Time to go Steve Clarke

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

We're out of this nations league,  unless we win all remaining games,  which is not happening 

So yes,  time to let someone else have a try

The problem is who, which is why he'll stay 

We can afford a draw with Ukraine but we have to beat them once too. And then we would win the group on h2h.

Given what we saw when we played Ukraine the other week it looks very unlikely.

It was a inexplicably bad performance, but I still think he can get us back on the road and I'd prefer to see him stay on if it was up to me which it's not. Everything is a little raw after such a humbling defeat -  but I think it's better to keep calm. 

The Armenia game now becomes the abnormal of the last four games which is a worrying trend. In those, we've looked completely lost switching things about to very little effect which doesn't reflect well on Clarke as a manager. You've also seen similar deficiencies like the runs across the backline (Ireland and Ukraine both scored, Austria tried it a lot) and a lack of attacking cohesion (might have actually been some tonight tbf but hard to see in that away end).

I'd hope it's a blip as, no matter what the "McLeish! Backdoor shootouts!" mob say, there's been enough under Clarke to think that we can turn it around and use these humblings constructively like he did for the Belgium-Russia-Belgium-Russia run. Get Armenia out the way with a win and go into September having learned from this shitemare.

24 minutes ago, Loominous said:

It was a inexplicably bad performance, but I still think he can get us back on the road and I'd prefer to see him stay on if it was up to me which it's not. Everything is a little raw after such a humbling defeat -  but I think it's better to keep calm. 

Been calm for a year. Do we want it to change?