Time to go Steve Clarke

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Aye, let's just delete all threads that don't follow the zeitgeist. Can't see any issue with that whatsoever emoji848.png

Can’t see why anyone would want a thread titled ‘Time to go Steve Clarke’ unless they are the kind of person who just lurks and bides their time until a couple of results don’t  go our way. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Can’t see why anyone would want a thread titled ‘Time to go Steve Clarke’ unless they are the kind of person who just lurks and bides their time until a couple of results don’t  go our way. 

As has been discussed about 500 times, the thread was made and discussed mainly directly after the euros.

But maybe if results don't go our way for a while and we start playing honking then I will change my mind. And I'm well within my rights to do that.

Do I hope that happens? no of course not. But sorry I won't be deleting a thread because you don't like it.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

21 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

As has been discussed about 500 times, the thread was made and discussed mainly directly after the euros.

But maybe if results don't go our way for a while and we start playing honking then I will change my mind. And I'm well within my rights to do that.

Do I hope that happens? no of course not. But sorry I won't be deleting a thread because you don't like it.

You keep your thread. It’s important.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Aye, let's just delete all threads that don't follow the zeitgeist. Can't see any issue with that whatsoever emoji848.png

Spot on. Most of us who were dismayed by the Euros, second half Croatia in particular, are capable of recognising the progress made and have made no further comment bar encouragement.

Maybe we should just ban all the posters who disagreed with the correct viewpoint to give them time to get their head examined.

On 23/06/2021 at 09:08, BingMcCrosby said:

Overall performances and results have been poor.

We managed to get to this tournament by an excellent draw with serbia. A game we should have won in the 90mins. That along with the England game is our only good performances under Clarke.

Hes produced some good performances when our backs to the wall. But thats it. He's unable to win games at home, we always look like the away team.

He got us to a tournament for the first time in 23 years, but we were not good. 2 home games and 0 points, its unforgivable.

Hes already made a terrible start to the next qualifying. Its time we parted ways, hes never going to be a good manager for us.

Last night as Souness says was dark ages stuff. Also the wrong team and tactics. 

But the worst thing of all was the reluctance to change things. We were on top in spells for the first half. Croatia started to control the game and we left the players out there to rot. Rather than freshen things up and get back at them. 

The changes were to litte to late and now were out. Arguably the worst team in the tournament.

Yes turkey and North Macedonia lost all 3 games, but neither played a home game. And we played 2. 

Nothing against the guy, I want every scotland manager to succeed. But its been poor overall. It really has.

Strachan when we went deserved to go, but he had the team playing better than this. Were going nowhere.

Souness , who could not be bothered tracking the opposition's runners.That is one of the reasons we never got out of the group stages at a world cup

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

If it bothers you, you could just ignore it.

Or even delete your own account.

No, thank you. Then I wouldn’t be able to read this thread and my life would be slightly diminished.

2 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

Souness , who could not be bothered tracking the opposition's runners.That is one of the reasons we never got out of the group stages at a world cup

Christ have you just got round to reading that post from June 🤣

I remember souness playing but im not old enough to really remember what he did and didn't do tbh.

5 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

Maybe 82 you could apply that to if you agreed with the premise but don't think Souness started against Peru and Iran in 1978 (or maybe even didn't come on).

And you could argue that not playing Souness v Uruguay - a game where his more, let's say aggressive skills, would have been very handy - was one of the reasons we didn't get out the group stages in 86. 

On 29/03/2021 at 02:45, BingMcCrosby said:

Ok, so in football formations are important.

Some formations due to having more men further forward. And less men standing way back. Means their naturally more attacking.

This is also affected by the standards of the players. On the pitch.

1. Us being a vastly superior team

2. Having our more creative and technical players getting into advanced positions.

So yes, sitting with 3 centre backs at home to the Faroe islands would be absolutely bizarre. 

And they would be absolutely delighted if we did so.

Everyones got an opinion, if yours is to play 532 at home to the faroe Islands. Then thats ok. I think you don't understand the game. But thats also OK.

On 31/03/2021 at 21:13, BingMcCrosby said:

Happy to admit I got it wrong tonight regarding the formation tonight.

Cant deny its worked very well.

On 23/06/2021 at 15:05, BingMcCrosby said:

Nobody's saying we want Clarke taken out the back and shot.

Just a new manager with better ideas. 

On 12/11/2021 at 21:48, BingMcCrosby said:

Im more than happy to admit I got it wrong.

On 19/11/2021 at 15:51, KingRocketman II said:

Maybe 82 you could apply that to if you agreed with the premise but don't think Souness started against Peru and Iran in 1978 (or maybe even didn't come on).

And you could argue that not playing Souness v Uruguay - a game where his more, let's say aggressive skills, would have been very handy - was one of the reasons we didn't get out the group stages in 86. 

Souness would have got  himself sent off against Uruguay ( apparently he was ill , not dropped ?! )

On 18/11/2021 at 08:47, Squirrelhumper said:

Spot on. 

Clarke himself would admit he made mistakes at the Euros and to a certain extent the players let him down a bit IMO. but he's the manager and takes the blame. 

Anyone wanting him out after that needed their head looked at though. 

How did the players let him down !

On 19/11/2021 at 15:51, KingRocketman II said:

He did not track back the Dutch runners !

I think now our first 11 is fairly predictable ;

Gordon 

Hendry ? Hanley ? Tierney

Patterson ? Gilmour McGregor Robertson

McGinn Adams ? Christie.

and most would not disagree with it.

We could maybe have a bit more strength in depth up front eg for McGinn but I am sure SSC could tweek things around