Clydebank FC 2021-22

1 hour ago, Meadowman said:

He got pelters from the bankie supporters all during the game, and at the end he gave it back to them,they didn’t like it 

I quite enjoyed his antics when Meadow played at the Vale, just an ''enthusiastic winner'' was my thoughts.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but waters had a few howlers when in goals for us and think it fair to say was not liked by some fans. Also got a slagging end of last season when we played at Irvine meadow and he made a bad mistake and gifted us a goal. 

Was the striker for meadow same player that was at Ashfield and went to pollok?

36 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Wasn't at the game yesterday but waters had a few howlers when in goals for us and think it fair to say was not liked by some fans. Also got a slagging end of last season when we played at Irvine meadow and he made a bad mistake and gifted us a goal. 

Was the striker for meadow same player that was at Ashfield and went to pollok?

Aye Callum Graham. Didn't have to work hard for his goals it must be said but was in right place and finished well

I must admit I’m not a Waters fan,but he played well yesterday,with a couple of good saves,your defence is very suspect,they like to push up and leave Darroch isolated,he’s no pace (he’s by)so it was easy for Graham to score his goals,he took them well,but he could have scored 6

On 07/08/2022 at 13:12, Meadowman said:

I must admit I’m not a Waters fan,but he played well yesterday,with a couple of good saves,your defence is very suspect,they like to push up and leave Darroch isolated,he’s no pace (he’s by)so it was easy for Graham to score his goals,he took them well,but he could have scored 6

I think it says much about our 1st half performance last week ( it was 2nd half yesterday ) that the Arthurlie team we gubbed 2nd half on opening day could beat you with 9 men. Both better start turning up in both halves or its a hellava long season. 

6 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I think it says much about our 1st half performance last week ( it was 2nd half yesterday ) that the Arthurlie team we gubbed 2nd half on opening day could beat you with 9 men. Both better start turning up in both halves or its a hellava long season. 

I reckon it's a bit of a stretch to say you gubbed Arthurlie.  Bankies deserved their win but it was hardly a gubbing and was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. The Lie had  quite a few starters missing from their lineup against Clydebank and still ran them pretty close.  So far the Bankies are the best we have played against in our 3 league games, in my opinion, and I am surprised they lost their last two games. 

4 minutes ago, Satori. said:

I reckon it's a bit of a stretch to say you gubbed Arthurlie.  Bankies deserved their win but it was hardly a gubbing and was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. The Lie had  quite a few starters missing from their lineup against Clydebank and still ran them pretty close.  So far the Bankies are the best we have played against in our 3 league games, in my opinion, and I am surprised they lost their last two games. 

Who else have use played? We have been decent in halfs and shocking in other half n our last 2 games. I dunno wits going on way the team. Very inconsistent and its started from pre season.  Just need 2 stay together n hope the gaffer and the team fix whats wrong and we go and win our next game (for starters) then take it from there something 2 build on. In moff we trust

Mon the papers 

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

You can only beat the team you have on the park and it was very comfortable in 2nd half esp. We've been dreadful in 1st half last week and 2nd half yesterday. There are no gimmees in this league this season so points on the board are absolutely vital. A winless run can see you detached and it then becomes a real struggle. 

5 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Who else have use played? We have been decent in halfs and shocking in other half n our last 2 games. I dunno wits going on way the team. Very inconsistent and its started from pre season.  Just need 2 stay together n hope the gaffer and the team fix whats wrong and we go and win our next game (for starters) then take it from there something 2 build on. In moff we trust

Mon the papers 

You are better than Medda and Glenafton.  Those are the other two we have played.  Bankies have far more good players than both in my opinion.  Obviously I haven't seen the others in the league but from what I have gathered it is a case of anyone can beat anyone else. We are still finding our feet and I think our next league game is at Darvel so not the best place to go looking to consolidate our first win.  I am pretty confident Arthurlie have enough to survive our debut season in this league .  

I understand that Bankies may have higher aspirations than survival but for us newbies it means everything. When I look at the 1st division I am so glad we are not competing there as that really is dog eat dog and will be very difficult to get out of. 

23 hours ago, Satori. said:

You are better than Medda and Glenafton.  Those are the other two we have played.  Bankies have far more good players than both in my opinion.  Obviously I haven't seen the others in the league but from what I have gathered it is a case of anyone can beat anyone else. We are still finding our feet and I think our next league game is at Darvel so not the best place to go looking to consolidate our first win.  I am pretty confident Arthurlie have enough to survive our debut season in this league .  

I understand that Bankies may have higher aspirations than survival but for us newbies it means everything. When I look at the 1st division I am so glad we are not competing there as that really is dog eat dog and will be very difficult to get out of. 

Safety is our 1st aspiration tbh. I reckon it may be around 35 point mark but there will be a lot of teams taking points off each other.  Darvel already look good after their week 1 disappointment but everyone else has or will go through poor patches

19 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Safety is our 1st aspiration tbh. I reckon it may be around 35 point mark but there will be a lot of teams taking points off each other.  Darvel already look good after their week 1 disappointment but everyone else has or will go through poor patches

Safety first.

In a 16 team league with a high possibility of only two going down.

You having a giraffe?

On 15/08/2022 at 16:46, BANKIEBILL said:

A real lack of ambition from the supporter of a club that should be looking to progress up the pyramid as fast as possible. 

20 hours ago, Lurcer said:

A real lack of ambition from the supporter of a club that should be looking to progress up the pyramid as fast as possible. 

1st aspiration - didn't say I'd be happy with 4th bottom. Getting to that 35 point mark as quickly as possible has to be initial target. Given we don't have the GDP of UAE to spend, then it's realistic. Scottish Cup run again would be fantastic 

47 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

1st aspiration - didn't say I'd be happy with 4th bottom. Getting to that 35 point mark as quickly as possible has to be initial target. Given we don't have the GDP of UAE to spend, then it's realistic. Scottish Cup run again would be fantastic 

What you do have is a cracking ground and a large support. You also have a significant population on your doorstep that you could tap into. I just think that Clydebank supporters should be setting their targets at a higher level. 

14 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

What you do have is a cracking ground and a large support. You also have a significant population on your doorstep that you could tap into. I just think that Clydebank supporters should be setting their targets at a higher level. 

Oh I'd like to be playing in SPFL and I expect that to happen before my dotage ( although some would argue that's already a bolted horse ). I'm not sure how many times I can repeat that survival is first target not the end aspiration. We've more or less kept squad from last year and added a few who'll need a bit of time to assess how much they bring. Recruitment has been very difficult this year with us not being able to compete with some budgets. We ( and indeed I ) will do our best to ensure we fulfil hopes and aspirations. 

• 2 weeks later...