Time to go Steve Clarke

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

The only appropriate approach to this thread would be to retrospectively perma ban anyone that's had a bad word to say about SSC.

Can you give me a minute to delete my posts first? 😬

I thought we were really disappointing at the Euros but this has been some upsurge in form. Even if we don't make the World Cup we look a very good bet to qualify for Euro 2024.

Can you give me a minute to delete my posts first? [emoji51]
I thought we were really disappointing at the Euros but this has been some upsurge in form. Even if we don't make the World Cup we look a very good bet to qualify for Euro 2024.
I've not had a look back, I've probably had a moan myself and if I did moan then I fully deserve my ban.

Can you give me a minute to delete my posts first? [emoji51]
The results at the Euros weren't great but I don't think we would've got these past three months if we hadn't qualified. The team is a brilliant group and look what it's done for the fans.

22 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Can you give me a minute to delete my posts first? emoji51.png

The results at the Euros weren't great but I don't think we would've got these past three months if we hadn't qualified. The team is a brilliant group and look what it's done for the fans.

S S.C. was saying all the time they had together at the Euros was beneficial !

I was giving Clarke pelters after the Euros (especially the Croatia game) and I also didn't get the hype about McGinn.

I know absolutely nothing about football. 

I honestly thought when Clarke took the job he's just stop us from being complete pish and get us back to the also-ran level of pish I'd been used to since 1998.

The man is the Saltcoats Sacchi and I don't mind just fucking trusting everything he says from now on.

On 23/06/2021 at 09:08, BingMcCrosby said:

Overall performances and results have been poor.

We managed to get to this tournament by an excellent draw with serbia. A game we should have won in the 90mins. That along with the England game is our only good performances under Clarke.

Hes produced some good performances when our backs to the wall. But thats it. He's unable to win games at home, we always look like the away team.

He got us to a tournament for the first time in 23 years, but we were not good. 2 home games and 0 points, its unforgivable.

Hes already made a terrible start to the next qualifying. Its time we parted ways, hes never going to be a good manager for us.

Last night as Souness says was dark ages stuff. Also the wrong team and tactics. 

But the worst thing of all was the reluctance to change things. We were on top in spells for the first half. Croatia started to control the game and we left the players out there to rot. Rather than freshen things up and get back at them. 

The changes were to litte to late and now were out. Arguably the worst team in the tournament.

Yes turkey and North Macedonia lost all 3 games, but neither played a home game. And we played 2. 

Nothing against the guy, I want every scotland manager to succeed. But its been poor overall. It really has.

Strachan when we went deserved to go, but he had the team playing better than this. Were going nowhere.

OK I can now hand over my title of, "Worst Poster in P&B History" to a much more deserving candidate.

Take a bow, @BingMcCrosby

OK I can now hand over my title of, "Worst Poster in P&B History" to a much more deserving candidate.
Take a bow, [mention=61382]BingMcCrosby[/mention]
I'm delighted at how this campaign has turned out. Proper ripped the heed aff it tonight.

But... come on. After the Euros, it was absolutely valid to debate whether we were going in the right direction.

At the time, my opinion was that SC was the right man to take us fwd. At the same time, I respected and understood the peeps who thought otherwise. It's all food for thought.

The gloaty pish - over fellow Scotland fans who only want the best for the team - is poor. If you can't at least entertain and consider an alternative point of view then a forum's not for you - © Aristotle

8 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

The gloaty pish - over fellow Scotland fans who only want the best for the team - is poor. If you can't at least entertain and consider an alternative point of view then a forum's not for you - © Aristotle

I remember - when doing Greek at Uni - struggling to translate Aristotle and 'gloaty pish' is about right.

BUT you have to translate my post to 'tongue in cheek'...

On 26/06/2021 at 22:04, DA Baracus said:

Where are folk getting that we will qualify for the World Cup next from?

Denmark looked very good in their last two games. They had a pace in attack we would struggle to cope with. They are the first team in Euros history to score 4 goals in consecutive games. How are we getting a win in Copenhagen? Or even a draw. How are we beating them at Hampden?

Austria are holding Italy just now. Italy have definitely turned in their worst performance of the tournament so far, but Austria are in this game. They also go through their group, winning two games and scoring 4 goals. What is there to suggest we can win in Vienna? Which is what we will almost certainly have to do after drawing at Hampden?

We've already chucked the group. History has shown us, time and time again, that results like the Austria and Israel ones do us in. Check back on past groups. It's the same pattern. We have results like that and folk say we can still qualify. Whilst they are not technically incorrect, the stats show that time and time again it knackers our chances. It puts us out of qualification. Sadly, I think we are almost certainly out now again. We have thrown it away with the two aforementioned results, and saying otherwise is simply hoping for a statistical anomaly.