Time to go Steve Clarke

Just now, Satoshi said:

You don't what? You said you thought it was better earlier! But yeah fine, some Scotland fans hate the national team so far they legitimately think we are worse than Northern Ireland or Iceland. It's bizarre yeah, but if you think then there's no convincing you otherwise.

The domestic leagues of Wales and Ireland are pretty poor though, and even without the old firm Scotland has historically good record in Europe and some of the highest proportional attendances in Europe (that's even when excluding the old firm, and not doing the same to other nations). Our domestic game is best in class, something to be very proud of but plenty of evidence it hurts the national team (as it does for turkey and Russia).

It's just purely a formatting complaint then. The world won't turn if we reach the knockout rounds, and if we reach the last 16 of the euros it still won't be our best performance in the competition, and reaching the last 32 of a 48 team world cup won't be even close to our best record in that competition. It's a stick used to beat the national team but it's pretty unimportant and will disappear soon. Won't think beating northern Ireland in a second round will beat 9 world cup qualifications in 48 years, thats a magnificent record we will never replicate again.

Sure mate I disagree with you because I hate the national team 👍 Were both in full agreement now so give me peace

Just now, BFTD said:

Must admit, I never thought you'd be so keen to prove my point when I mentioned that some Morton fans have a chip on the shoulder about other diddy clubs, but you should absolutely do this with everyone now.

🤣 What are you on about, I dont even remember you saying that. Tbh I've got respect for anyone that supports the crap team where their from rather than some plastic oldfirm fan.

3 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Sure mate I disagree with you because I hate the national team 👍 Were both in full agreement now so give me peace

🤣 What are you on about, I dont even remember you saying that. Tbh I've got respect for anyone that supports the crap team where their from rather than some plastic oldfirm fan.

Aye, I did rather get the impression you'd been skimming posts for a while.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Well I've stopped reading Satoshis since he said the same thing about 4 times

501 times, surely.

• 2 months later...

Nice that Steve Clarke will reach this milestone tonight equaling Chesney so well done to him. Credit where it's due.

I was very surprised it was 40. It doesn’t feel like 40, I’ve got to be honest. That must mean that somewhere in there, although you don’t see it very often, I’m actually quite enjoying the job. I didn’t notice that statistic but I always say the same thing to people about achievements and categorising things. I will only do that when I am finished and sitting lying on a beach somewhere counting back. Only then will I try to categorise how I felt about that job and this job and what my best moment was or my win ratio. All that is for later. For now? I’ll just carry on being miserable and get on with my job.

Steve Clarke

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/steve-clarke-surprised-scotland-milestone-28087804

Edited by 2426255

Just now, Paxo said:

Sacked in the morning IMO.

I would be very much against that 🤣

I think whats Clarke done in the last 3 games has been remarkable.

The criticisms against him were his teams were negative and the formation and tactics were not correct for every game. Especially games like the last 3, winnable.

Hes changed formation and tactics and shown he can get his teams playing on the front foot and controlling games.

Plenty were demanding we stick with the back 5, which would have brought the end of Steve clarkes reign.

Would we have beaten Ukraine in the world cup eliminator playing like that, probably.

Would we have picked up enough points to qualify for our euro group? Probably

But personally I'm interested in looking forward now not back. Were playing great.

I love you big stevey baby 😍

I was all for sacking him for keeping mclean on the park tonight tbh. There’sbeen some deserved criticism for Clarke, 3 at back without Tierney was daft v Czechs, and some other things. But he’s proven himself time and time again now. Even though I often doubt his decisions and wanted him gone at one stage

On 23/06/2021 at 09:08, BingMcCrosby said:

Hes already made a terrible start to the next qualifying. Its time we parted ways, hes never going to be a good manager for us.

Strachan when we went deserved to go, but he had the team playing better than this. Were going nowhere.

Delete GIFs | Tenor

Get it up ye. 💋

Edited by 2426255

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Bing could be wrong or he could be right,

To be fair there isn't a case for him being right. I'd say embarrassingly wrong but each to their own.

Well done to the team - fantastic effort, really has built something excellent for all of us to get behind. Fully behind Steve Clarke and you just have to say well done to him, he knows what he's doing.