The 1st Question For Ange😨.

I've no idea of the identity of the troglodyte who posed the 1st question at Postecoglou's opening presser... but Ange couldn't have had a better introduction to life in Glesca.

The inquisitor 🤪 was a fairly extreme example of just how "Celtic-minded" some todgers in prominent positions can be and Postecoglou's too intelligent not to have a pretty good idea of what he's let himself in for, but an opening question registering quite so high on the David Icke / Diane Abbott / Piers Corbyn scale must've been an eye-opener.

An Aussie sports coach arriving in Glesca is like Richard Dawkins taking over as headmaster of a madrassa in Pakistan or a Creationist school somewhere in upstate Oklahoma. 

Day #1:-

Pray, eat some garlic, fill a hip flask with holy water, some ablutions, pray, parrot some "holy" scriptures, thank The Lord for creating the earth (4,000 years ago), say grace, sacrifice a goat, chant some incantations over your food, pray, parrot some more drivel, throw stones at Satan, burn a witch, pray... then maybe do something productive for the last 5 minutes of the working day.

A response of:

"Look, cobber, hard though it might be for you and your fellow bogans, hillbillies & rubes in this inbred city of backward bigotry to believe, Scottish refs are no more prone to bias than refs elsewhere and very few of them are Orange Order or Opus Dei members. Before I'm done here, I'd like to be able to say that I dragged at least one half of Glesca fitba into the 20th century and maybe even got it to a stage where it might have a chance of entering the 21st. Sinn Fein in Belfast are looking for hardworking activists such as yourself.  Housing's pretty cheap over there. Give them a call."

Would've been like Brian Clough's "pots and pans / cheating" speech on his 1st day at Elland Road, though: utterly pointless.

I'm struggling to think of an institution in the British Isles that I loathe more than Celtic FC. Chelsea FC run them close, but I think the Bhoys edge it.

As someone who loves Australia and still regrets leaving the place, it's bloody annoying that Postecoglou's pitched up at a bunch of fire-worshipping, spear-throwing troglodytes... but I suppose it's marginally better than coaching in Arabia - especially in Qatar🙄

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
Typo

I think Angie P will be a success and should probably keep the Pacific Shelf up in the play off with the Thumb coming off the bench to score the winner in ET. 

Oh wait a minute. What do you mean he's away for Coke and a bet?! 

😂

Edited by BlueBear

Oh dear the Hoopies linked with yet another possible signing. Lost count now, but will they ever sign anyone? You'd think they had season tickets to sell. 

Are we going to see collection buckets to get a transfer kitty together at the theatre of screams? 

Sad times indeed. 

I've no idea of the identity of the troglodyte who posed the 1st question at Postecoglou's opening presser... but Ange couldn't have had a better introduction to life in Glesca.
The inquisitor [emoji2957] was a fairly extreme example of just how "Celtic-minded" some todgers in prominent positions can be and Postecoglou's too intelligent not to have a pretty good idea of what he's let himself in for, but an opening question registering quite so high on the David Icke / Diane Abbott / Piers Corbyn scale must've been an eye-opener.
An Aussie sports coach arriving in Glesca is like Richard Dawkins taking over as headmaster of a madrassa in Pakistan or a Creationist school somewhere in upstate Oklahoma. 
Day #1:-
Pray, eat some garlic, fill a hip flask with holy water, some ablutions, pray, parrot some "holy" scriptures, thank The Lord for creating the earth (4,000 years ago), say grace, sacrifice a goat, chant some incantations over your food, pray, parrot some more drivel, throw stones at Satan, burn a witch, pray... then maybe do something productive for the last 5 minutes of the working day.
A response of:
"Look, cobber, hard though it might be for you and your fellow bogans, hillbillies & rubes in this inbred city of backward bigotry to believe, Scottish refs are no more prone to bias than refs elsewhere and very few of them are Orange Order or Opus Dei members. Before I'm done here, I'd like to be able to say that I dragged at least one half of Glesca fitba into the 20th century and maybe even got it to a stage where it might have a chance of entering the 21st. Sinn Fein in Belfast are looking for hardworking activists such as yourself.  Housing's pretty cheap over there. Give them a call."
Would've been like Brian Clough's "pots and pans / cheating" speech on his 1st day at Elland Road, though: utterly pointless.
I'm struggling to think of an institution in the British Isles that I loathe more than Celtic FC. Chelsea FC run them close, but I think the Bhoys edge it.
As someone who loves Australia and still regrets leaving the place, it's bloody annoying that Postecoglou's pitched up at a bunch of fire-worshipping, spear-throwing troglodytes... but I suppose it's marginally better than coaching in Arabia - especially in Qatar[emoji849]
Think was wee frees who thought earth was created about 4,000 years ago ...they dont believe dinosaurs existed [emoji50]...rest of your post was magnificent...solid 8.7 out of 8.8 [emoji106]

The Hoopeez putting the fear up everyone and sending a message with Angies first signing. 

Can't remember his name, but is from an English top 100 club and the Hoopeez beat off all sorts of competition to sign. 

The fee was exactly zero. Is there a message in that?! 

Oh and the Thumb has signed up for another year! 

😂 😂

• 5 months later...

Taking heed of dissenting voices, I thought I'd post this lovely bit of contrasting viewpoints in here:

24th November: Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has claimed there was no scope for the SPFL to move matches to the second half of the season and insisted the Parkhead club’s players relish having a packed fixture list.

10th December: Ange Postecoglou slams schedule after Kyogo Furuhashi & Albian Ajeti injuries

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Taking heed of dissenting voices, I thought I'd post this lovely bit of contrasting viewpoints in here:

24th November: Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has claimed there was no scope for the SPFL to move matches to the second half of the season and insisted the Parkhead club’s players relish having a packed fixture list.

10th December: Ange Postecoglou slams schedule after Kyogo Furuhashi & Albian Ajeti injuries

Unless you have different quotes here is what he actually said

"We're having to play a ridiculous amount of games," Postecoglou said.

"I guess it's the way and manner which we play our football. It's very demanding on the players. 

•  

"We don't have the squad yet to cope with that. That's putting stress on us, which we've had to deal with it pretty much the whole way through.

…..So he also sights its also down to way we play and the size/quality of our squad. I dont think he’s having much of a dig tbh.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Unless you have different quotes here is what he actually said

…..So he also sights its also down to way we play and the size/quality of our squad. I dont think he’s having much of a dig tbh.

They were the headlines taken from two different articles. I just find it very contradictory given he responded to Jack Ross' comments about the fixture build up by saying they want all these fixtures, they want to be in every competition and he didn't think the SPFL could alter the schedule to now come out and brand the fixture schedule ridiculous.

22 hours ago, AJF said:

They were the headlines taken from two different articles. I just find it very contradictory given he responded to Jack Ross' comments about the fixture build up by saying they want all these fixtures, they want to be in every competition and he didn't think the SPFL could alter the schedule to now come out and brand the fixture schedule ridiculous.

It isn’t though really if you read the quotes? I also listened to the press conference yesterday on the sportsound podcast and they even joked that somebody would make a headline out of it but we all knew he wasn’t really having a dig. The fact he brings up it’s the intensity he instills as well would suggest he’s not having a dig and at anything as he would be criticising himself too.

Edited by gannonball