Time to go Steve Clarke

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You put that up as some catch all defence of Clarke though .. which it isnt

Whether Robertson meant it or not he was just saying what 99% of players do when asked to front up after an embrassing performance 

He meant it alright, don't worry about that. If the players weren't doing what they'd been training on and working on because they were put under some pressure by Ireland and were struggling to settle at the start of the game then how is that accounted for?

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Euros - Shat it 

Ukraine - Shat it 

Ireland - mega shat it 

We definitely have the players who are good enough to compete, I don’t think the manger is upto it though 

Away.

23 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tremendous to see that there are still plenty of daft wee ***s who still have him living absolutely rent-free in their heads. For that alone I hope he continues 😂

For the hard of thinking, his next line was "and hopefully, bye bye Celtic next year as well" Killie to his core & has no interest in the faux religious pish that the arse cheeks continue to peddle.

8 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

He meant it alright, don't worry about that. If the players weren't doing what they'd been training on and working on because they were put under some pressure by Ireland and were struggling to settle at the start of the game then how is that accounted for?

Even if he meant it then it doesn't absolve the managerial failures at all. That is the point.

But again you post as if Clarke had the training spot on , his selection spot on and his tactics spot on. Those pesky players just messed it up right?

Agree to disagree.

Andy Robertson spent the build up to these vital games getting steaming just days before the first encounter, I'm not sure he should be criticising anyone else.

He's very good at talking the talk about how others should be putting more into the game.

31 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Even if he meant it then it doesn't absolve the managerial failures at all. That is the point.

But again you post as if Clarke had the training spot on , his selection spot on and his tactics spot on. Those pesky players just messed it up right?

Agree to disagree.

What was wrong about Steve Clarke's training, selection and tactics? I didn't realise you were a football tactics expert - I had just thought you were a fan saying things with hindsight. My mistake.

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Andy Robertson spent the build up to these vital games getting steaming just days before the first encounter, I'm not sure he should be criticising anyone else.

He's very good at talking the talk about how others should be putting more into the game.

I think he was including himself in the criticism

Just now, 2426255 said:

I think he was including himself in the criticism

It's a trait I hate in folk in football.

They never talk about themselves when criticising, its always "us" and "we".

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It's a trait I hate in folk in football.

They never talk about themselves when criticising, its always "us" and "we".

That's great, thank you for sharing that with us.

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

That's great, thank you for sharing that with us.

*shrugs*

He's captain, it's his job to motivate his team mates and if things aren't working on the pitch make that clear. As it is he turned up to the camp later than others and hungover, showed zero motivational skills, then came to the press like a wee lapdog trying to say all the right things to show "passion" so fans don't turn on him. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

He's captain, it's his job to motivate his team mates and if things aren't working on the pitch make that clear. As it is he turned up to the camp later than others and hungover, showed zero motivational skills, then came to the press like a wee lapdog trying to say all the right things to show "passion" so fans don't turn on him. 

As has been said many times there are plenty of leaders in that team. You're speaking as if you've been training as part of the group at Oriam. 😁 You didn't even watch the match to be fair either. He was being honest in my opinion when speaking to the media, not just trying to "say all the right things".

Edited by 2426255

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

As has been said many times there are plenty of leaders in that team.

And one captain. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And one captain. 

Are you saying because Andy Robertson didn't motivate the likes of John McGinn, Callum McGregor, Grant Hanley or Craig Gordon and the rest of the team? that's part of the problem? 🤨 Something about that doesn't fit.

Edited by 2426255

20 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Are you saying because Andy Robertson didn't motivate the likes of John McGinn, Callum McGregor, Grant Hanley or Craig Gordon and the rest of the team? that's part of the problem? 🤨 Something about that doesn't fit.

He's the captain.

If he can't motivate them bccause they're better leaders then take it off him, it might even help him.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tremendous to see that there are still plenty of daft wee ***s who still have him living absolutely rent-free in their heads. For that alone I hope he continues 😂

You just keep clapping along like a seal as we embarass ourselves on a world stage with the best squad we've had in 30 years. That Ireland performance was unforgivable 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's the captain.

If he can't motivate them bccause they're better leaders then take it off him, it might even help him.

All these attempts at troubleshooting only get made when the team lose. It's all about dispensing blame. Nobody knows what went wrong yesterday, perhaps not even the team. People are embarrassed, angry and just venting.

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
7 hours ago, Estragon said:
You weren't "right the whole time" you illiterate c**t. There was a yawning chasm in the middle of your weird crusade where you were demonstrably wrong. 

You are right in what you say, but why descend to cheap, sweary ad hominem? Makes you look pretty weak when your argument is quite strong.

In fairness gordo his argument is not quite strong at all. He's angry precisely because I was correct.

9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

But just for you personally (random person I've never spoken to) ram it right up you. I was right you were wrong ha ha ha

On 16/11/2021 at 12:30, BingMcCrosby said:

But fast forward to now, would I now change the manager. No, hes doing an excellent job. Im genuinely confident for the playoffs and further.

You're just being knee jerk. It's been a bad camp so far - give all the "I was right, I was right" crap a rest.  I

Edited by 2426255