Jump to content

Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Have they got a relegation spot in place up there yet?

Aye but a free hit at the play off. 

@Marshmallo @virginton

Instead of the petty red dots can you answer the question please?

A lot of shouting aboot the LL opening up relegation spots (rightly so)  can you confirm the HL are doing so this season with the Midlands opening up? Where does their champion club go subject to licensing? 

It's no just the LL that needs a complete reboot. 

Edited by newcastle broon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

@Marshmallo @virginton

Instead of the petty red dots can you answer the question please?

A lot of shouting aboot the LL opening up relegation spots (rightly so)  can you confirm the HL are doing so this season with the Midlands opening up? Where does their champion club go subject to licensing? 

It's no just the LL that needs a complete reboot. 

You should know by now there's a play-off. Its quite self preservation minded with the bottom HL having the chance to save themselves. 

Unfortunately for right now there isnt the depth below the HL to make an argument for much more. That will hopefully only last until the next SFA AGM where a handful of clubs get licensed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

@Marshmallo @virginton

Instead of the petty red dots can you answer the question please?

A lot of shouting aboot the LL opening up relegation spots (rightly so)  can you confirm the HL are doing so this season with the Midlands opening up? Where does their champion club go subject to licensing? 

It's no just the LL that needs a complete reboot. 

Complete and utter whataboutery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

@Marshmallo @virginton

Instead of the petty red dots can you answer the question please?

A lot of shouting aboot the LL opening up relegation spots (rightly so)  can you confirm the HL are doing so this season with the Midlands opening up? Where does their champion club go subject to licensing? 

It's no just the LL that needs a complete reboot. 

There are currently 2 licensed clubs at T6 in the North. There is one promotion spot.

How many at T6 in the South?

Edited by invergowrie arab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

They have all the leverage. Its what they stand to gain I don't get 

But they don’t really do they. Like you say, they’ve nothing to gain either, but if they continue to insist that only the champion clubs can be nominated for the playoffs, then what’s stopping the LL from simply doing that and putting a whole load of cats amongst the pigeons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, G51 said:

But they don’t really do they. Like you say, they’ve nothing to gain either, but if they continue to insist that only the champion clubs can be nominated for the playoffs, then what’s stopping the LL from simply doing that and putting a whole load of cats amongst the pigeons?

Because Rangers and Celtic B aren't clubs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if G51 is at the wind up with this no leverage angle but potentially having to at a minimum refund the OF their 50k, potentially losing out on a Club 42 playoff entry this season because Rangers B look likely to win it all at this point, and also potentially not being able to relegate Vale of Leithen for the umpteenth time if they do opt to empty the Old Firm at this point because the validity of all games played under Version 16 may be open to challenge if they revert to Version 15 a third of the way in, may be enough of a nuisance factor to make a limited number of future trips over the Tay Bridge for league games palatable.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Because Rangers and Celtic B aren't clubs 

And they don’t meet spfl rules.

The sell outs have completely fucked this.  They can blame Fraser if they want, but they also need to look at themselves.  Why were they so desperate to suck up to the OF that they didn’t question any of the bullshit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

And they don’t meet spfl rules.

The sell outs have completely fucked this.  They can blame Fraser if they want, but they also need to look at themselves.  Why were they so desperate to suck up to the OF that they didn’t question any of the bullshit?

They were too busy being dazzled by the TV deals, sponsorships, and massive influx of fans to care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Was going to post in The Spartans page but either blind or they’ve no got one 

Anyway great signing in Cammy Russell from Kelty Hearts , always put a shift in when selected and knows where the net is 

Haha. Look at this weirdo wanting to talk about the actual football on this forum!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

There are currently 2 licensed clubs at T6 in the North. There is one promotion spot.

How many at T6 in the South?

I'm sure if any other ambitious clubs in the North got within a sniff of reaching tier 5 on footballing merit there would be some kind of fast track arranged. ;)

There are a helluva lot more at tier 6 in the South which every enthusiast knows but this is where the pyramid is unfortunately flawed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm sure if any other ambitious clubs in the North got within a sniff of reaching tier 5 on footballing merit there would be some kind of fast track arranged.

If Banks o' Dee wanted in the Highland League, they've had plenty of opportunity over the last decade. They even got invited when Cove went up and they turned it down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm sure if any other ambitious clubs in the North got within a sniff of reaching tier 5 on footballing merit there would be some kind of fast track arranged. ;)

There are a helluva lot more at tier 6 in the South which every enthusiast knows but this is where the pyramid is unfortunately flawed.

 

Actually its a good point. I'm assuming with the pyramid the application route to the HL was closed off but maybe it wasn't 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm sure if any other ambitious clubs in the North got within a sniff of reaching tier 5 on footballing merit there would be some kind of fast track arranged. ;)

There are a helluva lot more at tier 6 in the South which every enthusiast knows but this is where the pyramid is unfortunately flawed.

 

I fail to see the relevance of the North pyramid to the Lowland League annually trying to stave off relegation and replacement by a stack of licensed clubs below them in the South.

More pure and distilled whataboutery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, virginton said:

I fail to see the relevance of the North pyramid to the Lowland League annually trying to stave off relegation and replacement by a stack of licensed clubs below them in the South.

More pure and distilled whataboutery. 

Thread title LL general chat right enough. 

Last time I checked HFL is at tier 5 same as LL.

Lets relegate say half a dozen every season from the LL to suit the "stacks" of clubs in the South.

You got it right there "stacks" of clubs in the top heavy pyramid.

Cant help the countries geography why should the LL open up more relegations when theres no much room for movement from the HFL at the same level?

Theres yer stumbling block.

Oh such pure whataboutery 👍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thread title LL general chat right enough. 

Last time I checked HFL is at tier 5 same as LL.

Lets relegate say half a dozen every season from the LL to suit the "stacks" of clubs in the South.

You got it right there "stacks" of clubs in the top heavy pyramid.

Cant help the countries geography why should the LL open up more relegations when theres no much room for movement from the HFL at the same level?

Theres yer stumbling block.

Oh such pure whataboutery 👍

 

There's no relegation from half the Tier 6 leagues either. Maybe the West Premier, East Premier & North Super should stop all relegations to match up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thread title LL general chat right enough. 

Last time I checked HFL is at tier 5 same as LL.

Lets relegate say half a dozen every season from the LL to suit the "stacks" of clubs in the South.

You got it right there "stacks" of clubs in the top heavy pyramid.

Cant help the countries geography why should the LL open up more relegations when theres no much room for movement from the HFL at the same level?

Theres yer stumbling block.

Oh such pure whataboutery 👍

 

You can add 'havering pish' to 'pure whataboutery' on your scorecard now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Thread title LL general chat right enough. 

Last time I checked HFL is at tier 5 same as LL.

Lets relegate say half a dozen every season from the LL to suit the "stacks" of clubs in the South.

You got it right there "stacks" of clubs in the top heavy pyramid.

Cant help the countries geography why should the LL open up more relegations when theres no much room for movement from the HFL at the same level?

Theres yer stumbling block.

Oh such pure whataboutery 👍

 

The HFL is a 100 year old league with established community clubs (and FW) with a at most a dozen clubs underneath capable of addin value to the league.

The LL is the opposite. A rag tag bunch of students, 11 lads who bought a set of strips and pissweak clubs who shod have been empied from the league years ago holding up the progress of established community clubs with things like fans and grounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...