Time to go Steve Clarke

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I said people like you, and racist against people with a background like myself 

It’s tiresome and tedious having to defend my Scottishness.

Its not just a joke really, it never is with people like yourself 

Were you crying when you wrote this?

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Why do you think calling someone an "alcoholic tramp" is acceptable?

Edinabear is basically a bit of a c**t and because Clarke has said bad things about the bigotry problem in Scotland he hates him. After some promise Clarke has went backwards, his stubbornness to play 3 at the back and shoehorn players who have been pish for a good while shows this. Our results have been generally OK in his tenure but it's papered over cracks, the Faroes battered us 0-1 and Ukraine and a keech ROI humped us. The good results were a 0-0 with England in retrospect not that good as we got biffed in the biggie against Croatia and an impressive 2-0 against a qualified Danes. He seems to have the don't lose goals instead of let's score goals approach which basically leaves our attacking midfielders playing as defenders. I quite like Clarke as a man but we are going to get worse as things go forward so I'm in the bin him camp now.

41 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

All these attempts at troubleshooting only get made when the team lose. 

Yeah, the clues in the name as to why that is.

22 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Plenty of the Clarke In-ers will change their mind when they realise we only scored "two headers" against Armenia.

haha, some people - imagine having the knives out that long, they'd be all rusty.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

What was wrong about Steve Clarke's training, selection and tactics? I didn't realise you were a football tactics expert - I had just thought you were a fan saying things with hindsight. My mistake.

Definitely a troll 

You are the 1 poster unequivocally sure that tactically,  selection wise or in any other way Clarke is untouchable and uncriticisable. Id love to know what great knowledge you have to back that up?

So far it seems to be that the players didn't do what he said!

Sacrificing a man in midfield to play a back three works well when Tierney is available because he covers so much ground that he’s effectively a centre back, left back and defensive midfielder all rolled into one. Cooper, McKenna and any other options just don’t have the range to play that position.

Back three needs to be employed if and only if Robertson and Tierney are both available. If not then we should move to a 4-3-3. 

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely a troll 

You are the 1 poster unequivocally sure that tactically,  selection wise or in any other way Clarke is untouchable and uncriticisable. Id love to know what great knowledge you have to back that up?

Everyone is just stabbing in the dark looking for reasons why the players performed so poorly. Clearly the players didn't perform., we could all see that. Why did they perform so poorly? well none of the folk on this forum are going to know, are they?

Edited by 2426255

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Everyone is just stabbing in the dark looking for reasons why the players performed so poorly. Clearly the players didn't perform., we could all see that. Why did they perform so poorly? well none of the folk on this forum are going to know, are they?

Yet you are 100% certain Clarke is the only one whose untouchable

Fair enough. You are fixed on that and ignore any attempt to justify YOUR opinion its anybody except Clarkes fault

32 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Plenty of the Clarke In-ers will change their mind when they realise we only scored "two headers" against Armenia.

I'm sceptical of Clarke, but the thick football fan's need to recategorise every single good result and performance as lucky or not that impressive is irritating.

A "battling defensive draw" in which we created a few chances of our own against a much better team on their own patch is somehow a bad thing. Israel were the better team at Hampden despite not getting out of their own half for 45 minutes and benefitting from several missed chances, including a penalty. Trying to rip the shirt off someone's back with two hands is somehow a "questionable penalty" and our keeper made a couple of saves, but the several chances we created of our own in that game don't warrant a mention.

He's a fanny.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I'm sceptical of Clarke, but the thick football fan's need to recategorise every single good result and performance as lucky or not that impressive is irritating.

A "battling defensive draw" in which we created a few chances of our own against a much better team on their own patch is somehow a bad thing. Israel were the better team at Hampden despite not getting out of their own half for 45 minutes and benefitting from several missed chances, including a penalty. Trying to rip the shirt off someone's back with two hands is somehow a "questionable penalty" and our keeper made a couple of saves, but the several chances we created of our own in that game don't warrant a mention.

He's a fanny.

Also the Czech game “two going on five” was nothing of the sort. We outplayed them for 90 minutes and they just won because we wasted our chances whereas they took theirs.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

He's a fanny.

Yep.  Up till the Ukraine game our results and performance level had been mainly very good for a while.

This has been a woeful 2 weeks but going back trying to claim comfortable wins were lucky is the mark of a cretin

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Donathan said:
Also the Czech game “two going on five” was nothing of the sort. We outplayed them for 90 minutes and they just won because we wasted our chances whereas they took theirs.

No we didn't outplay them, thats delusional talk

Look at the expected goals

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely a troll 

What worrying me is what the results will be if Clarke does get his selections and tactics wrong🤣

24 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Yet you are 100% certain Clarke is the only one whose untouchable

Fair enough. You are fixed on that and ignore any attempt to justify YOUR opinion its anybody except Clarkes fault

I'm not saying he is untouchable. It's clear in his contract what the parameters of success and failure are. I justified my opinion it by saying that the players accepted the responsibility, linking the video and also by saying that given we are not experts on the forum and we don't really know what's going on then how can we attribute blame?

That's my point of view.

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I'm not saying he is untouchable. It's clear in his contract what the parameters of success and failure are. I justified my opinion it by saying that the players accepted the responsibility and also by saying that given we are not experts on the forum and we don't really know what's going on then how can we attribute blame?

Players saying after a humiliation they should have played better/protecting the manager? Thats 99% of interviews in those circumstances. 

Also you say nobody knows whats going on so we cant attribute blame? Yet you attribute blame to players and none to Clarke.

Also you dont have to be an expert to see the 1st half was awful and the system wasnt working. He didnt change it.