Jump to content

Clydebank FC 2021-22


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Did we not leave this patter behind when we left junior football? I did not miss it, during my long time away from forums and football.

(I am doing well, in case you ask.)

 

 

Good news.

What brings you back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

You should have told your players.

Am sure we did but when u have teams like yourself darvel buffs n pollok paying ALOT more in wages than we do its hard 2 compete with those teams.

 

Mon the papers  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

You should have told your players.

If we had the money you guys had im sure we’d be top of the league too. The performances and cup run etc from the Bankies players this season have been exceptional for a club with such a small budget. Proud to be a bankie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we had the money you guys had im sure we’d be top of the league too. The performances and cup run etc from the Bankies players this season have been exceptional for a club with such a small budget. Proud to be a bankie. 
What money? Got some from senior Scottish cup runs , most money is generated from ourselves, no sugar daddies.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:
9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
If we had the money you guys had im sure we’d be top of the league too. The performances and cup run etc from the Bankies players this season have been exceptional for a club with such a small budget. Proud to be a bankie. 

What money? Got some from senior Scottish cup runs , most money is generated from ourselves, no sugar daddies.

Yes im sure it is. I dont understand the issue Talbot fans have with admitting they are big spenders with the wages, it doesnt make them some kind of horrible band of tyrants. Pollok, Darvel etc all spend big on wages, big deal? Wish we could, it’s not illegal, so why the issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes im sure it is. I dont understand the issue Talbot fans have with admitting they are big spenders with the wages, it doesnt make them some kind of horrible band of tyrants. Pollok, Darvel etc all spend big on wages, big deal? Wish we could, it’s not illegal, so why the issue?
I don't think we pay as much as what you might be thinking, usual rumours of wages on here will get vastly exaggerated.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Yes im sure it is. I dont understand the issue Talbot fans have with admitting they are big spenders with the wages, it doesnt make them some kind of horrible band of tyrants. Pollok, Darvel etc all spend big on wages, big deal? Wish we could, it’s not illegal, so why the issue?

I don't think we pay as much as what you might be thinking, usual rumours of wages on here will get vastly exaggerated.

I dont think any clubs pay the £2500 a week type stuff you see posted on here either, but its still more money than lots of other clubs, its not a dig, just you pay guys well, it attracts decent players, not accusing you guys of running an international money laundering syndicate or anything untoward.
 

Simply you pay more money to players than we do and you in turn have had more success, ive already said i wish we had the same financial situation so its not like anyone’s having a go, if we spent the same as Darvel, Talbot and Pollok then id expect us to be challenging for the title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think any clubs pay the £2500 a week type stuff you see posted on here either, but its still more money than lots of other clubs, its not a dig, just you pay guys well, it attracts decent players, not accusing you guys of running an international money laundering syndicate or anything untoward.
 
Simply you pay more money to players than we do and you in turn have had more success, ive already said i wish we had the same financial situation so its not like anyone’s having a go, if we spent the same as Darvel, Talbot and Pollok then id expect us to be challenging for the title. 
It's not just down to money though, most of the trophies we have won were before any senior Scottish cup runs. Yous would have been spending alot more when yous were in the senior leagues before liquidation etc?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:
12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
I dont think any clubs pay the £2500 a week type stuff you see posted on here either, but its still more money than lots of other clubs, its not a dig, just you pay guys well, it attracts decent players, not accusing you guys of running an international money laundering syndicate or anything untoward.
 
Simply you pay more money to players than we do and you in turn have had more success, ive already said i wish we had the same financial situation so its not like anyone’s having a go, if we spent the same as Darvel, Talbot and Pollok then id expect us to be challenging for the title. 

It's not just down to money though, most of the trophies we have won were before any senior Scottish cup runs. Yous would have been spending alot more when yous were in the senior leagues before liquidation etc?

Clydebank were never liquidated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
I dont think any clubs pay the £2500 a week type stuff you see posted on here either, but its still more money than lots of other clubs, its not a dig, just you pay guys well, it attracts decent players, not accusing you guys of running an international money laundering syndicate or anything untoward.
 
Simply you pay more money to players than we do and you in turn have had more success, ive already said i wish we had the same financial situation so its not like anyone’s having a go, if we spent the same as Darvel, Talbot and Pollok then id expect us to be challenging for the title. 

It's not just down to money though, most of the trophies we have won were before any senior Scottish cup runs. Yous would have been spending alot more when yous were in the senior leagues before liquidation etc?

Ok have a nice day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
I dont think any clubs pay the £2500 a week type stuff you see posted on here either, but its still more money than lots of other clubs, its not a dig, just you pay guys well, it attracts decent players, not accusing you guys of running an international money laundering syndicate or anything untoward.
 
Simply you pay more money to players than we do and you in turn have had more success, ive already said i wish we had the same financial situation so its not like anyone’s having a go, if we spent the same as Darvel, Talbot and Pollok then id expect us to be challenging for the title. 

It's not just down to money though, most of the trophies we have won were before any senior Scottish cup runs. Yous would have been spending alot more when yous were in the senior leagues before liquidation etc?

The Steedmans and spending money were never two things that went well together ! We exited Senior football in 2002 - our record transfer fee paid when we did was still the £50,000 which was very well spent on Gerry McCabe from Clyde back in 1979 ! The club made some great money in transfer fees over the years but not much of that was ever spent replacing the likes of Cooper, McDougall , Larnach , Coyne , Williamson etc 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Good news.

What brings you back?

Obliterating misinformation and bad patter tbh. The COVID-19 thread is just too much of both, so here is safe.

 

I go to games when I am able.

Edited by Sunrise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/03/2022 at 17:24, Sunrise said:

Obliterating misinformation and bad patter tbh. The COVID-19 thread is just too much of both, so here is safe.

 

I go to games when I am able.

A hero to us all. Welcome back!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/03/2022 at 12:29, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont think any clubs pay the £2500 a week type stuff you see posted on here either, but its still more money than lots of other clubs, its not a dig, just you pay guys well, it attracts decent players, not accusing you guys of running an international money laundering syndicate or anything untoward.

Or do they ??? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a side note, Is Conor Lynass still with you? Haven’t seen his name mentioned on your match day squad for a while.
Lynass ( with us) was a luxury player, he blew hot and cold 🤔 when on his game he was extremely effective, but when not in the mood, he fell out of games very quickly. He’s a talented lad there’s no doubt about, I’d still have him in the team regardless. 

Hope he’s doing ok, for one 👍I always enjoyed his time with us. 

Edited by Glens lad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Glens lad said:

On a side note, Is Conor Lynass still with you? Haven’t seen his name mentioned on your match day squad for a while.
Lynass ( with us) was a luxury player, he blew hot and cold 🤔 when on his game he was extremely effective, but when not in the mood, he fell out of games very quickly. He’s a talented lad there’s no doubt about, I’d still have him in the team regardless. 

Hope he’s doing ok, for one 👍I always enjoyed his time with us. 

Cold more than hot some times freezing tbh. Didnt look interested most of the time and when needed 2 dig in and fight he was man down. Then following week hed score a hat trick then back 2 cold lol think work is keeping him away. 

 

Mon the papers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Cold more than hot some times freezing tbh. Didnt look interested most of the time and when needed 2 dig in and fight he was man down. Then following week hed score a hat trick then back 2 cold lol think work is keeping him away. 

 

Mon the papers

Thanks for that Passbackdave👍
 

yeah, you pretty much summed him up, but a player with a lot to offer our game I feel. Just needs to work on his attitude. 
 

 👍

Edited by Glens lad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...