow - Zurich B (20) and Borrussia Moenchengladbach B (32)

Shaquiri - Basel B (19)

Gavranovic - Shalke 04 B (5)

Others in the last eight with B teams in their league structure include Spain, Italy, Czech Rep.ย  Out the comp are Portugal, Croatia,ย Holland and Germany.

In the Czech Rep, B teams were introduced en-masse at Tier 3 in 2019/20.

ย 

1 hour ago, Big Dougie said:

There is already a thread for the hatefest on this subject, the guy started a a constructive thread, if you donโ€™t agree fair enough, but surely their should be room for all opinions?

Clearly not ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย