Clydebank FC 2021-22

49 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I don’t think it’s very fair on Meadow either to be fair.

We’ll miss out on one of the largest travelling supports in the league and not forgetting our hospitality (which has been full every Saturday) will take a big hit too.

There’s no reason this game couldn’t be played later on in the season.

So basically this is 2 suit talbot? It wasnt really a dig at the teams more the fixtureman (who i think does a decent job) but what hes doing with this is f##ked up. 2 clubs losing out plus a cup taken priority over the league which is a shambles. 

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

So basically this is 2 suit talbot? It wasnt really a dig at the teams more the fixtureman (who i think does a decent job) but what hes doing with this is f##ked up. 2 clubs losing out plus a cup taken priority over the league which is a shambles. 

Mon the papers

You'll need to explain how this suits Talbot?

4 hours ago, passbackdave said:

The whole thing is a shambles and kennie young should hold his head in shame. He has took on a difficult job (well hes making that way). Why do talbot n medda not play midweek and then we can travel 2 medda on a sat? Ill be there no matter wit day or time its at but loads of bankies cant make it and then we have a free saturday aswell. All 2 favour the ayrshire mobs. 

Because the winners of the cup tie then need to play Caley Braves in the next round (which was supposed to be on 5th March), and the quarter-finals are coming up on 2nd April. The rescheduled cup fixtures were published a couple of weeks ago, so it was clear that you wouldn't be playing Meadow on that date.

Bit unfair on Meadow to not allow them to play their postponed cup game on a Saturday which is already set aside for the next round, no?

And you've got a free Saturday because only Benburb and Kilbirnie are available and you've played them already. 

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Looks like the SCC is being given priority over the league fixtures by giving them the Saturday slot, which would be strange given the bag of washing that a 38 match league season brings.

Not really, this coming weekend is the date set aside in the fixture list for the 5th round, these are all published at the start of the season (the LL and EOS doesn't schedule any games on these dates until they know who is playing who). Postponed games are usually played on the date of the next round to avoid disruption to league games at short notice. Clubs without floodlights have to be given a Saturday slot at some point, otherwise they basically can't play a postponed game at home.

Don't forget that Talbot are playing in the Junior Cup the following Saturday, with two semis coming up if they win that.

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

We’ll miss out on one of the largest travelling supports in the league and not forgetting our hospitality (which has been full every Saturday) will take a big hit too.

You've only got two Saturdays left (in May), Kennie needs to get a champion crowned so a postponement or two or progressing in the SCC would take out those dates and push you close to the 14th May deadline.

Mon the papers
How is this to suit Talbot? You'll need to explain that one.

5 hours ago, andy25 said:
7 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

How is this to suit Talbot? You'll need to explain that one.

He can't. The fixture man is trying to get a league finished to find us a champion for the play-offs, but I suppose a Meadow v Pollok dead rubber is more important.

23 hours ago, Ginaro said:

1) Not really, this coming weekend is the date set aside in the fixture list for the 5th round, these are all published at the start of the season (the LL and EOS doesn't schedule any games on these dates until they know who is playing who). Postponed games are usually played on the date of the next round to avoid disruption to league games at short notice. 2) Clubs without floodlights have to be given a Saturday slot at some point, otherwise they basically can't play a postponed game at home.

3) Don't forget that Talbot are playing in the Junior Cup the following Saturday, with two semis coming up if they win that.

1) So yes, it is being given priority over league

2) Moot point as Meadow and Talbot both have floodlights

3) This should not have priority over league games either, at least not this season.

Edited by jimbaxters

From the current WoSFL Constitution :-

"35.  It  is  mandatory  for  all  eligible  Clubs  to  compete  in  the  Scottish  FA  Cup  and  South  Challenge  Cup  each  season as  well  as  any  cup  competition  under  the  auspices  of  the  League.

36.  Only  competitions  listed  in  rule  B35  shall  take  precedence  over  any  league  or  cup  fixture  organised  by  the League.  The  League  competition  shall  take  precedence  over  any  other  competition."

The South Challenge Cup is not run by the WoSFL, so any criticism of the WoSFL Fixture Secretary over dates of South Challenge Cup ties is misplaced.

It benefits talbot cos its only half hour up the road so not impossible for fans 2 make it midweek rather than a midweek game v us or pollok. End of the day no cup should come before league. This is why we probably dont get a full fixture list 

Mon the papers

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

It benefits talbot cos its only half hour up the road so not impossible for fans 2 make it midweek rather than a midweek game v us or pollok. End of the day no cup should come before league. This is why we probably dont get a full fixture list 

Mon the papers

There wasn't a full fixture list at the start of the season due to concerns over COVID and prioritising everyone playing each other once in case of a shortened season.

The EoS Premier will now be playing a 34 game league season, a minimum 4 games (3 for Tynecastle) in their League Cup due to a group stage, Scottish/AJC, SCC, and EoS Qualifying Cup. That's the same sort of commitment this season.  They also give priority to the likes of the SCC on selected dates.

5th March has been scheduled for the SCC since the start of the season. The Irvine Meadow game was only ever provisional. If Talbot and Meadow had managed to play the game earlier. Which is far from certain considering the weather. There's the chance that Irvine Meadow would have been playing the Caledonian Braves on Saturday anyway.

8 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

Tenuous. Anyway, it will all be fine when Clydebank get out of the WoSFL and get back to their rightful spot at the top of Scottish football.

Spoiler

Yeah Right Flirt GIF by Originals

You got a home Scottish Junior Cup match against Talbot played on a Saturday a few weeks ago when Talbot were several games behind in the league and should have had that day to play catch up with the league fixtures. So I don't think you've necessarily lost out here.

You got a home Scottish Junior Cup match against Talbot played on a Saturday a few weeks ago when Talbot were several games behind in the league and should have had that day to play catch up with the league fixtures. So I don't think you've necessarily lost out here.

Don’t know where you got that information. Our junior cup match was at Beechwood.

Regardless, fans organise shifts at their work etc around going to see their team, plenty do it, tentative ‘you might be playing but we dont know yet’ stuff isnt fair on the fans, but suppose with reduced crowds going to the games away, Clydebank don’t get hurt in the pocket. 
It would be nice next year with a bit more clarity around covid etc to have a rigid fixture list and no saturdays given up for a voluntary cup. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Regardless, fans organise shifts at their work etc around going to see their team, plenty do it, tentative ‘you might be playing but we dont know yet’ stuff isnt fair on the fans, but suppose with reduced crowds going to the games away, Clydebank don’t get hurt in the pocket. 
It would be nice next year with a bit more clarity around covid etc to have a rigid fixture list and no saturdays given up for a voluntary cup. 

That's the issue I would have. I don't see why Meadow v. Clydebank has to be pencilled in for next Wednesday depending on the outcome of Saturday's game. Unless Wednesday is a training day, it seems a bit short notice for players and fans.

35 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Not even the Scottish Cup, where league games had to be postponed because you progressed to round two and had a replay? ;)

13 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Tenuous. Anyway, it will all be fine when Clydebank get out of the WoSFL and get back to their rightful spot at the top of Scottish football.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah Right Flirt GIF by Originals

Did we not leave this patter behind when we left junior football? I did not miss it, during my long time away from forums and football.

(I am doing well, in case you ask.)