Time to go Steve Clarke

8 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

None. No excuses either though, which is refreshing.
The answers need to come Vs Armenia away. That game - which should have been tricky but do-able - now becomes utterly crucial.

Ukraine will do Armenia home and away 

It was a necessary three points in the first place 

1 hour ago, Acastus said:

Time for something new. Pumped by one of the worst Ireland teams in history.

It's got to be a foreign manager with national team experience and pedigree...any realistic targets ?

I’m pretty sure that is our worst result against an Irish side ever, and considering our first game against them was almost 140 years ago

Ooft 

27 minutes ago, Binos said:

Has he offered any answers 

He said it was because we didn't start with Scott McTominay in the back three and also because we went with two attacking midfielders instead of two strikers.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im not sure who your are tbh and dont remember ever speaking to you.

I want scotland to win every game, you can accept that or not I dont care.

I'm not sure how relevant your first point is here, you've written dozens of public posts demonstrating your point if view. Whether we've had a personal interaction is neither here nor there.

Secondly, if this is really true I suggest you find something else to fill your time - because not only has your celebration of some brilliant performances since Copenhagen been muted to say the least, you've spent the entirety of this time railing against what's been (intermittently) a great time to be a Scotland fan. 

Has he offered any answers 

“For some reason we didn’t cope”
“Sometimes you have bad days”

Not exactly the words of someone who takes responsibility and aims to change things...

I see Wales managed to draw with Belgium tonight 

Its embarrassing how far a team like that is ahead of us, considering the amount of averageness they have in the team with a caretaker manger whose previous experience was managing in League 1 in England. 

9 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

“For some reason we didn’t cope”
“Sometimes you have bad days”

Not exactly the words of someone who takes responsibility and aims to change things...

There's not a thing he could say that would be accepted by fans.

late to the party and didn't read all the previous comments, so apologies if I'm repeating what's already been said.

a) anyone who has watched a Steve Clarke team will know exactly what you are getting. Defensive, cautious, hard to beat teams, with little flair / attacking performances - these Scotland performances are not a surprise.

b) I'm a season ticket holder at Celtic Park and cannot think of any forward, that I've seen, who should be in the Scotland team. We have a real problem with attacking Scottish players.

c) which manager, who would take the job, could do better?

We are where we are for a reason - we don't have any great players and we don't have enough decent players, especially forwards.

I do wonder if he would resign if he feels he can't take the team any further. He doesn't strike me as a man who would just take a paycheque because he has a contract. I've never seen the players play so poorly - it just seemed to come out of nowhere.

12 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I'm not sure how relevant your first point is here, you've written dozens of public posts demonstrating your point if view. Whether we've had a personal interaction is neither here nor there.

Secondly, if this is really true I suggest you find something else to fill your time - because not only has your celebration of some brilliant performances since Copenhagen been muted to say the least, you've spent the entirety of this time railing against what's been (intermittently) a great time to be a Scotland fan. 

Clarkes jacket was on a shoogly peg, after the czech,  croat and copenhagen capitulations

Before Austria away it was roundly said he needed a big performance to save his skin, and he found that performance and went on a great run

Which we've now completely blown plus now blowing the nations league in the space of a week 

He's back to shoogly peg but second time round now 

The lack of an alternative is thing that will keep him in job

Great time to be a Scotland fan would be getting to the second round of a tournament,  have some ambition. Considering the dross thats done it our players should be capable 

We should have done it already at the euros where we lost two games in our home ground

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Clarkes jacket was on a shoogly peg, after the czech,  croat and copenhagen capitulations

No it wasn't. He got offered a new contract after the Euros and we had lots of COVID call off prior to Denmark.