Jump to content

Time to go Steve Clarke


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
7 hours ago, Estragon said:
You weren't "right the whole time" you illiterate c**t. There was a yawning chasm in the middle of your weird crusade where you were demonstrably wrong. 

You are right in what you say, but why descend to cheap, sweary ad hominem? Makes you look pretty weak when your argument is quite strong.

In fairness gordo his argument is not quite strong at all. He's angry precisely because I was correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

But just for you personally (random person I've never spoken to) ram it right up you. I was right you were wrong ha ha ha

 

On 16/11/2021 at 12:30, BingMcCrosby said:

But fast forward to now, would I now change the manager. No, hes doing an excellent job. Im genuinely confident for the playoffs and further.

You're just being knee jerk. It's been a bad camp so far - give all the "I was right, I was right" crap a rest.  I

Edited by 2426255
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I said people like you, and racist against people with a background like myself 

It’s tiresome and tedious having to defend my Scottishness.

Its not just a joke really, it never is with people like yourself 

Were you crying when you wrote this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Why do you think calling someone an "alcoholic tramp" is acceptable?

Edinabear is basically a bit of a c**t and because Clarke has said bad things about the bigotry problem in Scotland he hates him. After some promise Clarke has went backwards, his stubbornness to play 3 at the back and shoehorn players who have been pish for a good while shows this. Our results have been generally OK in his tenure but it's papered over cracks, the Faroes battered us 0-1 and Ukraine and a keech ROI humped us. The good results were a 0-0 with England in retrospect not that good as we got biffed in the biggie against Croatia and an impressive 2-0 against a qualified Danes. He seems to have the don't lose goals instead of let's score goals approach which basically leaves our attacking midfielders playing as defenders. I quite like Clarke as a man but we are going to get worse as things go forward so I'm in the bin him camp now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

 

 


Plenty of the Clarke In-ers will change their mind when they realise we only scored "two headers" against Armenia.

 

haha, some people - imagine having the knives out that long, they'd be all rusty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

What was wrong about Steve Clarke's training, selection and tactics? I didn't realise you were a football tactics expert - I had just thought you were a fan saying things with hindsight. My mistake.

Definitely a troll 

You are the 1 poster unequivocally sure that tactically,  selection wise or in any other way Clarke is untouchable and uncriticisable. Id love to know what great knowledge you have to back that up?

So far it seems to be that the players didn't do what he said!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sacrificing a man in midfield to play a back three works well when Tierney is available because he covers so much ground that he’s effectively a centre back, left back and defensive midfielder all rolled into one. Cooper, McKenna and any other options just don’t have the range to play that position.

 

Back three needs to be employed if and only if Robertson and Tierney are both available. If not then we should move to a 4-3-3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely a troll 

You are the 1 poster unequivocally sure that tactically,  selection wise or in any other way Clarke is untouchable and uncriticisable. Id love to know what great knowledge you have to back that up?

So far it seems to be that the players didn't do what he said!

Everyone is just stabbing in the dark looking for reasons why the players performed so poorly. Clearly the players didn't perform., we could all see that. Why did they perform so poorly? well none of the folk on this forum are going to know, are they?

Edited by 2426255
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The BBC are reporting that Steve Clarke has left the Scotland camp and flown home.

Would be a strange one to bin him during the international break 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Everyone is just stabbing in the dark looking for reasons why the players performed so poorly. Clearly the players didn't perform., we could all see that. Why did they perform so poorly? well none of the folk on this forum are going to know, are they?

Yet you are 100% certain Clarke is the only one whose untouchable

Fair enough. You are fixed on that and ignore any attempt to justify YOUR opinion its anybody except Clarkes fault

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

 

 


Plenty of the Clarke In-ers will change their mind when they realise we only scored "two headers" against Armenia.

 

I'm sceptical of Clarke, but the thick football fan's need to recategorise every single good result and performance as lucky or not that impressive is irritating.

A "battling defensive draw" in which we created a few chances of our own against a much better team on their own patch is somehow a bad thing. Israel were the better team at Hampden despite not getting out of their own half for 45 minutes and benefitting from several missed chances, including a penalty. Trying to rip the shirt off someone's back with two hands is somehow a "questionable penalty" and our keeper made a couple of saves, but the several chances we created of our own in that game don't warrant a mention.

He's a fanny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I'm sceptical of Clarke, but the thick football fan's need to recategorise every single good result and performance as lucky or not that impressive is irritating.

A "battling defensive draw" in which we created a few chances of our own against a much better team on their own patch is somehow a bad thing. Israel were the better team at Hampden despite not getting out of their own half for 45 minutes and benefitting from several missed chances, including a penalty. Trying to rip the shirt off someone's back with two hands is somehow a "questionable penalty" and our keeper made a couple of saves, but the several chances we created of our own in that game don't warrant a mention.

He's a fanny.

Also the Czech game “two going on five” was nothing of the sort. We outplayed them for 90 minutes and they just won because we wasted our chances whereas they took theirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I'm sceptical of Clarke, but the thick football fan's need to recategorise every single good result and performance as lucky or not that impressive is irritating.

A "battling defensive draw" in which we created a few chances of our own against a much better team on their own patch is somehow a bad thing. Israel were the better team at Hampden despite not getting out of their own half for 45 minutes and benefitting from several missed chances, including a penalty. Trying to rip the shirt off someone's back with two hands is somehow a "questionable penalty" and our keeper made a couple of saves, but the several chances we created of our own in that game don't warrant a mention.

He's a fanny.

Yep.  Up till the Ukraine game our results and performance level had been mainly very good for a while.

This has been a woeful 2 weeks but going back trying to claim comfortable wins were lucky is the mark of a cretin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Donathan said:
Also the Czech game “two going on five” was nothing of the sort. We outplayed them for 90 minutes and they just won because we wasted our chances whereas they took theirs.

No we didn't outplay them, thats delusional talk

Look at the expected goals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...