Scots on the move

Sorry if stating another fact annoys you, but top flight clubs can't loan players, and certainly not international loans, after the window is shut.

The above is all true, but irrelevant since the Belgian window is still open (thanks @LiviLion).

Edited by craigkillie

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Cheers. Apologies to the original poste. Presumably it is still open for permanent deals too then, so either could still happen.

Aye, the post above still suggested it's too late for a transfer but a loan can still be done - which wouldn't be the case.

Just felt too good to ignore with the "Sorry if stating another fact annoys you" :P

[emoji1] ach aye it's a wee bit of a niche fact. 
For a'body else, Cremona was the home of the two greatest luthiers in history, Guarneri and Stradivari. Stradivarius and Guarnerius violins sell for millions. I think Nicola Benedetti plays a Stradivarius, but has it on loan from someone as there's no way she could afford to possess one. So aye, Cremona is famous for violins. 

Cheers. I was vaguely aware that Cremona was the spiritual home of the violin, but didn't know those details.

Let's just hope that Hendry has a good spell there, and doesn't get sent off for...
...violin conduct
[emoji595]

13 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Zander Clark off to Hearts. Unless Gordon gets injured/has a ridiculous drop in form then he's not gonna be in any squads this season. He'll want to be playing during the mad scramble when Gordon chucks it though.

I found that a little surprising, should be interesting to see what happens there with Zander and Craig. I think he'll get a share of games, I don't think he'll just be sitting on the bench for the season.

• 4 months later...

Porteous to Watford confirmed. I have no idea how he's going to get on, so it's gonna be interesting. 

Nisbet's move to Millwall has broken down, though, which might be good from a Scotland pov as he's actually hitting form for the first time in ages (although he turned to shit the last time he didn't get a move iirc) but could turn out to be bad on a personal level given his streakiness could mean he'll need to wait a while for another big offer.

Pure speculation but Josh Doig isn't in the Verona squad this evening for their Serie A match with Udinese and with Copenhagen, Bologna, Inter Milan, Stade Reims and Nice linked I wouldn't be surprised to see him move before the transfer window closes.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/french-clubs-join-race-to-sign-josh-doig-2zcg3hgl5

Ryan Fraser absolutely has to move or will play no part in Scotland games until next season. Totally unwanted at Newcastle. Hull City seems likely just now - not exactly a great move but at least he should be playing football. 

Of the rest of the first team they’re probably just as well where they are  

I’d like to see guys like Calvin Ramsay, Ben Doak and Elliot Anderson playing first-team football via loan deals but seems unlikely just now. Ashby to Newcastle confirmed as well, he’ll probably be 24 or 25 before he makes ten professional starts.