Love Island 2021

On 10/07/2021 at 10:37, Adam said:

People chucked this then?

Chloe is genuinely one of the most unlike able people ever to be in the villa for me, just cannot stand her. That fucking voice anaw.

Aye I’ve sacked it. The Euros disrupted it and then due to the lack of interesting islanders I could never get back into it. I reckon this could be one of the last seasons.

Wife is still watching it, so I’m in and out, but they just all seem so fucking boring. No one seems to care about anyone in it, and that goes for both the contestants and the public, so there’s just no intrigue or interest.

With its popularity it was only ever going to go one of two ways: full batshit mental like Big Brother did after its first couple and attract lunatics, or - how it’s going - get people on that just want the Instagram deals from fashion labels and are so self aware that it neuters the entire programme.

Will go for another couple of years I imagine, but the peak has been and gone sadly.

20 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Wife is still watching it, so I’m in and out, but they just all seem so fucking boring. No one seems to care about anyone in it, and that goes for both the contestants and the public, so there’s just no intrigue or interest.

With its popularity it was only ever going to go one of two ways: full batshit mental like Big Brother did after its first couple and attract lunatics, or - how it’s going - get people on that just want the Instagram deals from fashion labels and are so self aware that it neuters the entire programme.

Will go for another couple of years I imagine, but the peak has been and gone sadly.

The series has been on the decline since series 3 which is the last one before they started properly limiting the amount of bevvy they get at night. I think it works out as like 2 glasses of wine a night they're allowed. Early Big Brother was an absolute carry on. 72 cans of cider, a couple of bottle of vodka, chickpeas and rice was the usual shopping list. 

Nobody is interested in it being Love Island. It's just a whole load of folk trying to get a career as an influencer.

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head there. It’s cringeworthy watching people big themselves up as slags or man whores and then spend a week tiptoeing around the opposite sex awkwardly chatting them up.

Danny looks like he should be desperately trying to punt "2 drinks 2 shots 5 euros" in Kavos/Magaluf/Malia.

This was posted about a quarter of the way through last night's so I'd like to upgrade this to say the man is a possessive nutcase and needs launched out of the villa like he's Team Rocket immediately. 

team rocket GIF

Edited by well fan for life

I am very much dipping in and out of this, mostly out, but I fully expect Lucinda to be romantically linked to at least three Premier League footballers (excluding Aaron Connolly) within a month of arriving back in the UK.

15 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I am very much dipping in and out of this, mostly out, but I fully expect Lucinda to be romantically linked to at least three Premier League footballers (excluding Aaron Connolly) within a month of arriving back in the UK.

Realllly? 

Realllly? 

Don’t know if it’s an act or whatever but she comes across dense as f**k, personality of a cardboard box.

Still comfortably the fittest girl in the villa though.

Hugo got a case of fanny fright with AJ potentially. Wonder what he’s looking for.

If Millie & Liam make it through Casa Amor they're nailed on for the £50k.

Lucinda's voice is like nails down a blackboard for me now. Absolutely zero patter outside of her saying "DYOUFANCAAYYMAAYYYEEEEEE?!OMGDOYOUREEAAAALLLLLLLAAAYYYY?!" to every guy that talks to her. 

11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

If Millie & Liam make it through Casa Amor they're nailed on for the £50k.

Lucinda's voice is like nails down a blackboard for me now. Absolutely zero patter outside of her saying "DYOUFANCAAYYMAAYYYEEEEEE?!OMGDOYOUREEAAAALLLLLLLAAAYYYY?!" to every guy that talks to her. 

Quite like Liam, was quiet as f**k when he was with Faye but Millie has got him out his shell. His impression of Lucinda was fantastic. 

@Adam I used to like Hugo, but he is doing my tits in now. As you say he has no idea what he is after.

46 minutes ago, Adam said:

Don’t know if it’s an act or whatever but she comes across dense as f**k, personality of a cardboard box.

Still comfortably the fittest girl in the villa though.

Hugo got a case of fanny fright with AJ potentially. Wonder what he’s looking for.

Prefer Millie and just Liberty’s tits personally.

I prefer Millie and Kaz to Lucinda, maybe I'm just getting old but Lucinda looks and acts like a teenager imo. 

The new girl that came in is pretty dead, you can tell she isn't in to Hugo, I don't think any couple actually like each other other than Millie and Adam, I reckon Liberty pure loves the short feet fella but he'd drop her on the outside pretty sharpish. 

Also this