Time to go Steve Clarke

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Bing, Get it right fucking up you

Away you go ya wet wipe.

Criticism of Steve Clarke is absolutely valid. Suggesting it isnt is burying your head in the sand about where this group of players should be.

Tonight is a good night and eases the pressure. But its one small step in the right direction towards where we should be. 

Pretty much everyone on this forum wants Clarke to succeed. We all should. Doesnt mean the guy isnt beyond criticism.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Good result and performance tonight. Someone said earlier we seem to play well for 1 of a triple header and they called it spot on.

Gilmour has really improved us. And credit to Hendry and Hanley especially, unbeatable tonight!

Get to f**k, get this thread binned.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Away you go ya wet wipe.

Criticism of Steve Clarke is absolutely valid. Suggesting it isnt is burying your head in the sand about where this group of players should be.

Tonight is a good night and eases the pressure. But its one small step in the right direction towards where we should be. 

Pretty much everyone on this forum wants Clarke to succeed. We all should. Doesnt mean the guy isnt beyond criticism.

Honestly don't even bother with him! 

I don’t see how anyone can still doubt Clarke after tonight tbh. To beat Austria away with only ten players on the park is some going. 

Imagine how good we’ll be with a right wing back playing too.

Just now, G51 said:

I don’t see how anyone can still doubt Clarke after tonight tbh. To beat Austria away with only ten players on the park is some going. 

Its one good performance. Great. Buzzing. We all want the guy to do well. But the criticism is valid.

Weve had several poor performances in a row beforehand. 

Tonight is great. More like that and no one will question him.  But baring the England game weve not produced a performance like that since the Serbia game, which was nearly a year ago. 

One bad game doesnt make a bad manager. So one good performance doesnt remove all worries for me.

As for SOD, the guy has overall been good for Scotland, leave him be.

Just now, G51 said:

I think reasonable debate is healthy. And I think by and large its been that I've said all along I think Clarke is good when we're playing under pressure. What would convince me is us being able to dominate weaker teams. Especially at home. Hopefully we can make some progress with that, but thats never really been a clarke trait?

I'd also like us to be more expansive at home also. Which would help us beat the teams we should be beating.

Also the home euro performances were poor, that was a golden opportunity blown.

We've been on a pretty terrible run of form and tonight ends that.

Everyone here supports scotland so hopefully everyone can put the petty stuff away and just support the team. 

If we get to the World Cup ill be Steve's biggest fan.

57 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

You sound fucking raging tbf :lol:

Haha I'm really not. Only got to watch the second half but thought we were excellent, and Clarke deserves credit for that because I think his tweak to the midfield had a big part to play in that.

Was fucking fuming on Saturday mind 😂

On 04/09/2021 at 21:46, Ro Sham Bo said:

Surely nobody can defend this moron now. Imagine giving him another 4 years. Spectacular incompetence even by SFA standards. 

The man should be sacked in the changing rooms. 

On 04/09/2021 at 21:46, the snudge said:

Can't even blame the players there. They did everything they could to the best of their abilities. The subs were baffling. Taking Gilmour off was terrible. He was the heartbeat of that side. I've not seen a player in my lifetime of the national side sweep passes around like the way he does. Class act.

I'm embarrassed by that 2nd half tonight. That's down to Clarke 

On 04/09/2021 at 22:38, Jacky1990 said:

Rant time.

Ivr been to most home games since the late 90s and that was one of the most infuriating games Ive been at since the Levein days, and it was all down to the manager.

f**k sake, 5 at the back against fucking Moldova? Going to a 5-4-1 for the last 10 mins with Turnbull at right mid to protect a 1 goal lead at gome to fucking Moldova?!!

Our entire system is set up not to lose. It doesnt work in games we need to go win or in any sort of attacking sense. The right hand side of our team is such a non entity because we are asking a full back to be both full back and winger without the support Tierney offers on the left.

Going into the Euros he shook up the midfield with one deeper and two more advanced either side. It doesnt work and it has made McGinn go MIA for 90% of the games since the change. We had success with McGinn attacking from deep with Chrstie or Fraser buzzing about Dykes. Now we have two static attackers upfront that offer very little. Thats all down to how Clarke is setting the team up.

The most worrying thing for me is that Clarke and the coaches had a good month with the players during the Euros and England game aside weve been pish. The last two games weve went years backwards in my opinion.

This is a talented group of players and Clarke just isnt getting anything from them right now. And his stubberness and lack of plan B or different tactics for more winnable games is going to cost us. Yes, we won, but that was a shite performance and they could easily have sucker punched us for a draw.

As much as I really, really like the guy and want him to do well. Hes a loss in Austria away from me being firmly in the Clarke out camp.

Thank f**k Im sober because Id be having a full meltdown tonight if I was pished.

On 04/09/2021 at 22:57, BFTD said:

Depressingly, I'm at the point of thinking that this is as good as it's going to get with Clarke. Didn't think we were doing as badly as a lot of folk seem to, and I thought there was slow improvement until we qualified for the Euros, but the performances either side of the tournament have been poor and seem to be getting worse, if anything. Maybe we'll somehow pull something out of the locker in a few days, but it would be a big change of form.

And nothing's going to change until 2024.

On 05/09/2021 at 03:13, DublinMagyar said:

He was shite 2 years ago, f**k him out

SFA - let's give the useless c**t thousands and thousands of pounds for failure, yay

On 05/09/2021 at 07:38, eez-eh said:

You’re happy with making defensive subs in the second half to see out a 1-0 win against Moldova? When our position could quite easily come down to goal difference?

Where are you all now? let's see you weasel out you reactionary, shoot your load too soon little wankers 

Edited by 2426255

On 05/09/2021 at 11:58, Ken Deans said:

Am neither. I am very disappointed because there's potential in this squad and its being wasted. Oh am aware we're  stuck with the situation till 2024 but am keeping shtum till Tuesday night. Its the hope that gets you

Glad you kept schtum?

On 05/09/2021 at 12:20, 2426255 said:

We're doing fine, take it easy and relax Ken.

Bang on

13 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Where are you all now? let's see you weasel out.

Great result tonight.

Please explain what it has to do with expressing frustration at not scoring more goals against Moldova.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Great result tonight.

Please explain what it has to do with expressing frustration at not scoring more goals against Moldova.

Thank you.

Was it Clarke’s  fault we didn’t score more?

Edited by RobbieD