Scottish Junior Cup 2021-22

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It has been known that on entering the pyramid league fixtures etc would take a priority. So it's no real surprise. To have gotten to this stage you would have thought there would have been some forethought to get it sorted.

However, you're now dealing with the SJFA, potentially two different league bodies, and opponent's that might not be willing to accomodate ties being rearranged.

I don't think anyone is blameless.

Well indeed. Bo'ness Athletic no longer being SJFA members are probably not going to want to move their Friday night games. 

Problem for the EOS is that their fixtures came out before the Junior Cup draw, and with seven SJFA members in Conference X you couldn't just have them playing each other. Plus surely the SJFA knew about the Scottish Cup dates and that the AJC would not be open to Junior Cup participants?

35 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Is it straight to penalties or does it go to a replay?

Straight to penalties https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/scottish-junior-cup/format/

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Plus surely the SJFA knew about the Scottish Cup dates and that the AJC would not be open to Junior Cup participants?

image.png.46d5cc530253e0d61ebb2d5ab5ae182f.png

They tried rearranging either one of them. So must have bumped into difficulty with the WoSFL and Saturdays being at a premium. As while it is a relatively short journey i'm not sure they would want to play the cup game midweek.

12 hours ago, andy25 said:

Is it straight to penalties or does it go to a replay?

No replays AFAIA. That was part of the deal that enabled the WoS clubs to stay in. Not 100% sure on the straight to penalties or extra time angle but probably the former. Can remember how the ref handled that being controversial at the end of a replay of a Blantyre Vics vs Bo'ness United tie a few seasons back because it should have gone straight to pens rather than extra time:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/boness-blantyre-cup-tie-incorrectly-sent-extra-time-610579

It has been raining where I am, so I did wonder about the possibility of postponements. Looks to be COVID if there's no specific reason given. Not going to be easy on the rescheduling front for the Conference X teams based on Bathgate and Armadale's recent experience.
Don't take this as gospel but I heard someone on the committee passed away suddenly and it's cancelled as a mark of respect.

15 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Yoker's game (at Coupar Angus) abandoned at half time with them winning 3-0.

A sensible solution would be to have re-arranged game switched to Yoker's ground (3G / Lights) ? Otherwise this one could end up the same way as Bathgate.

I doubt it will go the same way as Bathgate, since it involves two SJFA clubs and leagues which have an odd number. So if they are quick, Yoker could be free at the weekend if Neilston play Wishaw instead, and Coupar Angus free if Scone play Dundee Violet instead. 

3 hours ago, PastyMan said:
6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
It has been raining where I am, so I did wonder about the possibility of postponements. Looks to be COVID if there's no specific reason given. Not going to be easy on the rescheduling front for the Conference X teams based on Bathgate and Armadale's recent experience.

Don't take this as gospel but I heard someone on the committee passed away suddenly and it's cancelled as a mark of respect.

Sad news from Stoneyburn

Well, that was a good trip out to Aberdeen yesterday, despite the horrible ground of Bridge of Don Thistle. Bridge of Don were very physical, which ended up costing them. We deserved to take a 1-0 lead, then they equalised. We were getting stronger and then BoD went down to 10 just before HT with one of their players deliberately stamping on one of ours. We scored quickly after HT and never really looked in danger after that. In the end, it finished 4-1 and they finished with 9 as one of their players deliberately shot a ball at one of ours whilst already on a booking.

Went to Forfar for E Craigie v St Rochs game. Craigie's young team blew them away first half and should have been ahead by more than 2. So much so, that the left back got into a verbal altercation with a loudmouth 'supporter' at half time and had to be ushered away by a teammate. He got them back into the game in the second half with a great free kick as Craigie wilted a bit, but they scored again late on to tie things up.

Wouldn't fancy being a Candy player if that's the level of stick they get when they're losing. One Neanderthal did provide a moment of humour though when he accused the ref of being a homer. The linesman turned round to point out, "He's from Dunfermline." Neanderthal: "What's his address?"

In the cold light of day, that was a shocker of a result for Broughty yesterday. That was a team we should comfortably have taken care of. Brad Smith has been a big miss but regardless of that it's just no happening for us this season. Excellent results for East Craigie and North End.

Was up in North Fife yesterday morning so combined it with a visit to Downfield v Blantyre Vics. Plenty youngish committee men in Downfield polo shirts helping out and defying the Joonyurs stereotype of old gits in blazers.
The second half was played in a downpour and it was one of those games where every player's second touch was a tackle. Neither side seriously looked like scoring although it was an interesting enough game, but Vics nicked it with a scrappy goal 15 mins from time. Shame as I was looking forward to the penalties. Used to love when the SJC came around but games like this in front of 100 fans show the cup is in its death throes imo.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/news/posts/2021/september/national-non-league-cup/

Junior FA trying to set up a national non league cup for everyone from tier 5 down. Is this in direct competition with the SFA?
The post is saying other associations and leagues are involved in the discussions and positive about this, so I guess that includes the SFA.