Clydebank FC 2021-22

38 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Meh that sort of thing can be seen through all of the divisions. Wee bit of passion. 

(I take it we're talking handbags stuff here rather than assaults).

I dont think it was that bad the ref handled it poorly if u ask me. 

Mon the papers

The Daily Record are having a field day with their recent reporting. This is the third or fourth time since the season started that they have had the opportunity to denigrate the WOSFL. 

Personally I don’t read the rag but we need to stop scoring own goals and start promoting the game at this level. Lots of great stuff going on. 

44 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

The Daily Record are having a field day with their recent reporting. This is the third or fourth time since the season started that they have had the opportunity to denigrate the WOSFL. 

Personally I don’t read the rag but we need to stop scoring own goals and start promoting the game at this level. Lots of great stuff going on. 

Totally agree there m8 some of the teams in wosl wouldnt look out of place in league 2 and there supports r better aswell. Its a scottish thing tho 2 pick out the negative stuff rather than focus on the positive like 4 goals between 2 good sides or nicky little scoring his 100th goal for the club or well done clydebank in pulling a crowd of over 450. Let the haters hate 

Mon the papers 

56 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

they seem to pick up stories from social media rather than have reporters at the games, and  clickbait shite about rammies attracts more hits than a normal match report about the game. the worst thing anyone can do is click on the links to this sort of shite as it only encourages them.

5 hours ago, Shanner said:

they seem to pick up stories from social media rather than have reporters at the games, and  clickbait shite about rammies attracts more hits than a normal match report about the game. the worst thing anyone can do is click on the links to this sort of shite as it only encourages them.

This guy was actually there however I suppose 3 red cards is an "attractive" story. But as Davy says - 4 goals, Little's 100th  goal for Bankies, dramatic finish before a decent crowd ... barely merit a mention. 

Completely different topic, but remember a couple of seasons ago when Clydebank said they were considering leaving the Juniors to join the EOSL why did that not happen? 

I just vaguely recall it being raised as a possibility but don't remember reading much else after that. 

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Completely different topic, but remember a couple of seasons ago when Clydebank said they were considering leaving the Juniors to join the EOSL why did that not happen? 

I just vaguely recall it being raised as a possibility but don't remember reading much else after that. 

It was more than just considering, they applied for the EOS at the same time as half the East Juniors moved over. They deferred their entry as they would be ground sharing due to their park being upgraded (and apparently wouldn't be able to share with a Junior club if they moved to the EOS). 

Then with the EOS going from conferences to Premier+First it became clear they would have to start from tier 7, so they stayed where they were and helped set up the WOS (when it was obvious the SJFA weren't going to be entering the pyramid).

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

It was more than just considering, they applied for the EOS at the same time as half the East Juniors moved over. They deferred their entry as they would be ground sharing due to their park being upgraded (and apparently wouldn't be able to share with a Junior club if they moved to the EOS). 

Then with the EOS going from conferences to Premier+First it became clear they would have to start from tier 7, so they stayed where they were and helped set up the WOS (when it was obvious the SJFA weren't going to be entering the pyramid).

Cheers, was idly pondering how things would have panned out if they'd went. 

Another game where we didn't really hit any heights but still did enough to comfortably see off a stuffy Blantyre for another deserved 3 points. Nicky's double was really well taken and great to see Gallacher get his goal - he works so hard for the team. 

7 wins and 3 draws is a great opening 10 games in the league - only the 28 to go. All 3 draws have been from losing positions - 2 with injury time Little goals - so there is a bit of dig and desire in the team. It'll be needed as the teams around us all seem to have the same characteristics. Talbot, Buffs, Darvel and Pollok - all teams with bigger budgets and strong squads. Saturday against Darvel will be our biggest test since the opening day point at Beechwood. For one thing Moff will have them prepared but only an improved performance will see us retain our 18 month unbeaten run - Mon the Papers.