Time to go Steve Clarke

Just now, Loominous said:

Thread is dreadful, burn it. 

The thread as usual has been derailed by one poster, stick him on ignore and the discussion has been worthwhile imo.

But it is time to move on now (for me anyway). Let's see how Clarke does with this campaign.

17 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Regarding calling people mentaI. In 2022 its not acceptable. Theres a greater understanding and acceptance of real mental health issues and the casual use of "mental" as a thow away insult isn't nice. It shows a lack of understanding, compassion and of sophistication.

This is an example of one of the absolute worst things in society right now - you've gone looking for something to be offended about and are trying to take some imaginary moral high ground by pointing it out.

Lack of understanding or compassion for people with mental health issues? Aff your high horse - you are assuming you are somehow morally superior with regards to understanding mental health without the faintest idea of what battles I've had, or currently have, with mental health issues.

You know exactly what the word mental meant in that context. Do we just never use the words mental, crazy or mad every again in case it offends someone's fake sensitivities online? Pish.

Out of curiosity, if the word mental offends you, where do you stand on calling people c***s?

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

This is an example of one of the absolute worst things in society right now - you've gone looking for something to be offended about and are trying to take some imaginary moral high ground by pointing it out.

Lack of understanding or compassion for people with mental health issues? Aff your high horse - you are assuming you are somehow morally superior with regards to understanding mental health without the faintest idea of what battles I've had, or currently have, with mental health issues.

You know exactly what the word mental meant in that context. Do we just never use the words mental, crazy or mad every again in case it offends someone's fake sensitivities online? Pish.

Out of curiosity, if the word mental offends you, where do you stand on calling people c***s?

Well your welcome to your opinion. 

For me a far worse thing thats wrong with society is people using phrases like that to try and dismiss someone's views and put them down.

Times change fortunately, and while you may think its ok to go round calling people mental because they happen to disagree with you. Its not.

Example of ok uses of the words mad, crazy, and mental.

"No way that happened thats mad/crazy/mental" so yes the words still have uses. But calling someone that, especially over trivial matters shows you to lack decency and intelligence and yes also compassion.

You can call me whatever you like, but I'm not going to respond to you further on the thread.

Our performances and record in any games of even the slightest significance are abysmal.

This first half has been as bad as any in the lowest days of the national team.

Our players don’t care. They perform for their clubs, but NEVER for Scotland. Its time the media started hounding them for their performances rather than hyping them up at every point.

As my earlier posts in this thread prove, I’ve never been behind Clarke, but managing these players at an international level must be a nightmare.

Edited by ZX1886

Just now, accies1874 said:

Bing was right

Appreciate you acknowledging that, but I dont take any pleasure in being so.

I feared the worst when he started with the "what criticism" and all that.

At the end of the day we're all scotland fans. Is it possible he will resign on the back of this?

12 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Appreciate you acknowledging that, but I dont take any pleasure in being so.

I feared the worst when he started with the "what criticism" and all that.

At the end of the day we're all scotland fans. Is it possible he will resign on the back of this?

Just f**k off.