Time to go Steve Clarke

Just now, lichtiemike said:

It’s clear you’re just attention seeking now though, I mean there’s differing opinions, then there’s thinking Nuno Espírito Santo would take the Scotland job, it’s absolute pie in the sky stuff.

Im just posting options on football mate, I dont need to insult anyone to get my point accross.

What is Nuno Espirtio Santo's expected salary for an international job?

I think fans of other nations would a) probably not care if we sacked SC but b) if they did care they'd be a bit bemused.

We were beaten by the favourites in the two Hampden games - disappointing but ultimately realistic outcomes. The Czech game was very even and while the Croats controlled the game they didn't completely humiliate us or anything, they were just a bit too good for us. And on the flip side, we pulled off a great result away to England, the group's top seed, significantly upsetting the odds. All in all that's a reasonable account we've given of ourselves - two "expecteds" and a mini shock.

I'd much rather build on that than rip everything up and start again.

51 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im just posting options on football mate, I dont need to insult anyone to get my point accross.

What is Nuno Espirtio Santo's expected salary for an international job?

On 23/06/2021 at 17:04, BingMcCrosby said:

I think your a coward

I think Clarke has done just about enough to warrant seeing out the WC qualifiers and for the SFA to have an overall look of his tenure at that point.
We have already hashed the nation's league route and not exactly been flying in these qualifiers so far but he has an evolving squad now and let's see how he brings it forward.
If we make a decent fist of it with an entirely improving style of play then he will have done enough to get next euro's.
If it's continual caveman stuff playing hoofball with poor team selections then look elsewhere for next euro campaign.

I'm not an never have been a huge fan of Clarke, but I don't see the point of sacking him. Sure we last and never went through but 

1. We looked organized

2, A few of our players showed  they are up to it at this level

3. Who else is there.

The main problems in all of the games was that The two strikers were not working (and neither was the one striker). There were some obviously strange choices and an unwillingness to change things around. The players although motivated clearly let nerves get to them at Hampden.  The use of the long ball against Croatia was a bit embarrassing, Although I think that might have been more about the players than the manager. 

Clarke needs to improve but he's done no worse than expected 

It's a game of fine margins, and if for example Robertson had score that chance against the Czeks then the whole game and group  could have been different, but he didn't and it wasn't 

14 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I'm not an never have been a huge fan of Clarke, but I don't see the point of sacking him. Sure we last and never went through but 

1. We looked organized

2, A few of our players showed  they are up to it at this level

3. Who else is there.

The main problems in all of the games was that The two strikers were not working (and neither was the one striker). There were some obviously strange choices and an unwillingness to change things around. The players although motivated clearly let nerves get to them at Hampden.  The use of the long ball against Croatia was a bit embarrassing, Although I think that might have been more about the players than the manager. 

Clarke needs to improve but he's done no worse than expected 

It's a game of fine margins, and if for example Robertson had score that chance against the Czeks then the whole game and group  could have been different, but he didn't and it wasn't 

We looked organised 

Correct,  past tense

We just conceded 5 goals in 2 homes games whilst playing a 5 man defence 

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

We looked organised 

Correct,  past tense

We just conceded 5 goals in 2 homes games whilst playing a 5 man defence 

I don't think lack of organization was the problem at any of the goals, with the possible exception of the Marshal goes a wandering goal. Against the Czechs, there were moments of switch off, while against the Croats, the fact we were overrun in midfield meant that they were able to wear down our defense.  The players by and large seemed to know the system Clarke wanted and stuck with it an mostly kept their shape.  (Well organized) Wither it was the right system is a different matter. 

30 minutes ago, Ayrforce1 said:

I think Clarke has done just about enough to warrant seeing out the WC qualifiers and for the SFA to have an overall look of his tenure at that point.
We have already hashed the nation's league route and not exactly been flying in these qualifiers so far but he has an evolving squad now and let's see how he brings it forward.
If we make a decent fist of it with an entirely improving style of play then he will have done enough to get next euro's.
If it's continual caveman stuff playing hoofball with poor team selections then look elsewhere for next euro campaign.

If there seems like a possible upgrade of course we should take it.  Other wise  keep what we have. But Win lose or Draw, I'd say two campaigns is enough for any one manager. 

10 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I don't think lack of organization was the problem at any of the goals, with the possible exception of the Marshal goes a wandering goal. Against the Czechs, there were moments of switch off, while against the Croats, the fact we were overrun in midfield meant that they were able to wear down our defense.  The players by and large seemed to know the system Clarke wanted and stuck with it an mostly kept their shape.  (Well organized) Wither it was the right system is a different matter. 

True in croats 

In Czech Marshall about 4 good saves 

It was a bit of a shambles 

21 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Yes, he has probably learned harsh lessons from this tournament but I see no reason to believe that we won't qualify for Qatar 2021

This is utterly senseless.

Our recent record is poor, we've just flopped badly in a tournament and have already started the campaign in question very poorly.

Yet, you see no reason why we won't qualify.  Why do people allow support for a team to rob them of critical faculties?

5 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

If only we had tried the "foreign manager in his twilight years" approach before. 

Christ 😂

If once employing Berti Vogts suggests we shouldn't again do something similar, then there's plenty evidence to imply we should never again employ anyone Scottish.

This is utterly senseless.
Our recent record is poor, we've just flopped badly in a tournament...

Disappointed as I am at our Euros performance and exit, I don't think - objectively speaking - we flopped. To the outsider, we lost against Czech and Croatia as expected, with the former being a pretty close fight and the latter hardly a humiliation, and we impressively held the top seeds to a draw on their patch.

Yes 1 goal and 1 point seems grim. We definitely didn't punch through the ceiling as we hoped we might, but nobody outwith the Scotland support is lamenting our performance as sub-par.