Time to go Steve Clarke

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Heres the thing, you actually would. This isn't up for debate, its an undisputed fact.

What your actually giving is an opinion on the thoughts of someone you don't know, have never met. Which is worth absolutely nothing.

So why wasn't he on the short list last time even if we actually had one?Well we did we got McInnes and Mackay Clarke on it when O Neil knocked us back no Bielsa so either he got asked laughed us out off town or as I suspect wasn't asked because even the suits know he wouldn't work for £400 000 a year

Just now, General dissaray said:

So why wasn't he on the short list last time even if we actually had one?Well we did we got McInnes and Mackay Clarke on it when O Neil knocked us back no Bielsa so either he got asked laughed us out off town or as I suspect wasn't asked because even the suits know he wouldn't work for £400 000 a year

Your asking me why someone I dont know wasn't on shortlist compiled by people I dont know?

Unfortunately I dont have your ability to read the minds of people to even begin to answer.

Heres the facts tho.

I think its worth asking Bielsa to see if he would be interested.

Your opinion is he wouldn't.

where were getting mixed up is your convinced your opinion is a fact.

Your asking me why someone I dont know wasn't on shortlist compiled by people I dont know?

Unfortunately I dont have your ability to read the minds of people to even begin to answer.

Heres the facts tho.

I think its worth asking Bielsa to see if he would be interested.

Your opinion is he wouldn't.

where were getting mixed up is your convinced your opinion is a fact.

I am postive its fact,cos the same people that leaked who got interviewed would dam sure dropped any foreign managers name into it,fact they didn't kind off tells you all you need to know

But hey you'll know better

Scottish football is mocked at by most foreign coaches and they aren't interested in it

Going back to this, can you name just 13 of the foreign coaches who you have heard mock scottish football?

Should be easy saying as its most of them and were talking about thousands.

I am postive its fact,cos the same people that leaked who got interviewed would dam sure dropped any foreign managers name into it,fact they didn't kind off tells you all you need to know

But hey you'll know better

See again mate, going back to this. Your opinion of how somebody might think about something can not be a fact. Do you not understand? Its impossible

And the fact or not fact, about whether he's been interviewed or not previously is irrelevant

Edited by BingMcCrosby

19 hours ago, Orbix said:

I disagree. Firstly that Clarke bloods in and plays youth. I’d also argue that the nature of the starts he does give are mainly reactionary. Greg Taylor gets his first start because he’s left footed and Andy Robertson pulls up last minute against Belgium, and given the familiarity, Clarke trusts him. Gilmour to fend off complaints about a shite display against the Czech Republic, and the only real example of Clarke continuing that on. 

.Does Hickey’s first start being in a playoff semifinal point to a sensible or well thought out process? Is three u20’s over the 35 games Clarke has been in charge good enough? 14 u23’s, some of whom were inherited from McLeish?

As a current example. Ramsay is being touted for a move to Liverpool after a great season with Aberdeen, but isn’t included in squads to acclimatise, isn’t going to get capped, and is nowhere near a start.  It’s not just Clarke, Turnbull is a good example from when he was at Motherwell.. It has got worse under Clarke though, and when he talks about ‘freshening it up’ with 25 and 26 year olds it’s worrying for the cycle continuing on.

I mentioned Wales because I’d properly compared him to them, and it’s not great; as a reminder, Ethan Ampadu is 21 and has 35  caps.

RQF1vcw.jpg

I did up to Armenia. Gary Speed because he’s widely touted as starting the great Welsh revival. Ryan Giggs and Malky Mackay are both c***s. 

That’s 86% of Clarke’s starting XI being 24 or older across his tenure. 51 starting places for youth.

Comparing to other sides is one thing - Ampadu, for all his caps is a very average player. Is it not worth comparing Clarke to his predecessors?

The side Clarke inherited was almost completely past it. 

Strachan’s last game was October 2017. Of the 14 that played against Slovenia, only Gordon, Tierney, and Robertson are still playing.

Hanley was an unused sub, and McGregor was yet to be capped. McGinn only had a couple of appearances.

I have no idea why 24 is your starting point, as if that’s in any way old. What would Strachan, or Levein’s average ages be? Even with younger goalkeepers I’d be mightily surprised if they weren’t significantly older than the current team.

Right now, only Cooper, and Armstrong are 30, adding to Jack and McLean not currently in the squad. All only just into their thirties. Between them, how many caps do they account for in the last couple of years?

Clarke is as forward-looking a manager as we’ve had. He might be short on a number of fronts, but debutising teenagers and guys in their early 20s is something he should be applauded for.

The point, in case it isn’t really obvious, is that if you fired Clarke today or even in five years, the next manager would have a strong squad to use. That’s never been the case before.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

Going back to this, can you name just 13 of the foreign coaches who you have heard mock scottish football?

Should be easy saying as its most of them and were talking about thousands.

Ukraine boss said we have just one good player the Serbia boss also ran our name down expected to win so there is two recent examples 

Weird number to hit out with by the way,so if foreign coaches aren't laughing at us why most them getting badges in Germany and not Largs anymore?

Ukraine boss said we have just one good player the Serbia boss also ran our name down expected to win so there is two recent examples 

Weird number to hit out with by the way,so if foreign coaches aren't laughing at us why most them getting badges in Germany and not Largs anymore?

11 more to go, thousands to choose from

11 more to go, thousands to choose from

Im not playing your silly game your in cloud cooko land if you actually think any top foreign coach would touch that Scotland job or that foreign coaches managers believe our games good also why you don't see Italian German Spanish managers coming here off any note cos they aren't interested in crap money on offer here either 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We wouldn't be able to afford a half decent coach therefore we get mince, and the players don't like bad mince.
Only way we get someone half decent is that if the wage is privately subsidised.

And that isn't going to happen who is gonna fund that Westminster 😀😀

Im not playing your silly game your in cloud cooko land if you actually think any top foreign coach would touch that Scotland job or that foreign coaches managers believe our games good also why you don't see Italian German Spanish managers coming here off any note cos they aren't interested in crap money on offer here either 

So you say "Scottish football is mocked at by most foreign coaches" But could only name 2 🤣

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I'm not sure that's quite correct.  Managers don't simply look for money - I think you'd be surprised to know how much they are paid outwith the English Premier League and the leading European clubs.  A certain type of manager is attracted by national jobs - it's only France, England, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium etc that really have the money and attraction to A+ managers and compete with clubs.  Even then, they are almost all the same nationality as their country.

Willy Sagnol is the manager of Georgia; Hiddink has been the manager of S.Korea, Turkey, Russia, and the Netherlands.  There are numerous others with impressive CVs and either low salaries, or operating out of fairly unattractive countries.

Naw you misunderstood that I can't be arsed with your absolute drivel,enjoy your giro day

Or got called out for talking absolute shite and couldn't back anything up? Then went in a huff?

Or perhaps you think there's only 3 foreign coaches and 2 is the majority? That wouldn't surprise me

2 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I'm not sure that's quite correct.  Managers don't simply look for money - I think you'd be surprised to know how much they are paid outwith the English Premier League and the leading European clubs.  A certain type of manager is attracted by national jobs - it's only France, England, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium etc that really have the money and attraction to A+ managers and compete with clubs.  Even then, they are almost all the same nationality as their country.

Willy Sagnol is the manager of Georgia; Hiddink has been the manager of S.Korea, Turkey, Russia, and the Netherlands.  There are numerous others with impressive CVs and either low salaries, or operating out of fairly unattractive countries.

Scotland is a poision chalice ask Clarke two bad results the knives are out for him,what would the pull be for any manager with a reputation off taking us on?Damned if he does dammed if he don't,does okay possibly get a move to lower end EPL team but if he doesn't totally ruins what he started and good reputation he has carved out for himself over the years

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Or got called out for talking absolute shite and couldn't back anything up? Then went in a huff?

Or perhaps you think there's only 3 foreign coaches and 2 is the majority? That wouldn't surprise me

I aren't in a huff and im not talking shite either I'm not the one that thinks Bielsa would be interested in Scotland keep on dreaming your crazy dreams though but it is never going to happen next Scotland boss will probably be McInnes if he does anything with Killie gets them 3rd or a European place and that is only cos SAF backs him

6 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Scotland is a poision chalice ask Clarke two bad results the knives are out for him,what would the pull be for any manager with a reputation off taking us on?Damned if he does dammed if he don't,does okay possibly get a move to lower end EPL team but if he doesn't totally ruins what he started and good reputation he has carved out for himself over the years

That's slightly dramatic.  Fans are fickle, and they aren't unique in Scotland.  Every country's fans thinks it has the worst referees, the most inept coaches, and players who don't care.  Southgate has achieved more than any England manager - ever, and listening to 909 on Saturday night sounded like we'd swapped places.

Clarke's issue isn't results, it's performances.  They have been appalling, and a complete lack of a plan B, or adequate preparation is what is hurting.  The pretty fair criticism to come his way from the media has actually been -ironically enough - pretty fair.  It's only the fans on forums like this and Reddit where people can't see past the end of their nose.

Further than that, the SFA will be doing absolutely nothing right now.  Fans seem to have incredibly short memories.  As bad as we were against Russia and Belgium, there was zero reason for any optimism then.  Even those fans that think we should be qualifying for every tournament aren't there right now, not matter how loudly they rattle their keyboards in this thread.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

7 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

That's slightly dramatic.  Fans are fickle, and they aren't unique in Scotland.  Every country's fans thinks it has the worst referees, the most inept coaches, and players who don't care.  Southgate has achieved more than any England manager - ever, and listening to 909 on Saturday night sounded like we'd swapped places.

Clarke's issue isn't results, it's performances.  They have been appalling, and a complete lack of a plan B, or adequate preparation is what is hurting.  The pretty fair criticism to come his way from the media has actually been -ironically enough - pretty fair.  It's only the fans on forums like this and Reddit where people can't see past the end of their nose.

Further than that, the SFA will be doing absolutely nothing right now.  Fans seem to have incredibly short memories.  As bad as we were against Russia and Belgium, there was zero reason for any optimism then.  Even those fans that think we should be qualifying for every tournament aren't there.

It isn't slightly dramatic its true,also agree we'll keep him he has signed a new deal

But if we don't beat Armenia he might walk better bigger managers have done that before

Its about winning win ugly take that all day saw us getting beat and turn in a good performance but its all about winning getting three points

Right now we aren't getting the result or the performance dread us playing in the heat tomorrow to that will be another excuse in by some early as to why we lost

Hopefully they give us the ball back easy when we press them,maybe Campbell and Ferguson should do that though nice and fresh

Edited by General dissaray