Scots on the move

• 3 weeks later...

Leeds and Crystal Palace are both in for Conor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. 21 year old England u-21 midfielder who is eligible for both ourselves and RoI through family. He's had previous loans at Charlton, Swansea and WBA.

Can't say I've seen much of him but if he's going to be a started for Leeds or Palace then it's worth us asking the question you'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Leeds and Crystal Palace are both in for Conor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. 21 year old England u-21 midfielder who is eligible for both ourselves and RoI through family. He's had previous loans at Charlton, Swansea and WBA.

Can't say I've seen much of him but if he's going to be a started for Leeds or Palace then it's worth us asking the question you'd imagine.

Apparently played 30 league games for WBA last season.  Had never heard of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Doig's been left out of Hibs' squad today because he's on the way out. It's gonna be some laugh if he does well in England and Hickey gets more game time in Serie A and we're left with four LBs balling in top leagues.

Scots On The Move - or not. David Marshall now third choice at Derby. Anyone else find it truly mind boggling that Celtic paid £1m for Joe Hart when they probably could have got Marshall for nothing given the transfer situation at Derby?

Shankland to Beerschot seems a bit of a sideways move.  Hope it goes well for him, things never seemed to catch fire for him at Dundee United under Micky Mellon. I do think he could reach a higher level given a few more seasons if that's what he wants.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A honking move for Shankland if we're honest. 

Think it's a club on the up to an extent and you'd assume he's going to make more money than he would at United while likely a first choice starter (?). Doesn't really get the juices flowing though eh.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Think it's a club on the up to an extent and you'd assume he's going to make more money than he would at United while likely a first choice starter (?). Doesn't really get the juices flowing though eh.

I suppose if Beerschot are targeting a challenge for European places in future it makes a bit of sense, but a quick glance at the league sees them sitting rock bottom with 1 point after 3 games. Is there more money on offer at Beerschot than Dundee United? 

He needed to get out of United to whoever would take him. His chances of the Euros were fucked over by Mellon's negative tactics last season, where he was basically left with nobody within 30 yards of him, and it looks like it might be more of the same this year under Courts. It's a sideways step at worst.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

A honking move for Shankland if we're honest. 

Not really, he was going nowhere at Tannadice and needed out. If he has a good season he’ll be back in the picture.

His honking move was staying in the Championship when he left Ayr. It’s essentially set him back two years.

Do the big boys in Germany not tend to scout players in the Belgian leagues? Maybe get a move to a 5th-10th placed Bundesliga team if he does well. I'm actually surprised not one of the "bigger clubs" in Belgian nipped in ahead of Beerschot to snatch him. Even a team like Oostende, who seem to be doing bits recently. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a tough journey but I finally feel confident posting that Ryan Christie is ON THE MOVE - to Bournemouth. Apparently turned down Burnley to play more and in a system that suited him.

It would've been nice to see him in the PL under a manager who'd, imo, really help in getting rid of his bad stuff.