Time to go Steve Clarke

50 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Naw wouldn't be looking at Barry McKay as next avalible winger at all avaliable to us

I would be sitting down with Sirki Dembele a guy brought up in Govan that will be playing in EPL for Bournemouth next year

And I would be begging him to play for Scotland over the Ivory Coast like his treacherous wee brother has decided to play for

Also would be looking at Scotty Wright to bring into the team if he is starting becoming a regular at Rangers 

And don't forget James Forrest is probably gonna be back anyway fit and able

Clarke and Fraser sat down together there isn't a problem he just never picked him

Out them all he is probably our best winger but would be nice to see Dembele involved especially if he is playing in EPL

I for one am outraged that a boy born in the quaint Scottish hamlet of Lambeth, with two parents from the Ivory Coast might fancy playing for a country other than Scotland. 

Edited by Fratelli

Just now, Fratelli said:

I for one am outraged that a boy born in the quaint Scottish hamlet of Lambeth, with two parents from the Ivory Coast might fancy playing for a country other than Scotland. 

Been through schooling in Scotland he is eligible and as far as I'm aware has already choosen Scotland at a young age,so if this is so get him in next squad and freshen it up a bit plenty off pace Adams Brown Dembele all flying machines 

Not impressed with Clarke's "realistic fans" comment.  He's getting close to Strachan territory.

Do "realistic fans" expect us to repeatedly not turn up in first half, throughout his tenure?

Do they expect us to capitulate so badly versus Ukraine and Ireland within a short period of time?

Looking at the group we are in not too bad a situation, but realistically Clarke has to get it sorted for September, or realistically he will lose support 

Edited by Father Ted

2 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Naw wouldn't be looking at Barry McKay as next avalible winger at all avaliable to us

I would be sitting down with Sirki Dembele a guy brought up in Govan that will be playing in EPL for Bournemouth next year

And I would be begging him to play for Scotland over the Ivory Coast like his treacherous wee brother has decided to play for

Also would be looking at Scotty Wright to bring into the team if he is starting becoming a regular at Rangers 

And don't forget James Forrest is probably gonna be back anyway fit and able

Clarke and Fraser sat down together there isn't a problem he just never picked him

Out them all he is probably our best winger but would be nice to see Dembele involved especially if he is playing in EPL

Scott Wright is relatively young and becoming more important at Rangers, but he's doing nothing to suggest he's in any way good enough to be an international class winger.  He's achieved nothing like Fraser or Forrest, and neither of them have been world beaters internationally.

Dembele, we'll see this season as to what his true level is.  Simply playing in the EPL, particularly for a promoted team is of no measure at all (will McKenna be a better player in August than he was in May?)

I'd like us to have some threat in the wings, as we really lack pace and ingenuity.  Right now, Fraser is the only player of a sufficient calibre and fitness.  That's not only lop-sided but has no depth should be be injured/unavailable.

12 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Scott Wright is relatively young and becoming more important at Rangers, but he's doing nothing to suggest he's in any way good enough to be an international class winger.  He's achieved nothing like Fraser or Forrest, and neither of them have been world beaters internationally.

Dembele, we'll see this season as to what his true level is.  Simply playing in the EPL, particularly for a promoted team is of no measure at all (will McKenna be a better player in August than he was in May?)

I'd like us to have some threat in the wings, as we really lack pace and ingenuity.  Right now, Fraser is the only player of a sufficient calibre and fitness.  That's not only lop-sided but has no depth should be be injured/unavailable.

Scott Wright is 24 he is exactly at the age were he should be playing consistently for his club and pushing to be part off the squad 

Especially if he contuines to collect top level European appearance with Rangers expecially if they make it into champions league group

Wright over McKay all day long if McKay was any good Rangers would took him back and bumped up the quota off Scots for the European squad

Edited by General dissaray

27 minutes ago, edinabear said:

These wins have been against absolute nobodies. 

A lot of people mewling about the Ireland defeat but they lost to Armenia. And are in far worse shape than us in every way. They would swap with us in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't call Denmark nobodies either.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Tierney could play LCB in a back four or would IMO be a fantastic holding midfielder, Phillip Lahm style.

I'd agree this is a position he could probably play very well. But it would be a big risk unless he's playing there for his club even once in a while and shows that he can do it.

Just now, Satoshi said:

A lot of people mewling about the Ireland defeat but they lost to Armenia. And are in far worse shape than us in every way. They would swap with us in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't call Denmark nobodies either.

I dont think that changes the fact the Ireland result and performance was terrible.

6 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

This is the real concern. If you look at our defeats under Clarke to any decent side (and even not so decent like Ireland) they are 2 or 3 goal defeats, we aren't even close. The exception was our best result on paper, Austria away (they were in dreadful form but we did what was needed). Our other 2 wins against competitive (ones that regularly qualify) nations were beating a Czech side when they had some weird Czech league select side playing, so we can't really count that. And we beat a Denmark side with 4 or 5 players missing who had qualified. I know 'you can only beat what's in front of you' etc but you have to consider that.

If you look at the defeats to Ukraine, Czechs in the Euros, Croatia, Ireland, Denmark away, they are all at least 2 goal margins where we were never really in the game. You could go further back and include 4 goal defeats to Russia and Belgium defeats too. I certainly wouldn't expect us to beat most of them but I'd at least expect us to be competitive, against any good side we are extremely easy to beat.

What we have shown under Clarke is that we can relatively comfortably beat the diddy sides (something not to be sniffed at given our history). The games against the middle ranking nations like Slovakia and Israel are generally the flip of a coin. And in games against sides who regularly qualify we (under normally circumstances) are generally miles off it and lose badly.

Even with our considerable limitations I always thought Clarke would get us solid and organised so that even if we weren't scoring many goals or beating these sides we'd at least be horrible to play against and be able battle to draws or at worst narrow defeats. That's not really how it's worked out.

Correct , the defence is still a problem after all the time he has been in charge , although injuries have not helped recently

7 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Don't let's some stats where we beat some terrible teams and some under strength teams fool you.

You seriously hate Clarke don't you?

Nothing is ever good enough is it we could turn over Italy one week and Brazil the next but still you wouldn't be happy 

Just now, General dissaray said:

You seriously hate Clarke don't you?

Nothing is ever good enough is it we could turn over Italy one week and Brazil the next but still you wouldn't be happy 

No I would be, for the 2nd time go and look at when Clarke was appointed and the games up till the euros, I hadnt said anything negative at all. Saying that I did or felt that way is lying.

If your just going to continue trying to tell me how I feel and make things up I would rather we just put each other on ignore.

13 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

No I would be, for the 2nd time go and look at when Clarke was appointed and the games up till the euros, I hadnt said anything negative at all. Saying that I did or felt that way is lying.

If your just going to continue trying to tell me how I feel and make things up I would rather we just put each other on ignore.

Would have been easier to just write ‘yes, I despise him and want him sacked.’

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I see alot of red dots and one attempt at a joke, but no disputing of what I actually said.

I'd be surprised if anyone went back and looked at your earlier posts on the subject, I certainly didn't. To be honest man, I downvoted your post because it's another in a long line of argumentative, attritional and combative posts.