Scottish Junior Cup 2021-22

Getting back to he earlier topic of two competing non-league competitions I can see the SJFA being forced out by the League being un-cooperative in terms of fixture dates. If this is the case it will become just another cup competition with little interest.

If the SJFA are running the show and it basically becomes a continuation of the Scottish Junior Cup (but re-branded) it will then retain the interest he Junior Cup has (IMO). The final will still be well attended. 

14 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Getting back to he earlier topic of two competing non-league competitions I can see the SJFA being forced out by the League being un-cooperative in terms of fixture dates. If this is the case it will become just another cup competition with little interest.

If the SJFA are running the show and it basically becomes a continuation of the Scottish Junior Cup (but re-branded) it will then retain the interest he Junior Cup has (IMO). The final will still be well attended. 

Even if the SCC and SJC continue as they are next year scheduling will get tighter. There will be another bunch of SFA members that will have the ripple effect on the calendar.

I see Cumnock are playing their 2nd Round tie on Wednesday 13th October, presumably because of their Scottish Cup replay this weekend. Fortunately it's Cumnock v. Glenafton. If it had been a club further afield i'm guessing it would have been more problematic getting a date.

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Maybe - although clubs can rearrange games with mutual agreement, it might become more difficult when you have games against clubs from other leagues, non-SJFA members who don't want to change or games which have been scheduled for a while (e.g. Bo'ness Athletic and their Friday night hospitality).

The WOS will be probably remain more cooperative than the EOS but if the SJFA wants to help the 7 EOS clubs in the Junior Cup - they might have to consider making their cup draw in June before fixtures come out, and changing the dates of the opening rounds.

However, that would create a conflict in the west where clubs in the senior and Junior cups would need to play their Junior Cup games on a different date. And the senior cup would overshadow the Junior one.

Edited by Ginaro

Except those ties involving Auchinleck and Banks O'Dee of course as they are in the Scottish Cup.

West Calder will hopefully get their EOS match v Syngenta moved, otherwise Dyce would get a another bye! :lol:

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Might be some more Friday night football in it with Rossvale & Petershill both at home.

Clydebank in the Scottish Cup might be the TV game giving Yoker the Saturday date. Otherwise they might be moving.

All the SJC ties involved are fortunately within the WoSFL.

Would love us on the telly on the friday night and i hope it is rather than the 1st round being on monday night. 

Mon the papers