Time to go Steve Clarke

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Birmingham City were desperate enough to appoint Alex McLeish after ten games.

Never underestimate a board of directors' propensity to clutch at straws.

Going back to Clarke taking inspiration from myself, it was me who has been suggesting Robertson playing left wing with Tierney behind him. Which Clarke done for the turkey game. Another idea he's taken directly from me.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Going back to Clarke taking inspiration from myself, it was me who has been suggesting Robertson playing left wing with Tierney behind him. Which Clarke done for the turkey game. Another idea he's taken directly from me.

We were mince against Turkey, so that's me lost faith now  :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2022 at 23:36, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Canada, Saudi Arabia and Japan have chucked in a couple of decent but ultimately fruitless performances? 

• Canada playing out of their skins only to lose in heartbreaking fashion to (in theory) one of the best teams there is the most Scottish thing ever
  • Japan beating the Germans only to shite it against Costa Rica is .... see above
  • Saudi Arabia producing a stunning win against a good side only to then falter against 10 Polish jobbers plus Lewandowski .... and so on

Replacing Clarke with the Saudi manager 😂

Michael Beale 😂

I think on reflection this is pretty much how I see it having played out. I don't see anyone shouting for the Morocco manager or the Croatia manager who are actually performing miracles.

9 hours ago, Loominous said:

I think on reflection this is pretty much how I see it having played out. I don't see anyone shouting for the Morocco manager or the Croatia manager who are actually performing miracles.

Japan qualified out of their group at te expense of Germany, so id say they did pretty well tbh.

Canada and Saudi Arabia performed very well overall, with an overall quality certainly worse than ours. They both looked very well coached teams.

Im not sure what your saying after that.

You want Clarke being replaced but not by those managers, but by the Morocco or Croatia manager?

23 hours ago, Loominous said:

The football would be slated half an hour in to the Morocco guys Scotland reign.

On 29/11/2022 at 23:36, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Is this thread a herding pen for moonhowlers?

Why is Clarke getting stick because Canada, Saudi Arabia and Japan have chucked in a couple of decent but ultimately fruitless performances? 

• Canada playing out of their skins only to lose in heartbreaking fashion to (in theory) one of the best teams there is the most Scottish thing ever
  • Japan beating the Germans only to shite it against Costa Rica is .... see above
  • Saudi Arabia producing a stunning win against a good side only to then falter against 10 Polish jobbers plus Lewandowski .... and so on

Replacing Clarke with the Saudi manager 😂

Michael Beale 😂

Pretty sure those three countries are much bigger populated and yes get Croatia are the same population as us but they have two genuine world class players pulling there strings

I actually watched the semi and thought that technically apart them having Moderic and Kocacic Pericic they over all didn't look all that better than us

We are producing Hickey Ramsay Doig Doak Patterson even Ferguson are they?

Players who most are doing well especially the ones playing overseas 

Edited by General dissaray

On 12/12/2022 at 12:29, Loominous said:

Is it a miracle from Croatia or are they just a very good team? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2022 at 08:19, General dissaray said:

Pretty sure those three countries are much bigger populated and yes get Croatia are the same population as us but they have two genuine world class players pulling there strings

I actually watched the semi and thought that technically apart them having Moderic and Kocacic Pericic they over all didn't look all that better than us

Gvardiol was literally one of the best defenders at the tournament.

On 14/12/2022 at 16:19, General dissaray said:

Well, aye, they are.

As a very rough guide, Scotland currently has seven players aged 23 or under with market values of £4 million + (Ferguson's MV on transfermarkt). Let call it 8 since Doak's value will undoubtedly rocket in the near future - the 8 being the 6 you mention plus Gilmour and Turnbull.

Croatia have 12. Aside from Gvardiol who's widely considered the best young centre half in the world, they have a decent group of players from 19-22 who're all playing regularly in top leagues around Europe, particularly the Bundesliga.

Of course, what Croatia are also really benefiitting from that we aren't so much is that they have a fairly sizable disapora that feld the Balkans war to countries that are histrorically pretty good at producing footballers, like Germany and Italy. Ours tended to f**k off to countries where football isn't massive or our fellow comical underachievers, England.

Of course, another problem of ours is that of our 8 £4m+ u23s, half of them are full backs. We've got a decent pipeline of young talent but that really isn't spread out across the pitch. Croatia have promising young players in a range of positions. We're seriously lacking goalkeepers, centre halfs and centre forwards.

On 02/01/2023 at 00:36, Gordon EF said:

Well, aye, they are.

As a very rough guide, Scotland currently has seven players aged 23 or under with market values of £4 million + (Ferguson's MV on transfermarkt). Let call it 8 since Doak's value will undoubtedly rocket in the near future - the 8 being the 6 you mention plus Gilmour and Turnbull.

Croatia have 12. Aside from Gvardiol who's widely considered the best young centre half in the world, they have a decent group of players from 19-22 who're all playing regularly in top leagues around Europe, particularly the Bundesliga.

Of course, what Croatia are also really benefiitting from that we aren't so much is that they have a fairly sizable disapora that feld the Balkans war to countries that are histrorically pretty good at producing footballers, like Germany and Italy. Ours tended to f**k off to countries where football isn't massive or our fellow comical underachievers, England.

Of course, another problem of ours is that of our 8 £4m+ u23s, half of them are full backs. We've got a decent pipeline of young talent but that really isn't spread out across the pitch. Croatia have promising young players in a range of positions. We're seriously lacking goalkeepers, centre halfs and centre forwards.

Porteous probably joining Udinese

Welsh possibly still going there to or to Porto

I don't think we are that bad off at center back

I give you keepers and strikers though maybe wee Doak could play there one day heard a rumour he might be going to Forrest on loan

18 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Porteous probably joining Udinese

Welsh possibly still going there to or to Porto

I don't think we are that bad off at center back

I give you keepers and strikers though maybe wee Doak could play there one day heard a rumour he might be going to Forrest on loan

I'm not saying our current crop are bad, I'm saying they're not obviously better than Croatia's. Croatia have a whole team of players u23 playing regularly at the top level with one or two complete standouts. A Croatia u23 side would undoubtedly be better than a Scotland u23 side right now. That's not a slight on young Scottish players. Croatia have exceptional talent for their size, yet again.

And to suggest they're not producing young talent at the rate we are because you haven't heard of them yet is silly. I doubt many punters on Croatian P&B have heard of Josh Doug, Stephen Welsh, or even Ben Doak yet.

41 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm not saying our current crop are bad, I'm saying they're not obviously better than Croatia's. Croatia have a whole team of players u23 playing regularly at the top level with one or two complete standouts. A Croatia u23 side would undoubtedly be better than a Scotland u23 side right now. That's not a slight on young Scottish players. Croatia have exceptional talent for their size, yet again.

And to suggest they're not producing young talent at the rate we are because you haven't heard of them yet is silly. I doubt many punters on Croatian P&B have heard of Josh Doug, Stephen Welsh, or even Ben Doak yet.

Ive heard off them and ive watched them,and also we don't have a U23 team so we got nothing to compare them with

Scotland record against Croatia up untill fairly recently we were unbeaten to them

I think we could field a decent U23 team to uf it ever came down to it 

On 05/01/2023 at 11:14, General dissaray said:

Ive heard off them and ive watched them,and also we don't have a U23 team so we got nothing to compare them with

Scotland record against Croatia up untill fairly recently we were unbeaten to them

I think we could field a decent U23 team to uf it ever came down to it 

Sure buddy. It's amazing how everyone on here has always watched every player that gets brought up, extensively.

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Sure buddy. It's amazing how everyone on here has always watched every player that gets brought up, extensively.

Like you were the only guy in here that watched the world cup then aye?I still aren't convinced that long term Croatia will have as many as us playing in the best league in the world which is still the English Premiership 

23 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Like you were the only guy in here that watched the world cup then aye?I still aren't convinced that long term Croatia will have as many as us playing in the best league in the world which is still the English Premiership 

I'm obviously not the only one to have watched the world Cup. Are you high?

That may well be the case. Scottish players are traditionally more likely to play in England than in other European leagues. Croatian tend to move to a variety of leagues. That comparison would mean next to nothing.

Would like Steve to take lead from Morocco who showed exactly how to play the Spanish 

A 4141 with a high line compressing whole game into 30 yards or so and say can you play through us

Then try hit on break