Scots on the move

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Interesting move. Still needs to go some to start at a big club imo, so if he's still wanting to play every week then proving himself in England would put him in a good place while still really young. Rico Henry's a good left-back and I don't think they have a right-back so...

He's not going to displace Rico. However Brentford have needed a RWB/RB for the past year, Mads Roerslev isn't really trusted there and Sergi Canos is defensively suspect. 

Will be nice to have a Scottish player at Brentford. 

On 29/06/2022 at 19:18, Marshmallo said:

One goal against FC Energie Braunbruucken in the Pokal and the usual suspects in this section of The Forum will be in raptures.

Scored 2 on his ‘debut’ in a friendly tonight against karlsruhr SC who are in the 2 Bundesliga apparently.

On 02/07/2022 at 21:43, Grant228 said:

He's not going to displace Rico. However Brentford have needed a RWB/RB for the past year, Mads Roerslev isn't really trusted there and Sergi Canos is defensively suspect. 

Will be nice to have a Scottish player at Brentford. 

They’re paying nearly £20m, a record for them.

They aren’t paying that unless they see him as their first choice left back

They must also think they can make a profit sometime in the future 

40 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

They’re paying nearly £20m, a record for them.

They aren’t paying that unless they see him as their first choice left back

They must also think they can make a profit sometime in the future 

He quite simply won't be the first choice left back, Rico Henry is, and will continue to be unless he gets sold. 

They've been in the market for a right back for the past year since Daalsgard went to Midjtyland. (spelling might well be off with that! ) Ajer filled in well towards the end of the season when Frank went back to a 433, however I'd imagine Hickey will now be first choice there. 

There's literally no chance he displaces Henry though, when fit and available he's one of the guaranteed starters in the team (along with Raya, Norgaard and Toney) 

Brentford don't often get big money signings wrong, I'd imagine they've seen enough to think he can perform on the right. Amongst the Brentford fans I know they were intiallity excited about the signing, however the Ukraine game has understandably dampaned that a tad. 

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He quite simply won't be the first choice left back, Rico Henry is, and will continue to be unless he gets sold. 

They've been in the market for a right back for the past year since Daalsgard went to Midjtyland. (spelling might well be off with that! ) Ajer filled in well towards the end of the season when Frank went back to a 433, however I'd imagine Hickey will now be first choice there. 

There's literally no chance he displaces Henry though, when fit and available he's one of the guaranteed starters in the team (along with Raya, Norgaard and Toney) 

Brentford don't often get big money signings wrong, I'd imagine they've seen enough to think he can perform on the right. Amongst the Brentford fans I know they were intiallity excited about the signing, however the Ukraine game has understandably dampaned that a tad. 

Personally I think its likely the plan might be to sell Henry and play him on the left. As to who would be the better player i think its certainly debateable, both have had good seasons in top leagues.

I hope your right tho and he does play on the right, that would be great for us.

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Personally I think its likely the plan might be to sell Henry and play him on the left. As to who would be the better player i think its certainly debateable, both have had good seasons in top leagues.

I hope your right tho and he does play on the right, that would be great for us.

It might well, and could happen but I've not heard any rumours regarding Henry being sold yet, I think at best we'll get another year out of him before a top half team comes in. 

I have no idea who's better out of Hickey and Henry, due to seing so little of Hickey. But if he does turn out to be as good as Henry I'll be delighted. 

Guest Livi1

Both seem like good moves at the right time for Doig and Ferguson. 
Don’t know much about Verona but I’ve watched Bologna a few times because of Hickey and they’ve got some good central midfielders. There are some good players there for Ferguson to learn from.

Would like to see Stephen Welsh's move to Udinese resurrected too. Big fan of young Scottish players going abroad.

On that note very disappointed Dylan Reid seems like he's going to Rangers or Celtic, was being linked with Benfica before.

Fraser Hornby started a few games for Reims towards the end of last season interested to see how he gets on this year.