Young players ready to step up

We have a good crop of youngsters which imho is a positive so I'm hoping that Steve Clarke (he's not going anywhere thankfully) starts using them in the September qualifying campaign.  Maybe not every single player that I mention lol but it would be good to see at least some in match day squads:

Luis Binks (I know nothing of him so fill me in lol, is he International class or ready? 

Nathan Patterson: Hopefully gets a good run in the Rangers team, especially in Europe as that will improve him further 

Billy Gilmour: Showed he's ready to be in the team, in fact he should have been in a long time ago! 

David Turnbull: Hopefully he kicks on at Celtic and challenges to get into the Scotland team on a regular basis 

Allan Campbell: Hopefully has a successful time at Burton and pushes to get into future squads, maybe the next Nations League is more realistic for him.

Now I move on to eligible players, probably ones likely to never play for us, bar one or two. 

Ciaran Slicker: Like Binks, I don't know about this guy so fill me in. I see via SFA page that he's been in under 21 squads previously so that may be a sign he's pledged allegiance. 

Matt Targett: I don't see him play for us as we have a good crop of Lbs, unless we have him as 3rd choice behind Robertson and Tierney. 

Todd Kane or Ryan Fredericks could possibly be the ones that eventually pledge allegiance. I'd say Todd Kane is more likely though I'd like it to be Ryan Fredericks who I would put as our first choice RB with Nathan Patterson second behind him and Stephen O'Donnell 3rd choice behind those 2.

We are in desperate need of a striker to step up from the under 21s though or Karlan Grant to pledge allegiance because we cannot keep relying on Adams, Dykes and Nisbet every match day.  Oliver McBurnie, Lawrence Shankland and Oliver Burke are not good enough for international football imho and I'm fairly certain that Leigh Griffiths won't pull on a Scotland jersey again. 

When contributing to this thread I want no personal attacks on mine, or anyone else's opinions and please stay on topic too lol. 

I'm sure McBurnie will be straight back into our squads, and spend another couple of years making us all wonder how an English club can spend £20million on an immobile, lazy carthorse with the first touch of a post box. He must be capable of something to go for that sort of money, right??

2 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

We have a good crop of youngsters which imho is a positive so I'm hoping that Steve Clarke (he's not going anywhere thankfully) starts using them in the September qualifying campaign.  Maybe not every single player that I mention lol but it would be good to see at least some in match day squads:

Luis Binks (I know nothing of him so fill me in lol, is he International class or ready? 

Nathan Patterson: Hopefully gets a good run in the Rangers team, especially in Europe as that will improve him further 

Billy Gilmour: Showed he's ready to be in the team, in fact he should have been in a long time ago! 

David Turnbull: Hopefully he kicks on at Celtic and challenges to get into the Scotland team on a regular basis 

Allan Campbell: Hopefully has a successful time at Burton and pushes to get into future squads, maybe the next Nations League is more realistic for him.

Now I move on to eligible players, probably ones likely to never play for us, bar one or two. 

Ciaran Slicker: Like Binks, I don't know about this guy so fill me in. I see via SFA page that he's been in under 21 squads previously so that may be a sign he's pledged allegiance. 

Matt Targett: I don't see him play for us as we have a good crop of Lbs, unless we have him as 3rd choice behind Robertson and Tierney. 

Todd Kane or Ryan Fredericks could possibly be the ones that eventually pledge allegiance. I'd say Todd Kane is more likely though I'd like it to be Ryan Fredericks who I would put as our first choice RB with Nathan Patterson second behind him and Stephen O'Donnell 3rd choice behind those 2.

We are in desperate need of a striker to step up from the under 21s though or Karlan Grant to pledge allegiance because we cannot keep relying on Adams, Dykes and Nisbet every match day.  Oliver McBurnie, Lawrence Shankland and Oliver Burke are not good enough for international football imho and I'm fairly certain that Leigh Griffiths won't pull on a Scotland jersey again. 

When contributing to this thread I want no personal attacks on mine, or anyone else's opinions and please stay on topic too lol. 

Um ok but I'll give my opinion anyway ..

Nathan Patterson should be our first choice right back now.

Turnbull is kicking on at Celtic and should replace Armstrong or even McGinn who could move to a more defensive position.

There's a few players at Bayern, hopefully they can develop.

33 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Any sign of any young(er) keepers? We have 3 ageing goalies in the squad, at least one of whom is a reserve at his club.

Slicker at Man City and Mair at Norwich have been touted as possible #1s in future but f**k knows. 

McCrorie posisbly

Any sign of any young(er) keepers? We have 3 ageing goalies in the squad, at least one of whom is a reserve at his club.
Not seen much of Zander Clark but every time I do he seems decent?

Just now, ftk said:
1 hour ago, Bearwithme said:

Not seen much of Zander Clark but ever time I do he seems decent?

Clark is one that crossed my mind but, like yourself, I've not seen a huge amount of him.

Slicker at Man City and Mair at Norwich have been touted as possible #1s in future but f**k knows. 

McCrorie posisbly

Angus Gunn has also signed for Norwich. Could be an option if we can convince him to follow in his dad’s footsteps.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

Angus Gunn has also signed for Norwich. Could be an option if we can convince him to follow in his dad’s footsteps.

I'd rather have his da' in the team. He's repeatedly dingied us and been a bit shite for his club team for a few years

• 4 months later...
On 23/06/2021 at 05:51, Caley Shaun said:

Campbell plays from Luton and he was on the bench yesterday coming back from injury 

On 23/06/2021 at 05:51, Caley Shaun said:

I would think Lewis Ferguson is ahead of Allan Campbell

1 hour ago, Ewan8472 said:

I would think Lewis Ferguson is ahead of Allan Campbell

Aye off coarse he is he is in the squad but Campbell has been injured the last month,and even at that was settling at life in the championship 

Campbell is a future Scotland International in the making though

Very John McGinn in style he can play holding midfielder really well or play box to box and get up and support 

I really like Allan Campbell as a player he probably made the right move they might not be a fashionable club

But they try and play a good high tempo style off attacking football,were trusted and given freedom to express himself he will shine

And hopefully earn himself a move to a Crystal Palace or a Burnley or Southampton 

28 minutes ago, red23 said:

why do you have an utter hard on for anyone that plays for luton town btw?

How's it feel being a grown up talking about hardons on the Internet?

Campbell is a cracking young player if Lewis Ferguson can manage a few caps then so can he

Both are the future of Scotland weather like it or not going forward the next seven or eight seasons wait and see,he won't be there long he will move to a bigger better team possibly Rangers or Celtic 

43 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

How's it feel being a grown up talking about hardons on the Internet?

Campbell is a cracking young player if Lewis Ferguson can manage a few caps then so can he

Both are the future of Scotland weather like it or not going forward the next seven or eight seasons wait and see,he won't be there long he will move to a bigger better team possibly Rangers or Celtic 

What sort of player is Campbell?

7 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

What sort of player is Campbell?

John McGinn in style a guy that can sit or play box to box he is very good something we miss because we haven't a lot off quality holding midfielders coming through 

Athletic strong and comfortable on the ball not scared off a tackle he will do well in England they already love him