Clydebank FC 2021-22

12 hours ago, Steven W said:

Took in the game today and enjoyed the match. Despite the final score, up until the first goal (which had a hint of offside about it) I thought it was fairly even. Dalkeith seemed to fall to pieces thereafter, although credit is due to Clydebank who played very well. 

I hope you guys managed to enjoy the occasion at least and thanks for sharing it with us. The Lovat owner said you had a great time. All the very best for the season. 

Needed to stay local today so went along to Rutherglen and thought it was a decent enough game.

Bankies were clearly the better footballing side but RG made it difficult with their physicality and could easily have been leading at HT if that one off the bar had been 2 inches lower. It was a very good response from Clydebank to losing the goal. It was one of those games where you know an equaliser will lead to a winner. 

on the downside I can't say I'm that enamored with the pies at Rutherglen. 

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Needed to stay local today so went along to Rutherglen and thought it was a decent enough game.

Bankies were clearly the better footballing side but RG made it difficult with their physicality and could easily have been leading at HT if that one off the bar had been 2 inches lower. It was a very good response from Clydebank to losing the goal. It was one of those games where you know an equaliser will lead to a winner. 

on the downside I can't say I'm that enamored with the pies at Rutherglen. 

Thought Glens did well to their game plan and my wee group could see a home goal coming a mile off as our good play was going nowhere - partly due to overplaying but largely down to Glencairn closing down really well and looking dangerous on the break. Poor goal from our perspective but the boy took it well. Subs made a big difference to us. Blackie, Bilbo and particularly Mulcahy brought some much needed tempo change up. As you say once the equaliser went in the winner was almost inevitable. A really hard fought and well-earned win and pretty chuffed. My Rutherglen pals will be gutted as it nearly came off for them and you can see why a few fancied teams have struggled there. 

12 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Thought Glens did well to their game plan and my wee group could see a home goal coming a mile off as our good play was going nowhere - partly due to overplaying but largely down to Glencairn closing down really well and looking dangerous on the break. Poor goal from our perspective but the boy took it well. Subs made a big difference to us. Blackie, Bilbo and particularly Mulcahy brought some much needed tempo change up. As you say once the equaliser went in the winner was almost inevitable. A really hard fought and well-earned win and pretty chuffed. My Rutherglen pals will be gutted as it nearly came off for them and you can see why a few fancied teams have struggled there. 

it's a daft sounding cliche but they maybe scored too early as it added the urgency Bankies were probably needing and half an hour was too long for them to defend so close to their own goal.  

Very good crowd from yourselves as well, fantastic to see well attended games. was weird hearing the home team come out to zero claps or applause but they got a decent cheer for the goal. 

Edited by Shanner

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

it's a daft sounding cliche but they maybe scored too early as it added the urgency Bankies were probably needing and half an hour was too long for them to defend so close to their own goal.  

Very good crowd from yourselves as well, fantastic to see well attended games. was weird hearing the home team come out to zero claps or applause but they got a decent cheer for the goal. 

Aye there's a wee buzz about the place just now. Obvs the Scottish Cup is helping to raise the profile