Time to go Steve Clarke

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Try being me, over the last 74 pages I've been called allsorts. Ar**hole, c**t, mental (numerous times) I've been told i need my head examined (I declined this advice)

And my heinous crime?

Having a different opinion on football 🤣

Over all this time I've not got involved in the name calling (well once, called one a coward but it was well due)

I think people get carried away at times and forget there is a real person typing at the other end. And a person who supports the same team.

Yup. Fanny and dud are also accusations have received. All because I think differently about the way forward

23 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

You utter b@st@rd...that's an outrageous comment...!!!

I know.

I can't believe I didn't get a lengthy P and B ban for such offensive content.

We're really needing the big tech companies to start taking responsibility for hosting material of that nature.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey, I'm winning this.

At the end of the Denmark game, I got called a retard, a p***k and a c**t within ten minutes.  I also got -15 and -22 for successive posts.  Those dishing out the abuse were showered in dozens of greenies.

My crime?          I'd suggested that Adams' overall performance had been frustrating, but he took his goal brilliantly.

Your winning nothing 🤣

-15 and -22, go to post one of the thread!

I do actually remember the abuse you got at the time, and it was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey, I'm winning this.

At the end of the Denmark game, I got called a retard, a p***k and a c**t within ten minutes.  I also got -15 and -22 for successive posts.  Those dishing out the abuse were showered in dozens of greenies.

My crime?          I'd suggested that Adams' overall performance had been frustrating, but he took his goal brilliantly.

Adams was fantastic against Denmark, so it was a dreadful point deserving of numerous red dots. Not so much the abuse, of course. 

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey, I'm winning this.

It took me about 5 years...

Just now, dirty dingus said:

One out of left field, Kjetil Knutsen who's performed miracles with Bodo/Glimt. Just seen Blackburn have approached him a few days ago to replace Mowbery.

I dont know his cv tbh, but at this point id want someone who has done well at international level.

But any outside the box thinking is welcome. Can you expand on what hes done with them?

Bing you're really getting into this now with relish. Steve Clarke hasn't been fired. Would've thought you'd learned your lesson last time when you started this thread and had to climb down. 

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey, I'm winning this.

He was immense against Denmark, all game 

And a complete non entity yesterday 

A good article about Knutsen and the Bodo/Glimt turnaround. Seen them gub Celtic twice and hammer Roma and they play "kamikaze" football which would be great as Clarke's cautious approach has been found wanting. 

https://football-tribe.com/asia/2021/10/23/how-bodo-glimt-went-from-mediocrity-to-one-of-europes-most-exciting-teams/

Is this the thread to post in if you’ve tried to understand how Wales can qualify for tournaments but Scotland can’t, and think there’s something in Clarke being too afraid to properly blood in youth? 

20 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Is this the thread to post in if you’ve tried to understand how Wales can qualify for tournaments but Scotland can’t, and think there’s something in Clarke being too afraid to properly blood in youth? 

Given that Gilmour was given his first start as a 19 year old against England in a major finals, Patterson was played in spite of having only a handful of first team appearances for his club and Hickey has a couple of caps at the age of 19 then I don't think that being unwilling to blood youth is something you can level at Clarke.

Wales have a superstar. Anyone saying that doesn't make a difference fails to understand the effect that this has on morale and, crucially, the effect it has on motivation. Knowing you have a player who can turn on a bit of magic gives players extra belief that their efforts will result in something. I know people will say "but professionals shouldn't need extra motivation" but they're human and subject to the same psychology as the rest of us. They're going to have more confidence when their talisman is playing well. 

I know Clarke said yesterday that the Ireland result was down to "something else" and I'm fairly sure he was protecting his players when he said that. I'm fairly sure he knows what he thinks happened, but wants to keep that between him and the players. He's not daft and folk need to stop taking what managers say post match at face value. People have spoken about an attitude of believing their own hype, and Robbo spoke to a psychological frailty in the team. If it's the latter Clarke will know. He's a massively experienced coach and assistant, so he'll be aware of that. If it's the former he'll know that too, but it would be unwise of him to speak to either of those factors as it would transfer extra pressure on the team. I have reasonable confidence that he'll address the problem with the players.

Not defending Clarke here but Wales are also jammy as f**k. They get an easy semi against a team Scotland took four points from, and the goalkeeper doesn't bother moving his arms in the vague direction of the ball when Bale takes a free kick.

Wales get to rest all their better players before the final, while Ukraine had to play a full strength team against Scotland. Yarmolenko hits a perfect finish against Scotland, then does the same in Cardiff. For Wales. Ukraine had plenty of chances but it wouldn't go in, and they had a clear penalty turned down. Wales also had the advantage of a home draw. When we made a final we had to go to Serbia.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just now, velo army said:

Given that Gilmour was given his first start as a 19 year old against England in a major finals, Patterson was played in spite of having only a handful of first team appearances for his club and Hickey has a couple of caps at the age of 19 then I don't think that being unwilling to blood youth is something you can level at Clarke.

Wales have a superstar. Anyone saying that doesn't make a difference fails to understand the effect that this has on morale and, crucially, the effect it has on motivation. Knowing you have a player who can turn on a bit of magic gives players extra belief that their efforts will result in something. I know people will say "but professionals shouldn't need extra motivation" but they're human and subject to the same psychology as the rest of us. They're going to have more confidence when their talisman is playing well. 

I know Clarke said yesterday that the Ireland result was down to "something else" and I'm fairly sure he was protecting his players when he said that. I'm fairly sure he knows what he thinks happened, but wants to keep that between him and the players. He's not daft and folk need to stop taking what managers say post match at face value. People have spoken about an attitude of believing their own hype, and Robbo spoke to a psychological frailty in the team. If it's the latter Clarke will know. He's a massively experienced coach and assistant, so he'll be aware of that. If it's the former he'll know that too, but it would be unwise of him to speak to either of those factors as it would transfer extra pressure on the team. I have reasonable confidence that he'll address the problem with the players.

Yeah I dont think him being afraid to try youth is something you could beat him with either. He's given every exceptional young player a chance eventually.

I just think he's more scared to take teams on at football.

46 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yeah I dont think him being afraid to try youth is something you could beat him with either. He's given every exceptional young player a chance eventually.

I just think he's more scared to take teams on at football.

I wonder what he's actually like in the dressing room. He does seem like a charismatic guy, not in the Strachan mould, but certainly strikes me as having a quiet gravitas about him. He's also known as a good man manager, but I wonder if his team talks need to perhaps have a bit more fear about them. I remember when we won the 1st division under Lambie so many of our goals were scored just before half time or before the final whistle, as players were fucking terrified of going in to the dressing room to get a dressing down. I'm not advocating hairdryer treatment, but I want him to put a rocket under them so that we at least start games with some kind of intensity.