Time to go Steve Clarke

Just now, General dissaray said:

I aren't in a huff and im not talking shite either I'm not the one that thinks Bielsa would be interested in Scotland keep on dreaming your crazy dreams though but it is never going to happen next Scotland boss will probably be McInnes if he does anything with Killie gets them 3rd or a European place and that is only cos SAF backs him

See i didn’t say he would be, i said perhaps he might be. Which is an opinion, rather than a fact.

And continually saying you know the opinions of someone you have never met, is talking shite. That is a fact, not an opinion.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

5 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You understand that if Bielsa was offered the job tomorrow and turned it down, that wouldn't make you correct?

We have a manager Bing,remember you started this dumb thread to defend him?

Or are you forgetting that fact?Again what part of Bielsa was never innthe conversation?I gave you there list Clarke was on,and that is all it was a list not even 100 certain they all got a actuall interview they might or might not but that was there list no foreign managers they were looking at UK managers after totally failing to get a proven man with a CV in taking teams to finals

Edited by General dissaray

We have a manager Bing,remember you started this dumb thread to defend him?

Or are you forgetting that fact?Again what part of Bielsa was never innthe conversation?I gave you there list Clarke was on,and that is all it was a list not even 100 certain they all got a actuall interview they might or might not but that was there list no foreign managers they were looking at UK managers after totally failing to get a proven man with a CV in taking teams to finals

I dont mean to be rude, but genuinely I dont know what this means.

Ill just say the same thing again, because your probably just saying the same thing again.

"i said perhaps he might be. Which is an opinion, rather than a fact.

And continually saying you know the opinions of someone you have never met, is talking shite. That is a fact, not an opinion."

I've never been Clarke out and still amn't, 

but watching Australia Peru just now makes me really wish he was a bit more adventurous and forward thinking. 

Peru are a decent side but Australia are throwing men forward every time they have the ball with both wingers pushing right up with the two strikers, Irvine making late runs into the box from deep and both fullbacks stepping up. 

There's no reason we can't do this a bit more against sides around our level. We have a much better squad than Ireland currently and about the same as Ukraine if you look at the level of the clubs that the starting XIs play for. But against both teams we played a very deep defence that dropped straight into a flat low block back 5 every time we lost the ball with two sitting midfielders. With everyone so deep our only build up play if Robertson can't get space on the left is to lump it to Adams or Dykes. 

Watching Australia just now they look a much better side than us, but a lot of their players wouldn't get near our starting XI just now and possibly not even the squad: Irvine, Mooy, Maclaren, Atkinson - even Boyle wasn't being considered when he was first hitting form for Hibs. 

Edited by Zazu

Just now, Zazu said:

but watching Australia Peru just now makes me really wish he was a bit more adventurous and forward thinking. 

Peru are a decent side but Australia are throwing men forward every time they have the ball with both wingers pushing right up with the two strikers, Irvine making late runs into the box from deep and both fullbacks stepping up. 

There's no reason we can't do this a bit more against sides around our level. We have a much better squad than Ireland currently and about the same as Ukraine if you look at the level of the clubs that the starting XIs play for. But against both teams we played a very deep defence that dropped straight into a flat low block back 5 every time we lost the ball and two sitting midfielders. With everyone so deep our only build up play if Robertson can't get space on the left is to lump it to Adams or Dykes. 

Watching Australia just now they look a much better side than us, but a lot of their players wouldn't get near our starting XI just now and possibly not even the squad: Irvine, Mooy, Maclaren, Atkinson - even Boyle wasn't being considered when he was first hitting form for Hibs. 

It sounds like you can see the truth, so why would you not want Clarke out? Hes not the guy to get us playing like that, never will be.

57 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Comparing to other sides is one thing - Ampadu, for all his caps is a very average player. Is it not worth comparing Clarke to his predecessors?

I have no idea why 24 is your starting point, as if that’s in any way old. What would Strachan, or Levein’s average ages be? Even with younger goalkeepers I’d be mightily surprised if they weren’t significantly older than the current team.

The point, in case it isn’t really obvious, is that if you fired Clarke today or even in five years, the next manager would have a strong squad to use. That’s never been the case before.

The oldest a ‘young’ player can be is 23 at the time of an u21 tournament. Felt it was a decent cut off for establishing where managers were bringing people through.

Strachan’s are up there. Couldn’t be fucked going back to Levein. 

11 minutes ago, Zazu said:

There's no reason we can't do this a bit more against sides around our level. We have a much better squad than Ireland currently and about the same as Ukraine if you look at the level of the clubs that the starting XIs play for. But against both teams we played a very deep defence that dropped straight into a flat low block back 5 every time we lost the ball with two sitting midfielders. With everyone so deep our only build up play if Robertson can't get space on the left is to lump it to Adams or Dykes. 

Seeing jackson irvine up front dykes is probably kicking himself 

17 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I dont mean to be rude, but genuinely I dont know what this means.

Ill just say the same thing again, because your probably just saying the same thing again.

"i said perhaps he might be. Which is an opinion, rather than a fact.

And continually saying you know the opinions of someone you have never met, is talking shite. That is a fact, not an opinion."

Criticism for him then three years and your still at it even though he took us to the Euroes each to there own but would love the results to pick up just for him to put you back in your box yet again 

Criticism for him then three years and your still at it even though he took us to the Euroes each to there own but would love the results to pick up just for him to put you back in your box yet again 

You realise that im a Scotland fan also? And would be happy if we started winning and playing well and winning big crunch games against beatable teams.

Throughout the thread I've praised Steve Clarke quite alot, he has many good qualities. I can back this up quite easily.

I realise your on full tilt

But that doesn't mean you can just make up your own bizarre narrative.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

You realise that im a Scotland fan also? And would be happy if we started winning and playing well and winning big crunch games against beatable teams.

Throughout the thread I've praised Steve Clarke quite alot, he has many good qualities. I can back this up quite easily.

You've been campaigning for support to get him sacked for years now.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Back the team and boss then,stop nit picking and finding fault in everything and fantising about foreign managers we have no chance in getting 

We are Scotland it can be a tough watch sometimes but we can't turn on team or manager

Been waiting a long time as well to get someone taking us to a finals

Back the team and boss then,stop nit picking and finding fault in everything and fantising about foreign managers we have no chance in getting 

We are Scotland it can be a tough watch sometimes but we can't turn on team or manager

Been waiting a long time as well to get someone taking us to a finals

I've backed the manager for a long time, until I realised in my opinion he was not going to be successful for us.

And apart from that frankly ill do and say exactly as I please. Ill have an opinion on whatever I want and if you don't want to read or be involved in it thats absolutely fine I'd. But I'd suggest the thread titled "time to go steve clarke" might not be the place for you.

3 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I've backed the manager for a long time, until I realised in my opinion he was not going to be successful for us.

And apart from that frankly ill do and say exactly as I please. Ill have an opinion on whatever I want and if you don't want to read or be involved in it thats absolutely fine I'd. But I'd suggest the thread titled "time to go steve clarke" might not be the place for you.

Three years this been up literally like from day one suppose your one off the rule Britania boys?Bye bye Bing bye bye

Three years this been up literally like from day one suppose your one off the rule Britania boys?Bye bye Bing bye bye

Yes three years it has been up, congratulations. Have a read thru it. You will see many posts from me praising the work of Clarke.

Go have a look for yourself.

After the euros I got behind the team and got on with supporting Scotland. Clarke had a good run of results. The recent games are worse than the euros tho. This has all been discussed at great length. But we can rehash it if you really want.

No personally I'm not a rangers fan. But rangers fans much the same as celtic fans have the right to an opinion on the national team also.

Provided that is ok with you that is?