Time to go Steve Clarke

If we're going with pie in the sky options we'd be as well going for Bielsa, never happening but it'd be some laugh. In a realistic sense, there aren't any obvious names mentioned that fill you with any sort of optimism. We'll have to go foreign, and even then narrowing down to the managers who would are available, and who would actually want the job doesn't leave you with too much. 

Edited by Fratelli

I was one who said we had the best group in 30 years. It's maybe a stretch as Colin Hendry and Davie Weir would walk into this team. I'm certainly revising this opinion now given the utterly gutless performances recently.

The mention of Joachim Low earlier had me salivating. I don't care if we had to go for a third party to pay his salary like Eire did with Trapp. I'd bite your hand off for him. I have no doubt he would have many things to say about Scot fucking Gemmil and the 21s, given he was Germany's U21 boss before he took over the reins at Die Manschaft.

Make it so Maxi.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's what happens on the TA threads.

I've been called worse stuff on here than anywhere else on the whole site.  It's a bit weird, given that we're all kinda on the same team, but it's definitely the case.

Try being me, over the last 74 pages I've been called allsorts. Ar**hole, c**t, mental (numerous times) I've been told i need my head examined (I declined this advice)

And my heinous crime?

Having a different opinion on football 🤣

Over all this time I've not got involved in the name calling (well once, called one a coward but it was well due)

I think people get carried away at times and forget there is a real person typing at the other end. And a person who supports the same team.

58 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, precisely this.

If Bertie means we daren't ever go foreign again, then the evidence that we should never again appoint a Scot, must be mountainous.

I remember doing a list after we failed to get O Neil and got Clarke there were a good half dozen out work managers with track records not one showed any interest in the job all foreign remember the moneys crap £400 000 a year its crap compared to club jobs or bigger nations

Edited by General dissaray

Just now, Fratelli said:

If we're going with pie in the sky options we'd be as well going for Bielsa, never happening but it'd be some laugh. In a realistic sense, there aren't any obvious names mentioned that fill you with any sort of optimism. We'll have to go foreign, and even then narrowing down to the managers who would are available, and who would actually want the job doesn't leave you with too much. 

I dont think Bielsa is ridiculously unrealistic, its possible.

Slaven Bilic is certainly more plausible tho, and would be exciting!

I'd love to see Bielsa, the mad b*****d. The tiring effect his club teams eventually suffer from wouldnt be a an issue at National level, and there are lots of people in our squad who I think would thrive under that sort of playing style.

Young, hungry guys who already like a high intensity style of play, McGinn, McGregor, Christie, Adams, Robertson, KT would slot right in, and the good it would do boys like Patterson, Hickey etc being involved with him. Really would be an ideal appointment for the players we have IMO.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd love to see Bielsa, the mad b*****d. The tiring effect his club teams eventually suffer from wouldnt be a an issue at National level, and there are lots of people in our squad who I think would thrive under that sort of playing style.

Young, hungry guys who already like a high intensity style of play, McGinn, McGregor, Christie, Adams, Robertson, KT would slot right in, and the good it would do boys like Patterson, Hickey etc being involved with him. Really would be an ideal appointment for the players we have IMO.

£400 000 a year he isn't going to be interested in that when he can get top club jobs in top 5 leagues around world on three or four times that wages

24 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I remember doing a list after we failed to get Clarke there were a good half dozen out work managers with track records not one showed any interest in the job all foreign remember the moneys crap £400 000 a year its crap compared to club jobs or bigger nations

At that time we were looking for managers who could organise players with championship level abilities to avoid pumpings against technically superior opponents. Now you can make argument to candidates that we need someone who can manage/motivate players who play at mid to top end EPL level. Would still need to seriously increase the salary tho

1 minute ago, immcinto said:

At that time we were looking for managers who could organise players with championship level abilities to avoid pumpings against technically superior opponents. Now you can make argument to candidates that we need someone who can manage/motivate players who play at mid to top end EPL level. Would still need to seriously increase the salary tho

Exactly Clarke main draw is he is based in England someone based in England would be perfect but not exactly sure who that would be and not even sure if Clarke will get sacked he would be more likely just to walk if this is the level off support he is getting total lack off respect from people on here

Also sick off Rangers fans giving him it tight,as if most off them actually care about Scotland most off the ones I know don't there embarrassing man

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Exactly Clarke main draw is he is based in England someone based in England would be perfect but not exactly sure who that would be and not even sure if Clarke will get sacked he would be more likely just to walk if this is the level off support he is getting total lack off respect from people on here

Also sick off Rangers fans giving him it tight,as if most off them actually care about Scotland most off the ones I know don't there embarrassing man

You don't think Clarke should piss of then?

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You don't think Clarke should piss of then?

I don't unless there is a candidate waiting with experience in getting teams to finals knocking doon the door for the job

And currently there isn't anybody out there we know off who would be interested 

Also was a liberty McLeish was given it again it shoukd went to Clarke from the start

If he goes its another appointment like that is what I would expect and lets face it who would it be Strachan again maybe?

Cos there isn't a lot off aleady the ship people out there anymore

Edited by General dissaray

5 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I don't unless there is a candidate waiting with experience in getting teams to finals knocking doon the door for the job

And currently there isn't anybody out there we know off who would be interested 

Also was a liberty McLeish was given it again it shoukd went to Clarke from the start

If he goes its another appointment like that is what I would expect and lets face it who would it be Strachan again maybe?

Cos there isn't a lot off sready the ship people out there anymore

Be prepared to pay the salary Ireland paid Trapattoni then see who is interested.

48 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Try being me, over the last 74 pages I've been called allsorts. Ar**hole, c**t, mental (numerous times) I've been told i need my head examined (I declined this advice)

And my heinous crime?

Having a different opinion on football 🤣

Over all this time I've not got involved in the name calling (well once, called one a coward but it was well due)

I think people get carried away at times and forget there is a real person typing at the other end. And a person who supports the same team.

Hey, I'm winning this.

At the end of the Denmark game, I got called a retard, a p***k and a c**t within ten minutes.  I also got -15 and -22 for successive posts.  Those dishing out the abuse were showered in dozens of greenies.

My crime?          I'd suggested that Adams' overall performance had been frustrating, but he took his goal brilliantly.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey, I'm winning this.

At the end of the Denmark game, I got called a retard, a p***k and a c**t within ten minutes.  I also got -15 and -22 for successive posts.  Those dishing out the abuse were showered in dozens of greenies.

My crime?          I'd suggested that Adams' overall performance had been frustrating, but he took his goal brilliantly.

Adams does my head in as well he needs to cut across his marker more move towards the ball he has pace over six yards to absolutely destroy most center halfs,was actually a good thing he tried against Ireland took a great touch spung around he take a shot looked a classy bit off skill off the cuff but was a fraction out in pulling it off

I think he is a good player though would love him to get more support wide but we play to narrow and don't use wingers so he kind off flits wide instead staying central where we want him to be to get goals