Time to go Steve Clarke

A complete list of competitive Hampden defeats by more than one goal since the turn of the century:

0-2 v Belgium in 2013 (Strachan)

0-4 v Belgium in 2019 (Clarke)

0-2 v Czech Republic in 2021 (Clarke)

1-3 v Croatia in 2021 (Clarke)

1-3 v Ukraine in 2022 (Clarke)

Pathetic capitulations at home against anyone half-decent has become the norm under Clarke, something not even Vogts, Burley and Levein managed. The very good performance and result against a weakened Denmark was the exception.

Aside from that, the positives pretty much amount to well-timed away results in Serbia, England and Austria. Away games in which we are unfancied are Clarke's forté. In these games, we've tended to do well enough to get a good draw or sneak a win. In just about every other situation — home games against anyone half-decent, away games against pretty much anyone — we've toiled to put a performance together.

Tactically, he seems to have one idea that's completely reliant on one injury-prone player. When that player isn't available, he persists with the idea despite the fact it hasn't produced in a single good performance. When it's not working, he never reacts until it's far too late.

I really thought we'd turned the corner after the run of games last autumn, but here we are seeing the same mistakes and getting the same clueless performances.

Time up for me, and we have to broaden our horizons beyond out of work Scottish managers when we're looking for a replacement.

16 minutes ago, DC92 said:

A complete list of competitive Hampden defeats by more than one goal since the turn of the century:

0-2 v Belgium in 2013 (Strachan)

0-4 v Belgium in 2019 (Clarke)

0-2 v Czech Republic in 2021 (Clarke)

1-3 v Croatia in 2021 (Clarke)

1-3 v Ukraine in 2022 (Clarke)

Pathetic capitulations at home against anyone half-decent has become the norm under Clarke, something not even Vogts, Burley and Levein managed. The very good performance and result against a weakened Denmark was the exception.

Aside from that, the positives pretty much amount to well-timed away results in Serbia, England and Austria. Away games in which we are unfancied are Clarke's forté. In these games, we've tended to do well enough to get a good draw or sneak a win. In just about every other situation — home games against anyone half-decent, away games against pretty much anyone — we've toiled to put a performance together.

Tactically, he seems to have one idea that's completely reliant on one injury-prone player. When that player isn't available, he persists with the idea despite the fact it hasn't produced in a single good performance. When it's not working, he never reacts until it's far too late.

I really thought we'd turned the corner after the run of games last autumn, but here we are seeing the same mistakes and getting the same clueless performances.

Time up for me, and we have to broaden our horizons beyond out of work Scottish managers when we're looking for a replacement.

4 is hardly the “Norm”.

I was happy to give him the Nations League and the qualifiers, I felt he'd earned that after 2 big playoff wi s and a good qualifying campaign last time out.

But failing to turn up against Ukraine, followed by what is comfortably one of the all time worst results and performances, both of which have glaringly highlighted his tactical and selection deficiencies means I'm in the out camp now.

I don't think he'll be sacked or quit mind, but I struggle to see how he comes back from this now.

If Clarke is done then it's time to look outside of Scotland for sure. Bad as this is there isn't a standout candidate for the job, as Clarke was when he got it.

It was a rubbish performance. People are jumping straight on the Clarke out bandwagon because they are angry and need someone to blame for making them feel crap and spoiling their night. It's a night for the people who like getting the knives out for Steve Clarke - hope you're happy.  @BingMcCrosby and @Ken Deans😁

Unforgivable tonight. His greatest achievement is qualifying for a 24 team tournament when McLeish did the heavy lifting. This is the most talented Scotland squad this century and they've just been hammered by the worst Ireland team since I started watching football 35 years ago. Clarke Out.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

4 is hardly the “Norm”.

How many competitive Hampden games have we played against better sides since he came in?

Scotland 1-2 Russia - capitulation after a good first 10 minutes

Scotland 0-4 Belgium - capitulation

Scotland 1-0 Czech Republic - we got battered in the second half

Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic - capitulation

Scotland 1-3 Croatia - capitulation

Scotland 2-0 Denmark - very good performance and result

Scotland 1-3 Ukraine - capitulation

Comfortably defeated in 5 out of 7 there and in all 3 of the biggest games. I'm happy with my original wording.

We're out of this nations league,  unless we win all remaining games,  which is not happening 

So yes,  time to let someone else have a try

The problem is who, which is why he'll stay 

Just now, Binos said:

We're out of this nations league,  unless we win all remaining games,  which is not happening 

So yes,  time to let someone else have a try

The problem is who, which is why he'll stay 

Should have played two up front