Scots on the move

Pre-injury he was one of the most exciting young Scottish players I've seen. One of those youngsters who you could immediately tell had something, even though it was against a rotten Dumbarton.

I always wonder what it does for a player's development going from playing pretty much every week to barely playing at all, but it does actually seem like he might actually be going there as backup (albeit with Gomez also an option).

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Oli Burke is heading back to the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen for some reason.

One goal against FC Energie Braunbruucken in the Pokal and the usual suspects in this section of The Forum will be in raptures.

16 hours ago, gannonball said:

He must have some agent. But as shite as he may be if he develops in to a more central role I don’t think he can be ignored given the utter dogshit behind Dykes and Adams who aren’t exactly world beaters either.

You could say the same about me if I somehow develop into a competent Bundesliga CF

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

Karamoke Dembele moves to France with Ligue 1 club - Stade Brestois 

An interesting move. Complete speculation, but I'd guess the chance of him declaring for the Ivory Coast is probably higher in France due to a) the number of ex-pat African players he will encounter being much higher and b) the level of media scrutiny on his choice that he is exposed to being much lower. If he is good enough to establish himself as a Ligue 1 standard attacker he is good enough for Scotland.

He's still only 19 and is still exceptionally talented so there is a fair possibility he does successfully break though.

Interesting move. Still needs to go some to start at a big club imo, so if he's still wanting to play every week then proving himself in England would put him in a good place while still really young. Rico Henry's a good left-back and I don't think they have a right-back so...

I believe Hickey has been very thoughtful in choosing his moves throughout his career. Word is Celtic wanted to keep him but he saw Hearts as a better path to 1st team football and again when choosing Bologna over Bayern where he would likely be languishing in their youth/B team he choose the path to get him game time. 

I think another year in Italy where he appears to be a 1st choice would do no harm at all but maybe he believes he gets in the starting 11 at Brentford. If he does he is probably going to a slightly higher level in terms of league and he's managed his career well so far if so good luck to him if he moves this year.

4 hours ago, ahemps said:

I believe Hickey has been very thoughtful in choosing his moves throughout his career. Word is Celtic wanted to keep him but he saw Hearts as a better path to 1st team football and again when choosing Bologna over Bayern where he would likely be languishing in their youth/B team he choose the path to get him game time. 

I think another year in Italy where he appears to be a 1st choice would do no harm at all but maybe he believes he gets in the starting 11 at Brentford. If he does he is probably going to a slightly higher level in terms of league and he's managed his career well so far if so good luck to him if he moves this year.

Good post totally agree