Time to go Steve Clarke

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

How did I celebrate victorys for Scotland? What are you talking about.

The rest just utter nonsense, how have I spent the entire time railing against Scotland. Thats just absolute bollocks your making up.

I was delighted with clarkes appointment. I thought he would do well for us, then thru watching the games I could see he wasn't going to do well. And the terrible euros performance made my mind up.

He done well to get us back in the world Cup and then absolutely arsed the play offs. Another winnable big game bottled. With a negative formation and dinosaur tactics.

Whats sticking in your craw is i was right the whole time. I dont care that your upset about that. And I'm not bragging that I was, id rather I would have had been wrong and we were going to the world Cup, but there you go.

You weren't "right the whole time" you illiterate c**t. There was a yawning chasm in the middle of your weird crusade where you were demonstrably wrong. 

Just now, G51 said:

He struggles to coach a possession system. I don't think it's terribly controversial to say that. 

A counter-attacking system? Clarke's your man. Knows it inside-out. 

A possession style against a somewhat competent team that you're still clearly better than? He's not the guy. 

I said pretty much this quite a few pages back. Hes never been that type of manager at club level and he's not been able to adapt enough at international level.

Just now, Estragon said:

You weren't "right the whole time" you illiterate c**t. There was a yawning chasm in the middle of your weird crusade where you were demonstrably wrong. 

Well I was certainly right alot more than you, which again im not pleased with.

But just for you personally (random person I've never spoken to) ram it right up you. I was right you were wrong ha ha ha

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Well I was certainly right alot more than you, which again im not pleased with.

But just for you personally (random person I've never spoken to) ram it right up you. I was right you were wrong ha ha ha

What does this even mean?

You are right in what you say, but why descend to cheap, sweary ad hominem? Makes you look pretty weak when your argument is quite strong.

Hooo boy, that was a bad one. Maybe top 5 worst ever that I can remember. That Irish side is abysmally bad and they could have put 5 past us.

I said after Ukraine that Clarke being sacked was a non starter and that’s still the case imo but that’s as close to a game changing performance in the fans eyes as you’re going to get. His pre game and in game tactics were woeful I thought. The players performance levels were equally woeful. The drop off since the peak of the Denmark home performance really beggars belief.

He’ll stay for now and be given the chance to turn this around, which he probably deserves. But some contrition and soul searching from all involved is needed after that. 

Hooo boy, that was a bad one. Maybe top 5 worst ever that I can remember. That Irish side is abysmally bad and they could have put 5 past us.
I said after Ukraine that Clarke being sacked was a non starter and that’s still the case imo but that’s as close to a game changing performance in the fans eyes as you’re going to get. His pre game and in game tactics were woeful I thought. The players performance levels were equally woeful. The drop off since the peak of the Denmark home performance really beggars belief.

He’ll stay for now and be given the chance to turn this around, which he probably deserves. But some contrition and soul searching from all involved is needed after that. 

If he doesn't top the nations group he needs to go, give him until then, then get someone competent on for Euro Qualifiers.
Hes a bit of a dead man walking as Ukraine are cigaring this group

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Well the possession system looked fine in other games. It's because we lost.

No it looked shite against Armenia too when we could barely create a chance in the second half.

People refused to see that Adams was shocking, Christie had zero contribution and McGinn wasn't really interested.

We got absolutely battered by Ireland and have looked awful in our last 3 games because Clarke isn't up to the job.

The timings of these games coming at the end of a long season haven't helped, neither has the back drop of the whole Ukraine situation and postponement saga. But we can trot out excuses all day long that the players have been tired, haven't performed, have let the manager down etc etc. Ultimately the manager assesses the squad he has picked in training - and if they are not looking 100% in terms of fitness or commitment then he shouldn't picking them. If they are looking good in training but under-perform on a number of games when they go out to play, then there is something else going badly wrong at the core of the team. 

I think after last night that should be it for Clarke. He is a decent guy and probably recognises that himself. 

Same set-up every game. Competent opponents know we are playing a back 3 so push men up onto it and wait for the mistakes. Hendry, Hanley and McKenna in a back 3 was asking for trouble.

Unable or unwilling to change mid-game. His subs make no sense and don't change the game in our favour. We needed to change shape but bringing on Gilmour for Hendry and pushing McTominay into the back 3 when it is clear McTominay is a liability in a back 3 was nonsensical. 

Make no mistake, a defeat in Yerevan on Tuesday leaves us bottom of a group we should have been looking to win and in real danger of being relegated back to Tier C. Clarke did well to turn us around but has taken us as far as he can.

7 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Well the possession system looked fine in other games. It's because we lost. Check this out - Player taking responsibility. @afc_blockhead

You have to be a troll? 

When do players not give out the usual platitudes about "its not good enough" when they know fans are raging. 

Your desire to absolve Clarke of any blame is really odd. Again he got his system wrong , played the wrong team and had no clue how to change it tactically or personnel wise to get a grip of the game.

Are you his relative?

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

When do players not give out the usual platitudes about "its not good enough" when they know fans are raging. 

I think Andy Robertson was being honest.

Just now, 2426255 said:

I think Andy Robertson was being honest.

You put that up as some catch all defence of Clarke though .. which it isnt

Whether Robertson meant it or not he was just saying what 99% of players do when asked to front up after an embrassing performance 

8 hours ago, edinabear said:

Sack this alcoholic tramp. The best squad we've had in 30 years and he is destroying us

Tremendous to see that there are still plenty of daft wee ***s who still have him living absolutely rent-free in their heads. For that alone I hope he continues 😂